Kylian Mbappe wants to leave PSG for Real Madrid (Again) | Feels "betrayed", relationship with PSG "completely broken"

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If they've told him "please sign the contract, we'll sign a 9 and play you out wide" and then he's signed the contract but they've not even tried to do it, he's kinda justified in being a little annoyed, isn't he?
He was also offered 100m sign on fee, a MASSIVE pay-rise to 1m a week and a promise to one day become king of Qatar. If I was him, I would be OK playing left wing for a bit and pocketing my enormous weekly paycheck!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He was also offered 100m sign on fee, a MASSIVE pay-rise to 1m a week and a promise to one day become king of Qatar. If I was him, I would be OK playing left wing for a bit and pocketing my enormous weekly paycheck!
The issue i suspect why he is unsettled is he didn't get any spotlight or attention in the world stage this season. He is not the best or even the 2nd best player in PSG, and Haaland got all the attention with his goals while playing in the most followed league. In the end it is his decision not leaving for Madrid and stayed with PSG last summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
ok my mistake then. It is weird that Scamacca will pick West Ham over PSG, or PSG can't agree a deal with Sassuolo.
He didn't. PSG have been trying to reduce their expenses in terms of wage bills and transfer fees, they didn't agree with Sassuolo's fees and moved to Ekitike.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He didn't. PSG have been trying to reduce their expenses in terms of wage bills and transfer fees, they didn't agree with Sassuolo's fees and moved to Ekitike.
Ekitike is another weird one who rejected the big project in Newcastle and chose the bench of PSG.

The Purley King

Don't want this guy anywhere near us.
Finally we are looking to build a functioning dressing room and the last thing we need is him ruining the wage structure and acting like a twat if he's not allowed to tell ETH what to do.

the_cliff

Don't see Liverpool going for him.

In fact I think Mbappe thinks he's going to have choices when in reality he'll have no other option but to stay. He should've gone to Madrid when he had the chance. No way are Madrid/Liverpool/United going to pay PSG what they want AND Mbappe what he wants.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As others have said, it is kind of understandable that he's pissed off if the club promised him x, y and z - and then failed to deliver.

It's just that the whole thing is so ridiculous to begin with that it's hard to sympathize: yeah, sign here and we'll make you the first player/DOF in history, plus give you an insane salary, plus get rid of that pesky Neymar (so that he won't outshine you), plus replace the Eiffel tower with a statue of you pissing on the world (in the style of Manneken Pis), etc.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
Apparently he was promised he won't play as a lone striker and he'd have a support striker alongside him to allow him to thrive and score more goals...
Good luck to club president Mbappe in his search for a club that can pay his wages, transfer fee and plays with a system with two strikers.

Real Madrid and Manchester City usually play with one striker and what other club, except for PSG, could pay his insane wages?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They could sell one of klopps pearly whites to the NASA space program
True.

Not to mention the legendary "boot room" at Anfield, which is filled with boots stolen from the oppo team going back to Shanks' time. These days, retro Adidas footwear will make you a pretty penny on eBay.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Good luck to club president Mbappe in his search for a club that can pay his wages, transfer fee and plays with a system with two strikers.

Real Madrid and Manchester City usually play with one striker and what other club, except for PSG, could pay his insane wages?
If Man United get Ronaldo, Maguire and De Gea off the wage bill then they could.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Free role but the main man in an attack. Same thing really.
Yeah people are making way too much of this part. He basically would like the option of roaming/dropping deep or out wide if need be, but Neymar and Messi both are ball hunters that already drop deep (Messi is basically an attacking mid at this point), so Mbappe is forced to stay as far forward as possible majority of the time and just play as a pure finisher.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
If they've told him "please sign the contract, we'll sign a 9 and play you out wide" and then he's signed the contract but they've not even tried to do it, he's kinda justified in being a little annoyed, isn't he?
Exactly. If they made promises and didn't fulfil them, he has every right to be aggrieved. I'm not sure I would go about it the way he has though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I see, no his agent was pushing for it and he fired him after allegedly telling him several times to stop, he eventually hired Raiola and extended.
Verratti wanted to leave, made a push for it but his previous agent was a moron who left him with no leverage, so when PSG said no, he sacked him and got Raiola who promptly got him a raise from PSG

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They did try to sign a CF. West Ham beat them to Scamacca :angel:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah people are making way too much of this part. He basically would like the option of roaming/dropping deep or out wide if need be, but Neymar and Messi both are ball hunters that already drop deep (Messi is basically an attacking mid at this point), so Mbappe is forced to stay as far forward as possible majority of the time and just play as a pure finisher.
That really depends on the tactics the coach and the player Man Utd needs. From what Mbappe described he wants to play as a wide forward with the freedom to roam, so a Hazard role in chelsea? Both Hazard and Mbappe play well with Giroud as Target man. To me that is not a striker.

In PSG he has no chance to play that role because both Neymar and Messi are way better than him in play making.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That really depends on the tactics the coach and the player Man Utd needs. From what Mbappe described he wants to play as a wide forward with the freedom to roam, so a Hazard role in chelsea?
More like Cristiano at Real Madrid

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The issue i suspect why he is unsettled is he didn't get any spotlight or attention in the world stage this season. He is not the best or even the 2nd best player in PSG, and Haaland got all the attention with his goals while playing in the most followed league. In the end it is his decision not leaving for Madrid and stayed with PSG last summer.
But that would be asking a narcissistic athlete, coddled throughout his whole life and surrounded by yes people, to be held accountable to self. It's obviously someone else's problem and he should be appeased at all times.

Chief123

He should come Utd. He can play left wing and will form a quality partnership playing off Martial up front.

I’m not sure at the resistance from some because he comes across as a cnut. Some of our best players historically have been cnuts. But at least they’ve been our cnuts.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He should come Utd. He can play left wing and will form a quality partnership playing off Martial up front.

I’m not sure at the resistance from some because he comes across as a cnut. Some of our best players historically have been cnuts. But at least they’ve been our cnuts.
Nothing wrong about being a cnut as long as you're a professional or are at least wholly committed to the club and in that regard there are question marks hovering up above his.

As some others have said an acquisition like this in sir Alex's time would have been wonderful but in our current state I'm not sure, might be better to look elsewhere.

ariveded

Kudos to Mbappe. Mr consistent. He has shown it again, irrespective of money or power, he will always be a diva.

Valencia Shin Crosses

That really depends on the tactics the coach and the player Man Utd needs. From what Mbappe described he wants to play as a wide forward with the freedom to roam, so a Hazard role in chelsea? Both Hazard and Mbappe play well with Giroud as Target man. To me that is not a striker.

In PSG he has no chance to play that role because both Neymar and Messi are way better than him in play making.
Yeah it's all dependent on how teams play. Mbappe wouldn't have issue playing through the middle if he had runners on either side of him and more creative midfielders behind, but at PSG he doesn't and is left to do much more of that spearheading the attack through the middle.

ti vu

Ekitike is another weird one who rejected the big project in Newcastle and chose the bench of PSG.
I don't see anything weird with Ekitike choice. Newcastle may be a bigger project one day, but winning PL, and CL is a long way. PSG project is way ahead in progress and a big ambitious project itself ( winning CL). PSG is not a bad choice for young talented player who having already broken through at their previous clubs. Playing in CL while winning French domestic titles would be better than fighting for just few position higher in PL for Ekitike at this stage of his career. As a Frenchman playing for PSG may be less risky move, since Newcastle may get more ruthless when they progress up the table. There is no guarantee more gametime and patience for Ekitike at Newcastle either.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
He will definitely take a pay cut, if he truly wants to have more attention and media coverage (which means playing for a big club which PSG still is, but artificially) then United would be a good team for him. He'll get his vanity metrics to the max, wanting to prove himself to the football world and being pissed as Haaland being talked about as THE young player now... he'll get his all chances here.

I think that him wanting to leave shows that his ambition is higher than wanting the highest wage. That is good. He is greedy, but he is hungry for trophies and especially individual trophies too. Being a Ligue 1 top scorer is irrelevant award or a PSG player of the year is random thing. Nobody cares about that.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly. If they made promises and didn't fulfil them, he has every right to be aggrieved. I'm not sure I would go about it the way he has though.
It is.

It's just funny because of the PR tour he went on after renewing, where he was saying he had to stay because he's French and Parisian and the country cares about him.

Someone

Something

It's not that he's a cnut, He's a cnut living in a world where he demands to have a say on football matters, and no top club outside PSG would allow that, that's without factoring the money it'd take to finance that deal.

PSG have a made a terrible mistake keeping him, their pride got the better of them, and in the process they made him think he's more important than the club. I wouldn't go after him at all even if it's doable.

ariveded

EPL is the harsh league with lots of press freedom, questions, and criticism. Mbappe isn't going to thrive in such a "hostile" environment.

JPRouve

Scout
EPL is the harsh league with lots of press freedom, questions, and criticism. Mbappe isn't going to thrive in such a "hostile" environment.
What do you think happens in France?

JPRouve

Scout
Croissants and nude beaches?
:lol:

No but seriously. British journos aren't special, nor are the fans. Mbappé and pretty much every other player is the subject of fair and unfair criticisms, rants and general scrutiny.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't see anything weird with Ekitike choice. Newcastle may be a bigger project one day, but winning PL, and CL is a long way. PSG project is way ahead in progress and a big ambitious project itself ( winning CL). PSG is not a bad choice for young talented player who having already broken through at their previous clubs. Playing in CL while winning French domestic titles would be better than fighting for just few position higher in PL for Ekitike at this stage of his career. As a Frenchman playing for PSG may be less risky move, since Newcastle may get more ruthless when they progress up the table. There is no guarantee more gametime and patience for Ekitike at Newcastle either.
It is his career in the end. I would have thought with Haaland, Sancho and Bellingham setting the example young players will go for game time for development, and also learn the mistake Odegaard made. I would also assume if Ekitike joins Newcastle he will be have the same game time as Isak right now.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403784/Show/Hugo-Ekitike
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/299254/Show/Alexander-Isak

141 min so far and most are coming from bench is not good for his development imo.

JPRouve

Scout
It is his career in the end. I would have thought with Haaland, Sancho and Bellingham setting the example young players will go for game time for development, and also learn the mistake Odegaard made. I would also assume if Ekitike joins Newcastle he will be have the same game time as Isak right now.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403784/Show/Hugo-Ekitike
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/299254/Show/Alexander-Isak

141 min so far and most are coming from bench is not good for his development imo.
Ekitiké and Isak aren't at the same stage of their careers or development. I highly doubt that he would start or have more game time for Newcastle.