Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I'd rather spend 200million euros than take a dangerous step towards AC Milanization.

I'd rather not take risks and see Mbappe being tempted by a powerful PSG with unlimited sources of money the same season he plays alongside Messi and Neymar assisting him like crazy while he sees Madrid play the Europa League.

And last but not least, zero-cost Galacticos are not very marketable.
You can spend that money on Halaand next year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'd rather spend 200million euros than take a dangerous step towards AC Milanization.

I'd rather not take risks and see Mbappe being tempted by a powerful PSG with unlimited sources of money the same season he plays alongside Messi and Neymar assisting him like crazy while he sees Madrid play the Europa League.

That's the only thing that makes some sense from Madrid, the fear of not putting up a great season and changing the minds of the prospects they're after such as Haaland and Mbappe. This is why I can see them making one last-ditch offer for Mbappe in the final hours, but it will take a big increase for PSG to accept last minute at this point.

One thing is for sure, I have thoroughly enjoyed the clips in this thread of those Spanish shows. It feels as guilty of a watch as 90 day fiance.

diarm

Sky saying Madrid offered more than €220m.

He would need to win the Champions League on his own, playing 1 against 11 in every game for that not to be awful business.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
One thing is for sure, I have thoroughly enjoyed the clips in this thread of those Spanish shows. It feels as guilty of a watch as 90 day fiance.
Hahaha, 100% guilty pleasure for me.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
3 of the top players in the world moving in the same season, thats madness! Reports of an offer more than 220m Euros offered and stalled on, biggest transfer ever if they had agreed

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe has been created in the TMS (FIFA transfer system).
In this system there are only players transferred from one country to another (from one federation to another) .The French have never been in clubs not attached to the French federation

Spoony

The People's President
I just don't see a £200m player in Mbappe. I'm must be missing something glaringly obvious.

Last edited:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Mbappe has been created in the TMS (FIFA transfer system).
In this system there are only players transferred from one country to another (from one federation to another) .The French have never been in clubs not attached to the French federation
It's been like that for a few days now.

PSG are absolute morons to turn down that bid. He's going to sign a pre-contract in Jan.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Turning down that bid shows that Qatar FC isn't normal football club no matter how much there fans claim it is. It's basically Government owned enterprise of Qatar now. No football club in the world would have refuse that offer.

But you have to ask is he worth 200m? Real Madrid have gone crazy even offering that much.

The Firestarter

I dont get this, is FFP officially and completely dead now ? Otherwise , it would have mattered for PSG. Even if they do have limitless amount of cash.

sp_107

PSG are so fecking thick its unreal

its ego. they earn 200M for every hour back in Qatar on oil/investments so money is not really a point for them. Its more like giving 2 fingers to PSG
If they are sensible then they would have got that money to invest on future recruitment to meet FFP rules

but does FFP rules really applied to PSG anytime ?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Who is this guy? As far as I'm aware he has nothing to do with the running of the club.
Really? All this time I have been led to believe he was the Emir's cousin. You cannot trust anyone these days. Why does he have so many followers btw?

ROFLUTION

How can Real suddenly have 220m now and not even close to that amount when considering bidding for Pogba?

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Even if Qatar FC is full of endless money what about FFP? Would that 220 million Euros not help them sign Haland or Pogba? Maybe because the FFP is dead. Does not mean anything to PSG. They can just sponsor themselves.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
How can Real suddenly have 220m now and not even close to that amount when considering bidding for Pogba?
Mbappe will be the new flagship signing.

We sold Hakimi, Odegaard, Varane, Ramos, Brahim Diaz, Oscar and Reguillon the past two years. We have not bought anyone in 3 transferwindows except Camavinga.

passing-wind

Even if Qatar FC is full of endless money what about FFP? Would that 220 million Euros not help them sign Haland or Pogba? Maybe because the FFP is dead. Does not mean anything to PSG. They can just sponsor themselves.
The rumours throughout last season about FFP being relaxed due to COVID seems to be true. Clubs revenue massively hit they are most likely being very lenient as a result.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This happening then? What a signing to book end this mad window.

passing-wind

Mbappe has rejected from what we can observe numerous contract offers and knowing PSG they would have had very complimentary financial packages behind those negotiations.

The images of Mbappes childhood are online, his bedroom littered with Ronaldo and Madrid posters. I highly doubt playing with Messi and staying in France is going to irradiate what seems to be his personal dream. You can't really put a price on a genuine desire and ambition. Those childhood moments have likely drove him to be the player he is today. Madrid just have to be patient.

As I've stated previously PSG look absolutely ridiculous in this. They are losing an asset for free in almost 4 months, it's all but guaranteed.

ROFLUTION

Mbappe will be the new flagship signing.

We sold Hakimi, Odegaard, Varane, Ramos, Brahim Diaz, Oscar and Reguillon the past two years. We have not bought anyone in 3 transferwindows except Camavinga.
Fair enough. Next year seems a new galactico window if you get Mbappe for free, Pogba is available for free, then spend the rest on some superstar too.

gorky_utd

So madrid have 220m for french Walcott but they won't offer any transfer money to us for Pogba :mad: . I remember they offered something like 13m for DDG before the fax machine fiasco. Atleast we got Varane in a good deal.

Jaxa

1. It’s absolutely outrageous and shows how disgustingly rich PSG are that they can reject 200m euros for a player with 1 year on his contract, 1 year !! Surely this needs to be dealt with in football if PSG can turn this down with no qualms.

2. How the absolute feck have poor old broke Madrid managed to find 200m euros after listening to Flo cry us a river that because no super league = Spanish clubs have no monies

Football is so corrupt it’s unreal :lol:

Jericholyte2

PSG are surely screwing themselves with this.

Any young ‘generational talent’ would be crazy to sign for them, knowing they’ll essentially be trapped to the length of the contract, with the club rejecting outrageous money for them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So madrid have 220m for french Walcott but they won't offer any transfer money to us for Pogba :mad: . I remember they offered something like 13m for DDG before the fax machine fiasco. Atleast we got Varane in a good deal.
:lol: They are two different profiles, we could offer you the same that you paid for Varane, but if he comes for free, better

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG are surely screwing themselves with this.

Any young ‘generational talent’ would be crazy to sign for them, knowing they’ll essentially be trapped to the length of the contract, with the club rejecting outrageous money for them.
Why? A young 'generational talent' would be in the early days of his career, and be paid great money to play in a team guaranteed to compete in the CL as long as QSI is there to foot the bill (who knows what happens after a few years of the Qatar WC). As long as you're not signing a ridiculous Harry Kane contract, there's no issue. This won't stop anything, and the marker they're putting down from here on out could be decisive in actually increasing the chances of that happening.

Imagine that, honoring your contract. Whether they want to sell or not after that is their prerogative.

Jericholyte2

Why? A young 'generational talent' would be in the early days of his career, and be paid great money to play in a team guaranteed to compete in the CL as long as QSI is there to foot the bill (who knows what happens after a few years of the Qatar WC). As long as you're not signing a ridiculous Harry Kane contract, there's no issue. This won't stop anything, and the marker they're putting down from here on out could be decisive in actually increasing the chances of that happening.

Imagine that, honoring your contract. Whether they want to sell or not after that is their prerogative.
There’s the difference between honouring a contract, knowing that (in all normal circumstances), if another club is interested then they put in a reasonable bid, negotiate, and agree a sale. PSG have shown their hand now.

If you’re a 20yr old and sign a 5yr deal, you’re there for 5yrs no matter what. I appreciate the financial rewards for it, but if Player X wanted to progress their career by moving, they’d effectively be, to quote Ronaldo, ‘enslaved’ to the club.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Maybe they (correctly) don’t hold Pogba in the same high regard as Mbappe?
And the fax machine fiasco proved that they would have succeeded in signing DDG

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
1. It’s absolutely outrageous and shows how disgustingly rich PSG are that they can reject 200m euros for a player with 1 year on his contract, 1 year !! Surely this needs to be dealt with in football if PSG can turn this down with no qualms.
And yet, dormtund also rejected a huge PSG offer (around 180M) for Haaland because, and I quote "Dortmund isn't a bank". Considering they'll loose him for 70M next year, they gave up 110M to keep their player 1 more year. Are they disgusting as well? Psg turned down 165M max because they owe Monaco 35M.

Status
Not open for further replies.