Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

itedakimasu

Supports
Chicago Fire
I think people lose sight of things at a certain point. Mbappé is, quite simply, one of the best players in the world. I’m a big fan of his, so take my assessment with a grain of salt, but I see no issues with his attitude. I’d look at how he’s been treated and spoken of by PSG over the years before making that call.

That said, not sure how we can beat out Madrid for his signature. Even if he wanted to come, I can only imagine the issues regarding wages, signing bonuses, agent fees, etc. Haven’t checked the final total for Haaland, but I remember those hidden fees being exorbitant.

Either way, I’d take Mbappé in a heartbeat. Some players you just can’t pass up.

Reactions: Penna

worldinmotion66

The only difference in Kane and Mbappe is Mbappe announced he isn't extending, and his owner is an idiot who loves attention. Kane didn't say anything, while his club owner refuses to let him leave.

He stayed because of developing the french league and wanting to win the CL with PSG. He'd get a massive contract and bonus anywhere.

I love Rashford. If we have the chance to actually get Mbappe (we don't), we'd be dumb not to get him. They can play together. Mbappe is the best player in the world for me, and actually I've seen nothing but a professional player who is focused on being the best player he can be while also trying to develop the french league, putting that above his own career aspirations of winning the ballon D'Or or the CL. Have nothing but respect for that.
That’s fair, each to their own. I see it differently but he’s an extreme talent for sure and one of the best in the world. I don’t think playing both would get the best out of both players though. Doesn’t even matter because it’s not happening anyway! :lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
As the Madrid fan, you'll know better but wouldn't Camavinga be the 'DM?' I had heard rumours of you wanting Davies from Bayern, meaning Camavinga would no longer be at left back.
Camavinga has played in various positions in the midfield; I think the club sees him more box-to-box and less DM.

But if you take him as DM, then in two seasons you go from Casemiro/Camavinga to Camavinga/Tchouameni to just Camavinga, who's still only 20 years old. Very risky.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I've just seen PSG have told Mbappe they'll be forced to sell some of his team mates if he goes on a free? :lol:

RegenD

Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, anyone thinking Man Utd is an option is delusional. You keep talking about “throwing money at him”… with that mentality Man Utd will never be back to the top. That’s what got us where we are in the first place. Build a project and go from there.

MegadrivePerson

I think people lose sight of things at a certain point. Mbappé is, quite simply, one of the best players in the world. I’m a big fan of his, so take my assessment with a grain of salt, but I see no issues with his attitude. I’d look at how he’s been treated and spoken of by PSG over the years before making that call.

That said, not sure how we can beat out Madrid for his signature. Even if he wanted to come, I can only imagine the issues regarding wages, signing bonuses, agent fees, etc. Haven’t checked the final total for Haaland, but I remember those hidden fees being exorbitant.

Either way, I’d take Mbappé in a heartbeat. Some players you just can’t pass up.
He is one of the best players in he world, but I still can't see how you can justify paying him over £1 million a week, and then the consequences of that meaning the likes of Rashford will want 800k a week and so on.

I do think that he has an attitude problem too. Demanding to be paid for a season of football you haven’t played yet for what will be your old club, on top of the pay you’ll be getting for that season from your new club, is pretty entitled behaviour.

It's a moot point anyway as the fact that Mount has been given the number seven shirt means that there's no serious plan to bring him here any time soon.

Frankinho 23

The sheiks are angry because they are always used to get their way with all their money and power. Now they're crying foul when they're not getting their way and they are powerless and it hurts them so much hahaha
I hope he leaves for free next year to RM

dinostar77

Honestly, anyone thinking Man Utd is an option is delusional. You keep talking about “throwing money at him”… with that mentality Man Utd will never be back to the top. That’s what got us where we are in the first place. Build a project and go from there.
Agreed. Theres about a 0% chance he would go to Utd. Entire football world knows its Madrid. If the tweet is right and madrid are willing to sacrifice one of valverede or tchoumeni to make mbappe happen this summer then thats crazy. Wait till next summer and madrid get him for free.

Womp

idiot
His preference is probably Madrid, but I don't buy the idea that he's head over heels for signing with them. He had an option to a few years ago and decided to stay at PSG a few years longer. Yes the money offered and what not was ridiculous, but that's my point, I don't think Madrid will be his only thought if other clubs have other things to offer.

RedStarUnited

Erm remind me the last time we bought a Balon Dor level player? Like a player who can actually win it in his first season not a prodigy.

If Mbappe is available, move heaven and earth to try get him. The Madrid brand that we know and love today is built on Florentino Perez wanting to sign the best players in the world. Madrid had Ronaldo etc in 2013 and yet Perez still pushed the boat out to sign Bale.

Gandalf

Effectively insisted on having veto power over coaching and team selection, sulked when Neymar was outscoring him and put in zero effort to track back when dispossessed on multiple occasions. If you sign Mbappe he is your team and everything has to be done his way, we just escaped from being in that situation with CR7 so why on earth would we willingly go back to sacrificing team cohesion for the sake of one mans ego?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I understand what you’re saying, the club are at fault too and they’ve created this in many ways. He has every right to see out his contract. But look at the difference in the decorum of Kane for example. He doesn’t need to run to the media , he’s shown nothing but respect to his club and their fans.

Arrogance can be defined as a sense of one's own importance that shows itself in a proud and insulting way. When part of your contract includes influence over club decisions around managers and players, I think it’s more than fair to call it arrogance. He’s not stayed for any reason other than money, you know that as well as I do.

I’m not against people in the entertainment industries earning loads of money, they’ve earned that right. But when it destroys the balance of competitiveness and distorts the game, I think it’s fair to argue against it. I guess that’s more the responsibility of the law makers and jurisdictions that control the sport though.

I wouldn’t want him at our club because it finally feels like we’re developing a team that’s a cohesive unit working for each other, rather than a group of individual talents that are more concerned about self preservation and individual legacy I also happen to like rashford as a player and a man, and I don’t think there’s room for both at the club because of the similarities in their playing position and style

pogbasformerbarber

100%. Anyone that would argue for not signing Mbappe...for any reason...is not a serious person. He's one of two or three players in world you get no matter what the price or circumstance if you have the chance...

Alemar

100%. Anyone that would argue for not signing Mbappe...for any reason...is not a serious person. He's one of two or three players in world you get no matter what the price or circumstance if you have the chance...
Well, players who score hat tricks in the WC Final are very rare and difficult to find…

Dempsey19

If Qatar take over then I'd expect them to try their best to get him. But with FFP and all that bollocks I dunno how they would manage it.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
We interrupt this broadcast…

A madridista itk has been saying for some time that there will be a painful exit.
I would be very annoyed to lose Valverde. I think he still has a lot to offer, even in other positions, and seems like a good captain candidate for the future.
If that's the case I'd prefer Tchouameni.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
A madridista itk has been saying for some time that there will be a painful exit.
I would be very annoyed to lose Valverde. I think he still has a lot to offer, even in other positions, and seems like a good captain candidate for the future.
If that's the case I'd prefer Tchouameni.
Selling Tchouameni would be dumb, how about he actually gets a run of games upcoming season instead of just giving up on him already?

I would rather keep Tchouameni than get Mbappe, if i had to pick.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Effectively insisted on having veto power over coaching and team selection, sulked when Neymar was outscoring him and put in zero effort to track back when dispossessed on multiple occasions. If you sign Mbappe he is your team and everything has to be done his way, we just escaped from being in that situation with CR7 so why on earth would we willingly go back to sacrificing team cohesion for the sake of one mans ego?
So we are in the business of making things up?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Selling Tchouameni would be dumb, how about he actually gets a run of games upcoming season instead of just giving up on him already?

I would rather keep Tchouameni than get Mbappe, if i had to pick.
Personally, I'm not as excited about Mbappe as I was in the past but it seems that his name will continue to be present, and I can't imagine Rodrygo as a striker (although he might do a great job) and I don't see other options on the market either.
It doesn't make much sense for him to leave after a year but I can't think of any other names other than him or Fede.

Canuckred64

PSG threatening to sell him to the highest bidder if he won't resign. I guess he can't refuse to go to whomever PSG sells him to, but can't he refuse to sign a new contract with whoever PSG sells him to and still leave on a free next year?

cpresc

There's something not right about all this - it makes no sense for Mbappe to come out and say that he won't extend his contract, as that massively reduces his bargaining power to the next club, who else is gonna pay $800k per week if they don't need to compete with PSG?

I think something's already been agreed, presumably with Real

MrFishers

PSG threatening to sell him to the highest bidder if he won't resign. I guess he can't refuse to go to whomever PSG sells him to, but can't he refuse to sign a new contract with whoever PSG sells him to and still leave on a free next year?
Yes as it's not slavery. At the end of the day he has to sign on the dotted line for a move to happen.

Someone

Something
There's something not right about all this - it makes no sense for Mbappe to come out and say that he won't extend his contract, as that massively reduces his bargaining power to the next club, who else is gonna pay $800k per week if they don't need to compete with PSG?

They gave him a massive contract that he won't get anywhere else. If he gets his money and next year goes on a free, he'll end up with another astronomical contract. If he agrees to leave this summer he misses out on his remaining money, and since he'd cost a fortune Madrid won't offer what they could offer him on a free. Makes sense from his perspective, and PSG brought on themselves.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Nothing has been agreed, he is just waiting it out to see who will give him the biggest contract offer next year, and despite their threats to him now, PSG will definitely offer him a massive contract offer and they will like it.

Yakuza_devils

Even if we have the money to sign Mbappe (150M fees and 1M p/w wages), DON'T.

With that money we can spend on improving our squad. We still have many holes to cover.

Man Utd is still in rebuild. With that money we can sign 2 very good players.

MUFC OK

One of the top 3 or 4 players in the world. Why would anyone not have him? He won’t come to United but if he did he’d be doing more than just collecting a pay cheque.