Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
According to Bild, he has an agreement with Real for 50M/ season.

It quite frankly a very unsurprising and not very impressive "breaking news exclusive" . It's what everyone has known since the day the last summer transfer window closed. And the salary too sounds about what you'd expect them to throw at him.

Pintu

Oh right, so since he performed for Monaco in one season, the next four seasons he's scored.......6 in the knockouts? So half his goals are from five seasons ago?

Doesn't look so impressive now does it....
So the Monaco season doesn't count because? Why is that ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Oh right, so since he performed for Monaco in one season, the next four seasons he's scored.......6 in the knockouts? So half his goals are from five seasons ago?

Doesn't look so impressive now does it....
I don't know if that's impressive or not for you but for example Salah has scored 10 goals in the ko stages since 2015. You are not really supposed to score outrageous amount of goals in that stage of the competition.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, yeah, Ligue 1 is shite. But Mbappe's CL record is 31 goals and 27 assists in 53 matches. That's a g/a every 69 minutes in the CL.
Got me thinking, why is "everyone" ignoring the amount of assists he gets, the chance creation he takes part in?
Its all goals, goals, goals, all the time, his end-product is very good, when you combine goals and assists, even if he isn't quite the finisher Haaland or Lewandowski is.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
So the Monaco season doesn't count because? Why is that ?
Sounds strange but I am judging his time at PSG. He playeed well at Monaco, granted, but this is what got him his huge move to PSG.

So since PSG, how has he fared? Not great in my opinion. Secondly how has his PSG performances influenced his apparent next huge money move. I would look at his UCL record and it's abit "meh" and imo does not justify the massive investment Madrid will be putting his way.

JPRouve

Scout
Sounds strange but I am judging his time at PSG. He playeed well at Monaco, granted, but this is what got him his huge move to PSG.

So since PSG, how has he fared? Not great in my opinion. Secondly how has his PSG performances influenced his apparent next huge money move. I would look at his UCL record and it's abit "meh" and imo does not justify the massive investment Madrid will be putting his way.
Mbappé has been by far PSG's best player. He has been without a doubt great, your take is special to say the least.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Mbappé has been by far PSG's best player. He has been without a doubt great, your take is special to say the least.
Hey, and that's fine. He's not your best mate - I can have an alternative opinion. Doesn't mean I think he is sh!t. Just that I think he is overrated and his record isn't that good.

JPRouve

Scout
Hey, and that's fine. He's not your best mate - I can have an alternative opinion. Doesn't mean I think he is sh!t. Just that I think he is overrated and his record isn't that good.
You are the one who said that you were annoyed with other people opinions. You can have an alternative opinion but it's clearly not based on watching the player or having a clue about what his record represents.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You are the one who said that you were annoyed with other people opinions. You can have an alternative opinion but it's clearly not based on watching the player or having a clue about what his record represents.
No I didn't. I said the massive push for him to become this super branded megastar, face of football (in the ilk of Messi/Ronaldo) was annoying. That's my annoyance. The fact that it seems artificially induced around a player who I believe is not as good as he is made out to be.

But yeah, go off about "having no clue about his record".

Christ alive.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Nobody reputable is actually reporting anything on this, are they? Just red top bollocks.

Good, yes. Great, maybe. Best player in the world, as he is being touted? No chance.

We are desperate for another Ronaldo/Messi to come along and everybody wants it to be Mbappe but that's just not going to happen. It's going to be him and one or two others, returning to the level of what used to be considered a great player before those two started scoring 50 goals a season. The problem is he is being hyped, and priced, according to that other expectation.

JPRouve

Scout
Good, yes. Great, maybe. Best player in the world, as he is being touted? No chance.

We are desperate for another Ronaldo/Messi to come along and everybody wants it to be Mbappe but that's just not going to happen. It's going to be him and one or two others, returning to the level of what used to be considered a great player before those two started scoring 50 goals a season. The problem is he is being hyped, and priced, according to that other expectation.
I don't think anyone said that he was the best player in the world. Maybe I missed it though.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
No I didn't. I said the massive push for him to become this super branded megastar, face of football (in the ilk of Messi/Ronaldo) was annoying. That's my annoyance. The fact that it seems artificially induced around a player who I believe is not as good as he is made out to be.

Christ alive.
Naw that's just your bias talking. Mbappe is a once-in-a-lifetime attacking talent. Speed, agility, technique, finishing, etc. On top of that he is only 23 years old with a World Cup on his resume. This is a weird take.

Hammondo

Naw that's just your bias talking. Mbappe is a once-in-a-lifetime attacking talent. Speed, agility, technique, finishing, etc. On top of that he is only 23 years old with a World Cup on his resume. This is a weird take.
Not really, there are better players.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Bias? Because I feel the cynical marketing and hyping of him is misplaced? Love how people are coming to the rescue of a player who doesn't even play for the club with more passion than they defend their own clubs players.

World Cup on his resume? OK - so does Pogba. So does Dembele ffs.

Korwas

CL knockout goals comparison. Unless you compare Mbappe to certain extreme outliers (you know who) he looks very good already. Just because some recent players are making it look super easy to score in knockout stages doesn't mean we should hold that against a player that is preforming great.
PlayerGoals
Rooney14
Neymar13
Suarez13
Mbappe13
Henry12
Zlatan10
Aguero9
Van Persie8
Cavani6
Van Nistelrooy6
Luis Ronaldo5
Kane2
Aubameyang1

Canagel

And I did my maths wrong, it's actually 13 goals and 3 assists in 21(?) matches.

When did it become hip to not rate Mbappe? I must have missed the memo.
His disaster Euro might have something to do with it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You can't say nonsense like that and get offended people are going to call you out on it.

LARulz

If we had got him somehow nobody would be saying he is overrated or anything. Be too busy passed out in a coma after wanking ourselves silly

He is a world class player who literally any team would love to have and be in everybody's first 11. I literally cannot think of a team that wouldn't find a way to start him

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Imo he's better than Haaland.

He's the best young player in the world.

Currently amongst the top 5 players in the world.

I think some of his fans are pushing it a bit saying he's already the best in the world which he's definitely not. But he will be in the future. Needs to be more clinical infront of the goal.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Bias? Because I feel the cynical marketing and hyping of him is misplaced?
Yes. I mean we are talking about a player who is the best player on a world-class team at the age of 23, who has had great performances in important matches against Europe's elite for nearly 3 years. If it's not biased then it's simply a weird, uninformed take.

Love how people are coming to the rescue of a player who doesn't even play for the club with more passion than they defend their own clubs players.
You're all over the place. I'm not coming to his rescue I'm just pointing out your shite take was probably due to bias.

World Cup on his resume? OK - so does Pogba. So does Dembele ffs.
Don't be obtuse. He was an integral part of the WC victory and one of the best players in the tournament.

Tallis

I don't think Madrid are interested in Pogba, Haaland I don't think he will sign.
Mbappe, Tchouameni y Kounde , that might be more possible.
Agree that Pogba is unlikely. I do think there is a 50
Percent chance that they sign Haaland. Mbappe is 95 percent certain.

I think they will sign another 1-2 plates in MF or Defense.

RoyH1

Yes and no. Yes, they are like The Sun , but they do have quite good sources in some clubs, but not in all. So I'm not sure how reliable they are for Real news.
Yeah, that was exactly
I don't think Madrid are interested in Pogba, Haaland I don't think he will sign.
Mbappe, Tchouameni y Kounde , that might be more possible.
Those 3 would make a fantastic summer for any club.
I don’t think Sevilla would ever sell Kounde for a reasonable price

Theo88

Christ alive.
He could still become the face of football. He is 23. At that age how better was CR7 ? He might still peak in the age of 25-30 and if that is the case well who knows ? There are too many variables to consider and up to this point he well in line to be the next messi / CR7.

Him signing with Madrid kind of suggets Haaland signs for Barcelona. That would be an amazing rivalry to experience and hopefully both players will grow in line with their potential.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Yes. I mean we are talking about a player who is the best player on a world-class team at the age of 23, who has had great performances in important matches against Europe's elite for nearly 3 years. If it's not biased then it's simply a weird, uninformed take.

You're all over the place. I'm not coming to his rescue I'm just pointing out your shite take was probably due to bias.

Don't be obtuse. He was an integral part of the WC victory and one of the best players in the tournament.
Was he?

MrEleson

He could still become the face of football. He is 23. At that age how better was CR7 ? He might still peak in the age of 25-30 and if that is the case well who knows ? There are too many variables to consider and up to this point he well in line to be the next messi / CR7.
Both Messi and CR7 are better than him at the same age. It’s not really debatable.
But I get your overall point.

JPRouve

Scout
I think people are losing sight of what the likes of Haaland and Mbappé are, they are at this point of their careers better players than the likes of Salah, Lewandowski, Ribéry, Robben or even Benzema were at 23 years old. And the key point for a club is that they are not really gambles, you are not crossing your fingers and hoping that they reach that level, they are already there which is why they are hyped the way they are. Ronaldo and Messi aren't references, they are all time greats and the kind of player that you can't predict or expect.

Signing Mbappé as a free agent is an even bigger deal than signing Lewandowski as a free agent and I don't know if people remember but at the time his new wage and signing bonus were a big deal. Many thought that Bayern were crazy.

DarkXaero

Some truly bizarre agendas in this thread. Mbappe is a world class player and one of the most accomplished players ever by his age. And there's a strange level of bitterness about that from some people here.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He was. His performances in the World Cup made him a household name.

The teenage prodigy did not disappoint in his first world finals. The 19-year-old drew gasps of admiration from the watching world with his bursts of acceleration and searing pace. In putting two goals past Argentina he became the youngest scorer of a brace in a World Cup knockout match since Pele in 1958, while his strike in the Final sealed victory for Les Bleus.
https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/2018russia/news/157-awards-piece-2986294

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don’t think anybody should be shocked by €50m gross (gross, since Bild - a German outlet - is reporting).
He comes on a free and it is less than half of what Messi was on and probably (i don’t have numbers) less than what Ronaldo earned at Madrid.

dinostar77

Nothing will be officially confirmed until after both legs of the PSG v Real Madrid CL knockout games.

Status
Not open for further replies.