Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

We've been looking at this signing for far too long and if he doesn't sign now it would create a sense of disappointment surely never seen before.
I would definitely write him off as a matter of pride, whether he is the best young player in the world or not.
One thing to fight for a player and another to beg him to sign with you
This.

Real Madrid is a massive club, most players want to go there and play. Mbappe is no different but the way he is going about it seems a bit odd.

Its as if he is saying I am bigger than both, Madrid and PSG.

Real Madrid have always been straight forward with him, they want him. He has not shown the same willingness to Real Madrid.

I wonder what Madrid fans would feel if he stays at PSG then next season wants the move.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
My perfect transfer season would be:
Out: Hazard, Jovic, Odriozola, Diaz, Ceballos, Mayoral, Vallejo, Kroos, Isco, Bale, Marcelo
In: Rudiger (assuming its done), Soler, Nkunu, Gusto (Lyon)

I'm not sure I want a big-ego like Mbappe now. Doesn't seem to have a win-at-all-costs mentality that has helped us since Ronaldo left (2 Ligas in 4 years, potentially 1 CL). Seems to rely a lot on 'team-vibe' rather than fighting to win against the run-of-play.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It was the most persistent rumour. For all intent and purposes, the Real Madrid offer is financially more interesting if Mbappé can effectively monetize his image.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck with this drama. This is worse than Hazard. People don't care who you play for. Just move on !

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We've been looking at this signing for far too long and if he doesn't sign now it would create a sense of disappointment surely never seen before.
I would definitely write him off as a matter of pride, whether he is the best young player in the world or not.
One thing to fight for a player and another to beg him to sign with you
Exactly this. I can understand PSG doing it but Real ? Come on. For once, have some balls and tell him to commit by a date or move the feck on.

JPRouve

Scout
Feck with this drama. This is worse than Hazard. People don't care who you play for. Just move on !
He cares though and he cares about the terms. People are being weird about this, they claim that they don't care but want to know where he is going quickly.

Tavern in the town

Most of the rumours about how PSG are offering him the sun and the moon as part of his new contract seem to be coming from Spanish sources. Feels a bit like the Madrid media want to paint him as some sort of money grabber in case he turns them down, and if he signs for them it’s “look how amazing we are, he turned it down for us.”

prateik

Surely he cant be staying on... unless he is being paid an insane amount for a small extension and Madrid can sign him in a year or twos time for an agreed amount...

But even then.. what have they done to him to make him sign ?

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Cant stand this turtle, make a decision already fs. PSG is an absolute joke of a club.

Last edited:

BarstoolProphet

Most of the rumours about how PSG are offering him the sun and the moon as part of his new contract seem to be coming from Spanish sources. Feels a bit like the Madrid media want to paint him as some sort of money grabber in case he turns them down, and if he signs for them it’s “look how amazing we are, he turned it down for us.”
Yep. Smells a bit like face-saving just in case like most clubs do, including United. Considering his mom said the offers were quite similar, maybe RM offered him a stake in the new Bernabeu?

prateik

Cant stand this turtle, make a decision already fs. PSG is an absolute joke of a club.
Apparently negotiating the rights to his decision video.. Netflix are favorites to air it on Sunday.

BarstoolProphet

Atleast LeBron could guarentee to elevate you to a championship contender on his own, unlike football players.

JPRouve

Scout
Surely he cant be staying on... unless he is being paid an insane amount for a small extension and Madrid can sign him in a year or twos time for an agreed amount...

But even then.. what have they done to him to make him sign ?
It's his hometown club and he has mentioned in the past that he cares about using his image to elevate the Ligue 1 and he wants to win the CL with a french club. The actual question is what Real Madrid offers that half a dozen of other club doesn't?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Without Mbappe and with the recent deal with Legends,we will be paying over the odds for his supposed replacement.
Nah, no need honestly. Vini, Benzema and Rodrygo should be fine. Need backups and that's that

We can invest where we actually need to - RWB and midfield. Maybe another CB as well

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You might say, "well, are vibes good enough?", and the answer is "we have proven that you can reach a CL final on vibes."

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, no need honestly. Vini, Benzema and Rodrygo should be fine. Need backups and that's that

We can invest where we actually need to - RWB and midfield. Maybe another CB as well
I wouldn't mind a cheap, young striker to replace Jovic. What do you think of Foyth (yes, I know, Reece James...)?

NewYorkRed

Ffs, if this prick had made the decision to stay earlier maybe Madrid wouldve gotten Halaand.

Only hope is now they go all out for Salah.

ShinjiNinja26

Well you’re in luck! It just so happens we’re looking to get rid of a RB and CB. Wan Bissaka and Maguire would look quite good in white I think.

The Firestarter

This is highly amusing. Imagine what wonderfull dressing room atmosphere that'd cause at PSG next season.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
More seriously,
It's his hometown club and he has mentioned in the past that he cares about using his image to elevate the Ligue 1 and he wants to win the CL with a french club. The actual question is what Real Madrid offers that half a dozen of other club doesn't?
Real Madrid are the club that can most "guarantee" (to the extent that it is even possible) a competitive football project domestically and in Europe, in the medium and long-term, other than maybe Bayern Munich. This is because it is an extremely wealthy club, from the revenue it generates, its corporate structure, its long history (by far the best historical performance in Europe, especially in the last 30 years), the league it is in, etc.

PSG is a 'hometown club' and Mbappe may want to win the CL with a french club, but the only reason this discussion makes sense is because PSG has wealthy owners. There is no guarantee that this money will be around by the time Mbappe turns 30.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I actually do care abit. If he plays in France I'd probably never watch a full 90 mins game from him, except in some big CL game, or few games in major international tournament every other 2 year.

If he goes to Spain, I might be tempted to watch him played lot more.

JPRouve

Scout
More seriously,

Real Madrid are the club that can most "guarantee" (to the extent that it is even possible) a competitive football project domestically and in Europe, in the medium and long-term, other than maybe Bayern Munich. This is because it is an extremely wealthy club, from the revenue it generates, its corporate structure, its long history and credentials, etc.

PSG is a 'hometown club' and Mbappe may want to 'win the CL with a french club', but the only reason this discussion makes sense is because PSG has wealthy owners. There is no guarantee that this money will be around by the time Mbappe turns 30.
My point wasn't implying that Real Madrid has nothing to offer, they clearly do but it's not something limited to Madrid. Now we have an idea about what Mbappé cares about and PSG offer it, those things are for a large part linked to Mbappé himself and that's why the question should be asked around Real Madrid, they are the ones that need to convince him that they are worth ignoring some of his goals for goals that aren't unique to Real Madrid.

And the fact that PSG may not be in a position to give him what he wants when he is 30 is actually an argument in favor of remaining at PSG in the short term, not an argument to leave.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't mind a cheap, young striker to replace Jovic. What do you think of Foyth (yes, I know, Reece James...)?
Nah, we need somebody great in attack. Somebody like James or Alexander Arnold. A playmaker, not a defender

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
I can only imagine a few get out clauses in a PSG contract

RoyH1

You did but it doesnt actually mean anything if you lose the final. All things considered you have to accept that if you fumble this deal it is a gigantic L for your club.

Perez has been saving up money for years and has starved multiple managers of players because of project Mbappe. You also didn't push for Haaland because you had supposedly agreed with Mbappe but you didnt account for the possiblity that he could reject you leaving you without either of them. It's a matter of pride and ego too not just about one knockout game. For the image of Real Madrid it is a disaster.
They're champions of Spain and are in a CL final against Liverpool? I'd like for us to have those kinds of disasters too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My point wasn't implying that Real Madrid has nothing to offer, they clearly do but it's not something limited to Madrid. Now we have an idea about what Mbappé cares about and PSG offer it, those things are for a large part linked to Mbappé himself and that's why the question should be asked around Real Madrid, they are the ones that need to convince him that they are worth ignoring some of his goals for goals that aren't unique to Real Madrid.

And the fact that PSG may not be in a position to give him what he wants when he is 30 is actually an argument in favor of remaining at PSG in the short term, not an argument to leave.
The argument Real Madrid offers is, we're fecking Real Madrid. So, do you want to play for the greatest club in the world, the club with 13 CL, the club of Di Stefano, Puskas, Kopa, Gento, Raul, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Cristiano, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Kroos, etc...and become a legend at the most mythmaking club there is? Or do you want to chase your own myth somewhere else?

It's fine if he wants to try and make history at PSG. We should make it clear to him though that's it's now or never. Reject us now, that's it. We're not coming back for you mate. We've already proven we don't need you, in fact, we beat your team - twice - in CL

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You did but it doesnt actually mean anything if you lose the final. All things considered you have to accept that if you fumble this deal it is a gigantic L for your club.

Perez has been saving up money for years and has starved multiple managers of players because of project Mbappe. You also didn't push for Haaland because you had supposedly agreed with Mbappe but you didnt account for the possiblity that he could reject you leaving you without either of them. It's a matter of pride and ego too not just about one knockout game. For the image of Real Madrid it is a disaster.
Nah, it's a black eye for Florentino, for Madrid, not so much. Granted, this is coming on the heels of this season. If we had a poor season, it would have been different

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
If he wants to stay at PSG in the short-term and leave at some other time he's handled it in literally the worst way possible. He should have simply renewed after the summer when the transfer to RM didn't materialize.

JPRouve

Scout
The argument Real Madrid offers is, we're fecking Real Madrid. So, do you want to play for the greatest club in the world, the club with 13 CL, the club of Di Stefano, Puskas, Kopa, Gento, Raul, Redondo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Cristiano, Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Kroos, etc...and become a legend at the most mythmaking club there is? Or do you want to chase your own myth somewhere else?

It's fine if he wants to try and make history at PSG. We should make it clear to him though that's it's now or never. Reject us now, that's it. We're not coming back for you mate. We've already proven we don't need you, in fact, we beat your team - twice - in CL
Funnily enough your list adds questions more than anything. DI Stefano went to Madrid for money and he elevated Real Madrid's image, he paved his own way. Kopa who is one of the greatest player ever, is underrated and often ignored. Bale is really not a selling point and Ronaldo never won the CL. Real Madrid are arguably the greatest club and the most glamorous but if you look beyond that it's appeal can easily be reduced for other considerations.

JPRouve

Scout
If he wants to stay at PSG in the short-term and leave at some other time he's handled it in literally the worst way possible. He should have simply renewed after the summer when the transfer to RM didn't materialize.
I don't know what he wants to do and I don't know how it would be the worst way possible.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know what he wants to do and I don't know how it would be the worst way possible.
Allowing it to get this far will make it unlikely that anyone but the most baby-brained of fans will buy the idea that he's staying for anything other than money. It's been a year's worth of stories of PSG throwing increasingly deranged sums of money at him.

GoldanoGraham

This whole sorry saga is only about the Qatari family who own PSG and the World Cup not losing face over their star asset leaving…..

If Mbappe stays for the mountain of cash they are offering then I hope it all goes sour for him, wouldn’t be surprised if they get rid of PSG after the World Cup anyway.

This whole will he won’t he is like that numpty Greizemann the other year…..that all went Pete Tong for him as well - I think peoples like and credibility for Mbappe will be massively reduced after all this and I hope that everyone seems him for the mercenary that he is.

Not sure that RM fans will want him further down the line now…..if he does end up there eventually he will have to be immense to win them over….

Who advises these players these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.