Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
But what sense would it make for Madrid to spend that kind of money for a player that everybody seems to assume is going there next summer for free? PSG doesn't need the money, and with Mbappe their chance of winning the CL this season is up there, to them it's worth more to them than than the money they'd get from Mbappe (and I'm not sure Madrid can or even would want to spend 100+ million right now). Also, Madrid and PSG have always had a good relationship (unlike with Barcelona), so if PSG doesn't want to sell as they've stated multiple times, then no way is Mbappe going to Madrid this year.
Madrid really need his signing, mainly for having a leader of the project .The season can be "IV after Cristiano" or "I of Mbappe"
and because there are many questions in the performance that Bale and Hazard will give.

Playing at the highest level with such a short contract seems unnatural to me but yes, it seems like you're right and we're going to have to wait

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Madrid really need his signing, mainly for having a leader of the project .The season can be "IV after Cristiano" or "I of Mbappe"
and because there are many questions in the performance that Bale and Hazard will give.

Playing at the highest level with such a short contract seems unnatural to me but yes, it seems like you're right and we're going to have to wait
I get it, and he's been the goal for a while now, but next season I believe Bale is off the wage bill, there will be some exits, a lot of money suddenly freeing up, it just makes more sense. Of course the risk is, as many here seem to underestimate, is that Mbappe actually goes somewhere else when he's a free agent. Everybody at Madrid seems very confident though, so I really believe they'll hold off, it makes too much sense financially to do so and I just don't know that Mbappe is as unhappy as some are reporting about staying in Paris for this season, it's a hell of a team and he will get a lot of goals/assists, so even if Madrid came up with an offer (unlikely to me) and PSG accepted it (bordering on the realm of impossible), I don't know if Mbappe would jump at going to this current Madrid side over spending one last season trying to leave on top of Europe by bringing a CL to Paris. I wouldn't even be mad if he left after that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As carvajal put, madrid really need the signing asap. There's also the fact that we don't do transitional seasons either. We want to win now.

And then there's everything else that's been mentioned. Possible injuries, or PSG convincing him to stay

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd be very surprised if Real don't get him this season, PSG will have to get something for him this summer.

RedDevilPure

Good luck trying to sign a PSG player, they rarely can get away. And also expect that a lot of clubs will compete with you for his signing. I won't be surprised if Mbappe ends up signing a new deal, now with Messi, he has changed the world's perception of PSG. PSG won't be seen as a stepping stone anymore as they are now regarded as the strongest team in Europe, definitely have a higher chance to win the CL than Real Madrid.

Jibbs

If we can get Pogba to sign a new deal, Varane settles in well. We can sign both Mbappe and Camavinga on a free next year. We can pay all three more than Real can any day. Real and Barca have lot their luster post covid and post Ronaldo/ Messi.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Good luck trying to sign a PSG player, they rarely can get away. And also expect that a lot of clubs will compete with you for his signing. I won't be surprised if Mbappe ends up signing a new deal, now with Messi, he has changed the world's perception of PSG. PSG won't be seen as a stepping stone anymore as they are now regarded as the strongest team in Europe, definitely have a higher chance to win the CL than Real Madrid.
He already had a chance to win the Champions League last year, and the year before.
Right now he is a second, or rather a third fiddle. Are they going to give him the ballon d'or with those two in front of him? Madrid offer him a team for him, to develop that supposed ego that he has.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Next year we'll offer him €50M a year. Our only competition is PSG

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You can have him.. we'll take Haaland, the younger and superior talent.
I'll take Mbappe over Haaland any day. Let's see where both stand when their career is over. I'd like to see Haaland sustain the level Mbappe has for the last five seasons before I even put them in the same sentence.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You can have him.. we'll take Haaland, the younger and superior talent.
If the economy recovers, we'll also offer Haaland €30M though :D

And if not, and we do get Mbappé, PSG will...

Kiwi Man

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently only one team has bid for him and its from England. The romantic in me wants to say Liverpool but I know with our owners and wage structure it's impossible. I would say Chelsea but not now they have Lukaku. So surely points at City?

reddevilchennai

If the economy recovers, we'll also offer Haaland €30M though :D

And if not, and we do get Mbappé, PSG will...
Then you start giving silly wages to everyone and become the next Barcelona debt wise, couldn't move or sign players.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Then you start giving silly wages to everyone and become the next Barcelona debt wise, couldn't move or sign players.
Nah. We have a strict wage structure. We just pay more than most other clubs

Bale and Hazard on €30M, Alaba on €25M, Kroos and Benzema on €20M, etc....i mean, we're not barcelona debt wise, but we *do* have the problem of moving players and signing new ones...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apparently only one team has bid for him and its from England. The romantic in me wants to say Liverpool but I know with our owners and wage structure it's impossible. I would say Chelsea but not now they have Lukaku. So surely points at City?
Yeah, it’s either City or nobody/paper talk. I don’t think Liverpool and Manchester United can afford the numbers that would be in play here. Madrid have been saving all their pennies together to get Mbappe in Madrid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nah. We have a strict wage structure. We just pay more than most other clubs

Bale and Hazard on €30M, Alaba on €25M, Kroos and Benzema on €20M, etc....i mean, we're not barcelona debt wise, but we *do* have the problem of moving players and signing new ones...
I wonder why you have problems moving players who are paid millions hmmm
Coming back to bite madrid and Barca on the arse

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wonder why you have problems moving players who are paid millions hmmm
Coming back to bite madrid and Barca on the arse
We need to shift those players because they stopped performing to the value of the contract. Those players would be Bale(too long contract), Marcelo(ditto) and Isco(fell off a cliff, showed horrible attitude), all of whom are gone at the end of the season, then Mariano and Jovic(just stupid deals all around), and finally Hazard(injuries).

Our wage bill was at 50% of revenue before Covid. Even with covid, we negotiated a 10% reduction and we're fine. We aren't paying too much, unlike barcelona

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This ‘Premier League’ club showing interest in Mbappe will be the exact same as Spurs showing an interest in signing Lionel Messi. :lol:
You laugh but Spurs are my pick of the likely English candidates, in spite of Levy. City should finally get Kane for £120-150m. That frees up Kane salary on top of the huge amount of liquidity from City to pump into Mbappe's wages.

Doesn't mean Mbappe will be keen to forfeit CL football, but that's not what we're discussing here.

ShinjiNinja26

You laugh but Spurs are my pick of the likely English candidates, in spite of Levy. City should finally get Kane for £120-150m. That frees up Kane salary on top of the huge amount of liquidity from City to pump into Mbappe's wages.

Doesn't mean Mbappe will be keen to forfeit CL football, but that's not what we're discussing here.
Imagine. :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Surely its more likely to be City bidding for him?

sokol11

Surely its more likely to be City bidding for him?
If there was a chance of him going to City they would already make their moves. The way they are pushing for Kane seems that Haland and Mbappe are going somewhere else.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

It would be pretty pointless if that's the case. Absolutely no reason for him to join. Same as Messi. I get they want to attract people to their debt-burdened mega stadium, but it's not the real world.

I'm hoping it's United who have bid for him, but would be surprised if it's not City.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm pretty disappointed by him if he thinks he's worth more than forming a dream front 3 with Neymar and Messi. If he really thinks he can carry Real Madrid and La Liga on his shoulders, he'll be disappointed and so will Real fans. He's not that kind of player, he's not Messi, he'll never be Ronaldo. I think he doesn't realize what he's good at and what he cannot do. He should focus on being a super Thierry Henry (even that would be amazing), not a playmaker.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'm pretty disappointed by him if he thinks he's worth more than forming a dream front 3 with Neymar and Messi. If he really thinks he can carry Real Madrid and La Liga on his shoulders, he'll be disappointed and so will Real fans. He's not that kind of player, he's not Messi, he'll never be Ronaldo. I think he doesn't realize what he's good at and what he cannot do. He should focus on being a super Thierry Henry (even that would be amazing), not a playmaker.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mercenaries Assemble!! Oh no, Iron Man's leaving.

LoneStar

As carvajal put, madrid really need the signing asap. There's also the fact that we don't do transitional seasons either. We want to win now.

And then there's everything else that's been mentioned. Possible injuries, or PSG convincing him to stay
Why does United never do this? :rolleyes:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Crazy considering we can sign him for free in January and he can play for us from next season.
Part of me wonders I’d Perez is terrified of pissing off El-Khelaifi for fear he will ruin you like he ruined Barcelona :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Crazy considering we can sign him for free in January and he can play for us from next season.
Exactly. Why the hell are PSG rejecting an offer that fair (in this market) when he clearly won’t extend?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
PSG Refuses a 160m euro bid with 1 year left on the contract

I'll talk worst-financial-management for 2000 Alex.

This is what a club can do when they don't actually need an income, they can reject any sum they want because the coffers of the owners are near bottomless.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If the offer has finally been made then I think he will come and that this is all a show.
Maybe we will reach 200, I wonder if they will demand a player, like Mendy or Casemiro

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Surely, this is a panic move? Liverpool, or some other English club, waiting to pounce on the zero amount in January?

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Part of me wonders I’d Perez is terrified of pissing off El-Khelaifi for fear he will ruin you like he ruined Barcelona :lol:
Like what can he do`? Is he gonna steal ISco? Asensio? Bale? Vinicious? Hazard? All of them are shit :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh no, they're gonna take Hazard now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.