Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It has nothing to do with him hating PSG, it would be an ego trip. It would mean that he wants to shine on his own and doesn't want to be a member of a big 3 that might be remembered in 50 years when football scholars talk about Messi's last club in euope like they do with Pelé at Cosmos. And that would be really poor judgement on his end because Messi and Neymar can make him shine like no other attacking players in the world can.

Like I said, Mbappé wants to be a kind of player he'll never be. He should look up to Henry, not Ronaldo.
Every great real madrid side ever is remembered as iconic. It's real madrid mate

Bolded: a lesser ambition, fit for players born to play for psg. Kylian was born for madrid, he should aim to be the best ever :D

(Jokes aside, he absolutely should aim to become the best ever. Looking up to Henry for a player of his talent and accomplishments is absolutely a lesser ambition. Cristiano didn't look like a potential goat before 2007, it's his ambition and mentality that made it possible)

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Even though I don't want it to happen, why wouldn't they use that money to get Haaland right now and wait a little longer for Mbappe in 6 months?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It has nothing to do with him hating PSG, it would be an ego trip. It would mean that he wants to shine on his own and doesn't want to be a member of a big 3 that might be remembered in 50 years when football scholars talk about Messi's last club in euope like they do with Pelé at Cosmos. And that would be really poor judgement on his end because Messi and Neymar can make him shine like no other attacking players in the world can.

Like I said, Mbappé wants to be a kind of player he'll never be. He should look up to Henry, not Ronaldo.
I know you are a PSG fan but Real is on a different level man. I don't think PSG can offer that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Even though I don't want it to happen, why wouldn't they use that money to get Haaland right now and wait a little longer for Mbappe in 6 months?
Because we want Mbappé. Haaland can be signed next year. And Dortmund are unlikely to sell even at that price at this stage of the window anyways

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Because we want Mbappé. Haaland can be signed next year. And Dortmund are unlikely to sell even at that price at this stage of the window anyways
160 million is well within what Dortmund are looking for. They said 140.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If the offer has finally been made then I think he will come and that this is all a show.
Maybe we will reach 200, I wonder if they will demand a player, like Mendy or Casemiro
If we get Mendy and sell Mbappe for 100m+, that is a great piece of business and wish Mbappe the best of luck at Madrid.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
When? Where? How long ago?
When the director said they wouldn't entertain an offer unless it was an absurd amount and the next day Haaland himself said he didn't know if he was worth 150 million in an interview.

Roughly 3-4 weeks ago.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Seems like we're still in the era of Real Madrid. What they want, they usually get. I wonder if there will ever be a time that English clubs will get players ahead of them.

lilcurt

Frustrating. The Spanish clubs are truly broke yet because their primary focus is on winning, Real find a way to push a deal though. We in the other hand, start along the path of making a statement but then pull back when we're a position or two from being relevent.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When the director said they wouldn't entertain an offer unless it was an absurd amount and the next day Haaland himself said he didn't know if he was worth 150 million in an interview.

Roughly 3-4 weeks ago.
So the director only mentioned an "absurd" amount of money. And what reports we were getting from chelsea's attempts mentioned figures upwards of €180M...2 months ago, with the whole window to replace him...

Eddy_JukeZ

Seems like we're still in the era of Real Madrid. What they want, they usually get. I wonder if there will ever be a time that English clubs will get players ahead of them.
Did you miss the Pogba transfer?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If we get Mendy and sell Mbappe for 100m+, that is a great piece of business and wish Mbappe the best of luck at Madrid.
It is an assumption, of an itk, absolutely nothing serious.These last weeks I swallowed every rumor. Looking at your left back it seems reasonable and I imagine that PSG will want to show strength.
I am prepared for a sacrifice and I would prefer that they don't touch Vini. If you paid 180, I think 180 would be a fair price

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
When an english club A) genuinely dominates the CL for a number of years AND B) pay crazy Messi/Cristiano/Neymar wages

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Every great real madrid side ever is remembered as iconic. It's real madrid mate

Bolded: a lesser ambition, fit for players born to play for psg. Kylian was born for madrid, he should aim to be the best ever :D

(Jokes aside, he absolutely should aim to become the best ever. Looking up to Henry for a player of his talent and accomplishments is absolutely a lesser ambition. Cristiano didn't look like a potential goat before 2007, it's his ambition and mentality that made it possible)
Seems that you don't know Mbappé well enough. He's very good at certain things, the best in the world when he has a tiny bit of space. But there's also a lot of things he can't do and I highly doubt he'll be able to improve those to ever reach a goat level. He can't shoot outside the box (his long shots are soft and inaccuracte), can't shoot free kick even if he asked to (this can be improved but he'll never have the nice powershot the best have), can't play as a pivot point when he doesn't face the goal, doesn't work hard defensively (in all fairness this can be improved by a good coach) and never scores more than 1 header a year,. He's limited, he's probably the best limited player in the history of the game. He should consider himself lucky if he ever manages to be better than peak Henry.

The problem is, he wants to be more than that, we've seen him several times trying to do what Neymar does (and fail).

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Neymar, at that time, was a FAR superior player. Neymar can (if fit) be the player that makes the magic happen, the player that can score, shoot free kicks, deliver perfect passes from both feet, dribble players in a telephone booth, be a real playmaker etc.

Mbappé wants to be that kind of player, but he'll never be.
I think Mbappe will end up with a better career and numbers than Neymar when is all said and done. He's really far ahead of the curve as it is and so far has been fortunate with his injuries. It's silly to put limits on a player that's already done this much and is still only 22. That being said, it would be dumb for him to leave. The only reason he would leave now is as a favor to PSG so they recoup some money. He could negotiate a far better wage as a free agent next summer while maximizing his chance this season for CL glory. If he wins that, he already has a pretty accomplished trophy cabinet.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think a reason Mbappe refuses to sign a new deal is because he's seen how Verrati ended up stuck at PSG and unable to ever make a move. That being said, he demanded a more competitive team to win the CL and PSG have delivered this summer in terms of signings. If he's ready to leave that for a team in transition, all of that was clearly all BS on his end. Still don't see Madrid stumping up 150m or so on a fellow in his final year though.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So the director only mentioned an "absurd" amount of money. And what reports we were getting from chelsea's attempts mentioned figures upwards of €180M...2 months ago, with the whole window to replace him...
I don't know about the 180. That was too much, even for Chelsea. The player himself mentioned the 150.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think Mbappe will end up with a better career and numbers than Neymar when is all said and done. He's really far ahead of the curve as it is and so far has been fortunate with his injuries. It's silly to put limits on a player that's already done this much and is still only 22. That being said, it would be dumb for him to leave. The only reason he would leave now is as a favor to PSG so they recoup some money. He could negotiate a far better wage as a free agent next summer while maximizing his chance this season for CL glory. If he wins that, he already has a pretty accomplished trophy cabinet.
He doesn't come across as the kind of person to do anything as a favor to PSG to be honest.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It is an assumption, of an itk, absolutely nothing serious.These last weeks I swallowed every rumor. Looking at your left back it seems reasonable and I imagine that PSG will want to show strength.
I am prepared for a sacrifice and I would prefer that they don't touch Vini. If you paid 180, I think 180 would be a fair price
At this stage, we should only entertain potential swaps if it's either forwards or they have a big impact on the fee. Logically speaking

Heart says give them whatever the feck they want, we're signing Mbappé!!!!! :D

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Better career and numbers yes, for sure. But he'll never be able to be the playmaker he wants to be, he'll never be as well rounded as neymar is.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
180m is a ridiculous price for last year of a contract, it's like a desperation move which I would be completely fine with. I actually want to see Mbappe play in a different league after 5-6 years. A big part of me wished he'd stay another season to see him with Messi and Neymar, but for PSG it would be much better to take this offer. It'll smooth out this whole FFP business.

Eddy_JukeZ

Seems that you don't know Mbappé well enough. He's very good at certain things, the best in the world when he has a tiny bit of space. But there's also a lot of things he can't do and I highly doubt he'll be able to improve those to ever reach a goat level. He can't shoot outside the box (his long shots are soft and inaccuracte), can't shoot free kick even if he asked to (this can be improved but he'll never have the nice powershot the best have), can't play as a pivot point when he doesn't face the goal, doesn't work hard defensively (in all fairness this can be improved by a good coach) and never scores more than 1 header a year,. He's limited, he's probably the best limited player in the history of the game. He should consider himself lucky if he ever manages to be better than peak Henry.

The problem is, he wants to be more than that, we've seen him several times trying to do what Neymar does (and fail).
I don't think Mbappe is better than Neymar and he has his flaws, but man are you underrating him :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know about the 180. That was too much, even for Chelsea. The player himself mentioned the 150.
Yes, because they do not want to sell him this summer. The player mentioned a random figure

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Neymar, at that time, was a FAR superior player. Neymar can (if fit) be the player that makes the magic happen, the player that can score, shoot free kicks, deliver perfect passes from both feet, dribble players in a telephone booth, be a real playmaker etc.

You are just throwing a tantrum because Mbappe doesn't want to be a member of a new shiny PSG which I find a bit hilarious tbh as I love to see other clubs (such as PSG) getting a feel of how it is to be on the receiving end. And especially now, that you got Messi.

The reasoning you gave in diminishing and having a go at him is bollocks and ironic at the same time because that same reasoning was thrown from many people (and every PSG fan) when they justified Neymar in leaving Barcelona.

Mbappe is the brightest talent in the world and has every right to pick his own route, the same way Neymar had that right. As I said, you are angry as it takes a lot of that shine out suddenly. If he wasn't so good, you wouldn't be half this pissed.

See, this is just childish.

#freembappe

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Better career and numbers yes, for sure. But he'll never be able to be the playmaker he wants to be, he'll never be as well rounded as neymar is.
Cristiano never was the playmaker neymar is. Ronaldo never was a playmaker, full stop

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Yes, because they do not want to sell him this summer. The player mentioned a random figure
I have a suspicion it could the agent commission on top of the fee that's getting in the way. They absolutely would sell at 160.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You are just throwing a tantrum because Mbappe doesn't want to be a member of a new shiny PSG which I find a bit hilarious tbh as I love to see other clubs (such as PSG) getting a feel of how it is to be on the receiving end. And especially now, that you got Messi.

The reasoning you gave in diminishing and having a go at him is bollocks and ironic at the same time because that same reasoning was thrown from many people (and every PSG fan) when they justified Neymar in leaving Barcelona.

Mbappe is the brightest talent in the world and has every right to pick his own route, the same way Neymar had that right. As I said, you are angry as it takes a lot of that shine out suddenly. If he wasn't so good, you wouldn't be half this pissed.

See, this is just childish.

#freembappe
I've watched and analyzed every PSG game for years in a podcast, and it always was my opinion about Mbappé. He's an amazing player and we'll have a very hard time replacing him (it's actually not possible) but I also know his flaws, what he can do and cannot do and what he wished he could do. As I said, Mbappé is the best limited player in the history of football, which means that he's VERY good. But he's not goat material and will never be.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
And suddenly signing Alaba while having the better LB in Mendy makes sense. :wenger:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Who cares?
He does and that's the problem. If he realises what he's very good at and plays to his strengths (also improving the rest of his game), he can be among the very best in the history of football, not top 5 but maybe top10 (and that's what he really wants). If he tries to be the player he's not, he'll have a good carreer, probably better than Neymar, but won't reach the heights he seeks.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And suddenly signing Alaba while having the better LB in Mendy makes sense. :wenger:
I love Mendy like a son, but he's not a better LB than Alaba. Not even close. Mendy is a left footed Wan Bissaka with more confidence

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I've watched and analyzed every PSG game for years in a podcast, and it always was my opinion about Mbappé. He's an amazing player and we'll have a very hard time replacing him (it's actually not possible) but I also know his flaws, what he can do and cannot do and what he wished he could do. As I said, Mbappé is the best limited player in the history of football, which means that he's VERY good. But he's not goat material and will never be.
Yet, he is excatly the kind of forward you need with Neymar and Messi (both more of a playmakers these days) in that team to make it work to full attacking potential, isn't he?

And I can't see any reason why Madrid couldn't build around him also.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If Mbappe can command this with one year on his contract, Haaland’s “free transfer” will be utterly ludicrous in terms of wages, signing on fees and agent fees.

Disappointing to see Real Madrid doing PSG’s work for them. Should be an easy sell unless he signs a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.