Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

Take a sabbatical?
Keep playing for his current club? Nobody knows what is gonna happen to Madrid next season. They aren't playing, they are surviving. They need to rebuild. It could work or not. Next season they would need City to miss 173 goals again.

Cloud7

The dislike of PSG has really clouded the vision of a lot of our fans. Real Madrid are one of the most nauseating clubs in world football. I would be glad if they don’t get their main target.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Glad to know someone on this forum has more intel about the deal than Mbappé's mother.
Neither I have more intel than her nor my message implies that I do.

PSG has the means to dwarf any offer Real Madrid can make. Hence I think it is extremely naive to believe PSG is trying to convince a player who has waited until the end of his contract by just equalling the best offer Madrid can make.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For what it's worth, I'm watching LEquipeTV and their current debate is whether they are tired of this saga, the conversation ended with them arguing about why no one knows anything and what it could mean.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Instead of who?
The problem is more that Benz plays centrally, Vini on the left wing and Mbappe isn’t really working on the right wing. You cannot bench Vini. He was far too good.

RedStarUnited

Neither I have more intel than her nor my message implies that I do.

PSG has the means to dwarf any offer Real Madrid can make. Hence I think it is extremely naive to believe PSG is trying to convince a player who has waited until the end of his contract by just equalling the best offer Madrid can make.
'almost identical'

She apparently didn't say they are equal.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Instead of who?
The problem is more that Benz plays centrally, Vini on the left wing and Mbappe isn’t really working on the right wing. You cannot bench Vini. He was far too good.
Vinicius is still not on the same level as Mbappe. Mbappe gets in the Madrid front line ahead of anyone not named Benzema, it's not really rocket science, so Benzema, Mbappe and Vinicius is clearly the best front 3.

Bale, Hazard, Rodrygo, Diaz, Asensio, Valverde, Jovic, whoever of them is there next season will be decent back up but its not really a tough question over who Mbappe starts over.

If they have to, then stick Vinicius on the right, because Mbappe is the better forward to play in his best position.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Mbappé on the right does work pretty well but it seems he doesn't want to play there anymore. Vinicius on the other end is just bad on the right.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Surely Poch's days are numbered with player manager owner god Mbappe in control?
Should be easy enough to manage. Just need to make sure that when Mbappe isn't on the pitch, all the other players are asking "Where's Mbappe?".

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What a circus PSG has become. Resident PSG fans - you must surely hate a potential deal where you’re giving so much power and control to one player (or do you not mind)?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What a circus PSG has become. Resident PSG fans - you must surely hate a potential deal where you’re giving so much power and control to one player (or do you not mind)?
Nobody in his right mind would like that. But as I previously stated, it would be ridiculous to draw any conclusions from news posted today when yesterday, all the so called journalists were saying the deal was sealed with Real. Media HAVE to invent a story where PSG did something insane to convince Mbappé, otherwise it would reveal they're full of sh*t without any info and that their artcile for the past month were pure invention.

RaulitoElCrack

"Almost identical" I don't think so....

Nothing left for him in that farmers league, better chance to win cl with Real aswell.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Nobody in his right mind would like that. But as I previously stated, it would be ridiculous to draw any conclusions from news posted today when yesterday, all the so called journalists were saying the deal was sealed with Real. Media HAVE to invent a story where PSG did something insane to convince Mbappé, otherwise it would reveal they're full of sh*t without any info and that their artcile for the past month were pure invention.
Fair.

How do you feel about your club generally though? Do you think the soul of your club is slowly being eroded away? It seems each year there’s an added dimension which makes it seem that much more empty.

I remember when the Qataris first rolled in, it felt a different, more ‘real’ project then when you had the likes of Ibra, Matuidi, Maxwell etc there. These weren’t the cream of the crop type of players (maybe other than Ibra) but you felt they were still playing for the shirt.

I guess with this noise around Mbappe, Messi moping around the pitch, Neymar being unavailable etc, it just all seems a bit soulless.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Fair.

How do you feel about your club generally though? Do you think the soul of your club is slowly being eroded away? It seems each year there’s an added dimension which makes it seem that much more empty.

I remember when the Qataris first rolled in, it felt a different, more ‘real’ project then when you had the likes of Ibra, Matuidi, Maxwell etc there. These weren’t the cream of the crop type of players (maybe other than Ibra) but you felt they were still playing for the shirt.

I guess with this noise around Mbappe, Messi moping around the pitch, Neymar being unavailable etc, it just all seems a bit soulless.
It's not that black or white. You talk about Ibra for exemple, him and Thiago Silva didn't want to come to PSG in the first place, they were transfered because their club needed money and PSG offered it. We have a lot of players playing for the shirt, the only thing is, a lot of them suck (Gueye, Herrera, Danilo, Wijnaldum etc.).

I wouldn't say the club is more or less souless, but surely the fact that we bought big stars made the players a bit more distant. Obviously players like Neymar or Mbappé aren't as accessible as Luyindula or Hoarau. Some people pretend the club has becaume souless because in fact, the teams play poorly and some players are lazy. It's more about failure than it is about soul.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Who are the so called journalists you are thinking of?

Pedrerol, who is normally very well informed, said the day before yesterday he had a bad feeling about Mbappe's signing. He also stated that everything was agreed with the player in September but everything changed one month ago when Mbappe made those statements nobody at Madrid understood.

But forget journalists. The most revealing part has to come from Mbappé's mother. With all the financial muscle PSG have, she wants the world to believe offers from both clubs are "almost identical". Honestly, to whoever is so naive to trust that, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn they may be interested in.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mbappé on the right does work pretty well but it seems he doesn't want to play there anymore. Vinicius on the other end is just bad on the right.
Yes, i agree with you and should have probably phrased it better. Obviously Benz, Vini, Mbappe would be the front 3 at Real.
But, as you said, Vini is a lot worse on the right and Mbappe „doesn’t want to play there.“ so what do you do as a coach?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Who are the so called journalists you are thinking of?

Pedrerol, who is normally very well informed, said the day before yesterday he had a bad feeling about Mbappe's signing. He also stated that everything was agreed with the player in September but everything changed one month ago when Mbappe made those statements nobody at Madrid understood.

But forget journalists. The most revealing part has to come from Mbappé's mother. With all the financial muscle PSG have, she wants the world to believe offers from both clubs are "almost identical". Honestly, to whoever is so naive to trust that, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn they may be interested in.
You have a pretty big collection of journalists in the Madrid Zone posts above.

As for the offer, you litteraly have nothing to back that up and it's been routine for Real Madrid to pretend they spend less for players than they actually do. We've seen it with Hazard, with Vinicius, Real Madrid like Barcelona want to look like they barely have to pay the players because they all dream of playing for them and yet, they always endup with the biggest wage bills in the world bar City.

PSG's offer might be higher, but the rethoric spanish sources are trying to sell with 300, 400 or 500M in salary reeks of sore looser. One says it's the bonus, the other says they're pretty much handing him the club, other says it's the President who intervened, there's just nothing consistent.

BerryBerryShrew

Did the Quataris sort of drop the ball on his initial contract? Everybody knew when he was signing for PSG that there was a very real possibility that he would not re-sign there so why did they not make his contract 1 year longer (in return for a higher signing on bonus or something)? After all, they want Mbappé to be at PSG for the World Cup this year, but then after they probably wouldn't be as bothered about losing him. Seems like a stupid miscalculation on their part to begin with.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You have a pretty big collection of journalists in the Madrid Zone posts above.

As for the offer, you litteraly have nothing to back that up and it's been routine for Real Madrid to pretend they spend less for players than they actually do. We've seen it with Hazard, with Vinicius, Real Madrid like Barcelona want to look like they barely have to pay the players because they all dream of playing for them and yet, they always endup with the biggest wage bills in the world bar City.

PSG's offer might be higher, but the rethoric spanish sources are trying to sell with 300, 400 or 500M in salary reeks of sore looser. One says it's the bonus, the other says they're pretty much handing him the club, other says it's the President who intervened, there's just nothing consistent.
It was Di Marzio who said/confirmed about controlling the club, and many of the tweets in recent months about the net salary + commission have come from Le Parisien/RMC/Lequipe if I'm not mistaken.
And that doesn't take away from the fact that obviously the Spanish press will exaggerate if we lose him in the end, but in any case I guess the final offer will come out eventually.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Did the Quataris sort of drop the ball on his initial contract? Everybody knew when he was signing for PSG that there was a very real possibility that he would not re-sign there so why did they not make his contract 1 year longer (in return for a higher signing on bonus or something)? After all, they want Mbappé to be at PSG for the World Cup this year, but then after they probably wouldn't be as bothered about losing him. Seems like a stupid miscalculation on their part to begin with.
It's likely he didn't accept more than 4+1 years. I'm not even sure if it's possible in France to have 1+5 contracts considering 5 years is the maximum duration.

JPRouve

Scout
It was Di Marzio who said/confirmed about controlling the club, and many of the tweets in recent months about the net salary + commission have come from Le Parisien/RMC/Lequipe if I'm not mistaken.
And that doesn't take away from the fact that obviously the Spanish press will exaggerate if we lose him in the end, but in any case I guess the final offer will come out eventually.
RMC and Lequipe say that they don't know, same with France Football. Le Parisien are the ones that have been selling stories and they haven't been reliable in a while. Currently french reliable sources say that they know nothing.

BerryBerryShrew

It's likely he didn't accept more than 4+1 years. I'm not even sure if it's possible in France to have 1+5 contracts considering 5 years is the maximum duration.
Ah ok. Didn't realise that there was such a short timeframe in contracts in France. That makes sense.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
RMC and Lequipe say that they don't know, same with France Football. Le Parisien are the ones that have been selling stories and they haven't been reliable in a while. Currently french reliable sources say that they know nothing.
Nobody knows anything, what a mess, I hope it's over now, I'm like the meme of the guy with the swollen vein in his neck :lol:
I imagine a no from Mbappe and losing the Champions League.

JPRouve

Scout
Ah ok. Didn't realise that there was such a short timeframe in contracts in France. That makes sense.
It's not actually a short timeframe. According to FIFA statutes the maximum length of a contract is 5 years, so whenever you see longer contracts you need to take into account the fact that the 6th year is in murky territories.

JPRouve

Scout
Nobody knows anything, what a mess, I hope it's over now, I'm like the meme of the guy with the swollen vein in his neck :lol:
I imagine a no from Mbappe and losing the Champions League.
Earlier it was kind of funny, on their daily show Lequipe have reporters from L'Equipe, France Football, RMC and other media, they were discussing about how it is possible that Mbappé managed to keep his decision to himself, apparently there are no leaks, nothing that is confirmed by anyone other than the ones publishing articles basically none of the stories are confirmed whether you are talking about rumours in favor of Real or PSG.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It's not actually a short timeframe. According to FIFA statutes the maximum length of a contract is 5 years, so whenever you see longer contracts you need to take into account the fact that the 6th year is in murky territories.
It could also be a very bad idea, I'm pretty sure Atletico regret signing Saul Niguez for 9 years....

Status
Not open for further replies.