Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
What sort of comment is this? It's about doing that with Mbappé's name on it. On top of that, PSG has a very active foundation for poor and sick childen.

What was recently reported though is the fact that PSG might offer a shorter contract than the previous one, which is actually smart since Mbappé doesn't seem to be interested in staying 5 more years. I'm still not very optimistic it'll work but who knows, maybe 1 or 2 extra years.
Aye the owners do a great job in qatar though in honoring human rights... get the feck out of here with the shit your owners give a flying feck about anybody but their own self interests.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not sure where Mbappe on a free transfer will rank in the list of Perez flexes, below stealing Figo but above selling Cristiano for a profit?
Think he might win them much more than the Figo transfer brought them. It is not as huge in terms of media, but Mbappe on a free at his age might be the best deal of all time (maybe after Ronaldo for 80 million pounds).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure where Mbappe on a free transfer will rank in the list of Perez flexes, below stealing Figo but above selling Cristiano for a profit?
Definitely below Figo, that one will never be topped. Would have been like SAF signing Gerrard in 2005

Cristiano, eh, there never was any real anymosity or anything with Manchester United(the opposite, in fact), and the deal was pretty much already done for a year, even before Flo's comeback. It definitely was a flex though. I'd say if Mbappé signs on January 1st, after the way Leonardo and PSG acted and reacted last summer would be a as much of a flex. If he gets Halaand too, then this would be a flex comparable to 2009, yeah

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Definitely below Figo, that one will never be topped. Would have been like SAF signing Gerrard in 2005

Cristiano, eh, there never was any real anymosity or anything with Manchester United(the opposite, in fact), and the deal was pretty much already done for a year, even before Flo's comeback. It definitely was a flex though. I'd say if Mbappé signs on January 1st, after the way Leonardo and PSG acted and reacted last summer would be a as much of a flex. If he gets Halaand too, then this would be a flex comparable to 2009, yeah
You are going to be so sad when Mbappé joins The Rang at United. :D

Pintu

According to Bild, he has an agreement with Real for 50M/ season.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
A transparent case of the desperation of the football marketplace to anoint a new Ronaldo/Messi level player to push the global brand/product forward as those two great players decline.

Overrated imo.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
A transparent case of the desperation of the football marketplace to anoint a new Ronaldo/Messi level player to push the global brand/product forward as those two great players decline.

Overrated imo.
They can't push him like that right now even if they want to.

Lewandowski is currently outperforming him massively. If he was from Brazil, France or England this wouldn't even be a conversation.

If Mbappe wants that status he'll have to dominate like Messi and Ronaldo did.

Marketing can only take him to a certain point in these conversations. Neymar had all the marketing power in the world and still never claimed the throne.

Reckon it'll go the 2000s way very soon. New "best player" title winners emerging. No monopoly I predict. Post Lewandowski's decline obviously. Reckon he has a few vintage years in him!

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

They can't push him like that right now even if they want to.

Lewandowski is currently outperforming him massively. If he was from Brazil, France or England this wouldn't even be a conversation.

If Mbappe wants that status he'll have to dominate like Messi and Ronaldo did.

Marketing can only take him to a certain point in these conversations. Neymar had all the marketing power in the world and still never claimed the throne.

Reckon it'll go the 2000s way very soon. New "best player" title winners emerging. No monopoly I predict. Post Lewandowski's decline obviously. Reckon he has a few vintage years in him!
I agree but the push for him as some sort of prodigy is boring and annoying.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Overrated imo.
Is there any other player on the market that offers that number of goals and assists? and that he is 23 years old and not 33 like Lewandowski, of course.
The numbers are exaggerated. I don't sincerely believe that Madrid will pay him 50, it will surely be 25 net + 60% image rights + commissions.
Expensive but we have also saved 200 million. It's a shame this is the case, but Cristiano and Messi have 300 million followers on Instagram, much more than any club, so it's reasonable to approach the squad by looking for a big name.

Tallis

I have a feeling that Real will pull the Ronaldo / Kala / Benzema type of summer transfer window this summer. Mbappe is first - Haaland will follow for similar wages. Then maybe Pogba.

JPRouve

Scout
Is there any other player on the market that offers that number of goals and assists? and that he is 23 years old and not 33 like Lewandowski, of course.
The numbers are exaggerated. I don't sincerely believe that Madrid will pay him 50, it will surely be 25 net + 60% image rights + commissions.
Expensive but we have also saved 200 million. It's a shame this is the case, but Cristiano and Messi have 300 million followers on Instagram, much more than any club, so it's reasonable to approach the squad by looking for a big name.
Beyond a big name. Outside of Haaland, there isn't anyone under 23 that is as good as Mbappé. On paper it's a massive signing and a potential game changer.

RoyH1

According to Bild, he has an agreement with Real for 50M/ season.

How reliable is Bild when it comes to football related content? Aren't they just the German version of The Sun?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How reliable is Bild when it comes to football related content? Aren't they just the German version of The Sun?
Yes and no. Yes, they are like The Sun , but they do have quite good sources in some clubs, but not in all. So I'm not sure how reliable they are for Real news.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I have a feeling that Real will pull the Ronaldo / Kala / Benzema type of summer transfer window this summer. Mbappe is first - Haaland will follow for similar wages. Then maybe Pogba.
Each of them will demand similar wages. I don't know how is it going to be feasible for them.

Halaand and Mbappe are the next 2 superstars (like Messi and Ronaldo). Pogba and Mbappe ? Sure but not all of them.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Beyond a big name. Outside of Haaland, there isn't anyone under 23 that is as good as Mbappé. On paper it's a massive signing and a potential game changer.
Plus Mbappe is better anyway.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Why is it boring or annoying? Since when only Messi/Ronaldo level is the considered as the only valuable standard?
I'm not saying that. The football market is desperate for another mega-brand cash cow player like Ronaldo and Messi, they want someone like this. The over marketing of this player as if he is the next "of that level" player is what is boring.

cyberman

But there’s plenty over 23 and 23 isn’t that young for a player anymore.
50m is madness quite frankly and if he is in any way underperforming he will be impossible to move on.

dinostar77

Not sure how Madrid will pay Mbappe and Haaland €50m a year each. Maybe that means Haaland might go elsewhere now?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

It's Ligue One. I know all the footballing hipsters will come and tell me it's a hyper competitive league and it's not easy but he plays for, by far, the most dominant team in a weak league. He is padding out his stats in that league. He would not get anywhere near the same numbers in the Prem imo.

cyberman

It's Ligue One. I know all the footballing hipsters will come and tell me it's a hyper competitive league and it's not easy but he plays for, by far, the most dominant team in a weak league. He is padding out his stats in that league. He would not get anywhere near the same numbers in the Prem imo.
Depay is a great example of this

DWelbz19

Yeah, yeah, Ligue 1 is shite. But Mbappe's CL record is 31 goals and 27 assists in 53 matches. That's a g/a every 69 minutes in the CL.

JPRouve

Scout
But there’s plenty over 23 and 23 isn’t that young for a player anymore.
50m is madness quite frankly and if he is in any way underperforming he will be impossible to move on.
Are those players available and for how much? Also plenty is stretching it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, we'll see. In any case, he's not going to play in the Premier. Hazard and Coutinho were very good there and in la liga both sucked, and surely there are many opposite cases.
La liga is not as physical as ligue 1.
He may be able to get big records. Obviously I hope there will be an evolution in his game and put a lot of pressure on him to improve.
His numbers in the Champions League are very good and in the French team he has also proven to be a top player

JPRouve

Scout
Is he also padding his stats in the Champions League?

JPRouve

Scout
Pepe as well.
Pepe had one good season statistically and he has never been rated anywhere near Mbappé. Depay was also not rated like Mbappé in Ligue 1. What you are doing here is basically comparing Salah with Ings or Lacazette.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Is he also padding his stats in the Champions League?
He didn't score in the group last season until the last game against Basaksehir. He then scored four versus the worse Barca side in decades and a couple versus Bayern. Then didn't score and was benched for the semi-final vs City.

The season before that 19/20, he scored three against Club Brugge (again) and one v Galatasaray and one v Madrid. Then scored v Atalanta in the knockouts Quarters.

This season, he has scored 2 vs Club Brugge in a dead rubber match. One v City and one v Leipzig.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Pepe had one good season statistically and he has never been rated anywhere near Mbappé. Depay was also not rated like Mbappé in Ligue 1. What you are doing here is basically comparing Salah with Ings or Lacazette.
No, just showcasing how weak the league is. Bang average players can look like £70m players to professional scouts and club recruitment teams in that league. Mbappe is boosted by being in that league.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't think Madrid are interested in Pogba, Haaland I don't think he will sign.
Mbappe, Tchouameni y Kounde , that might be more possible.

JPRouve

Scout
No, just showcasing how weak the league is. Bang average players can look like £70m players to professional scouts and club recruitment teams in that league. Mbappe is boosted by being in that league.
Or random players have good season? Which happens in literally every leagues.

DWelbz19

And I did my maths wrong, it's actually 13 goals and 3 assists in 21(?) matches.

When did it become hip to not rate Mbappe? I must have missed the memo.

Status
Not open for further replies.