Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

TheRedHearted

That’s fair, each to their own. I see it differently but he’s an extreme talent for sure and one of the best in the world. I don’t think playing both would get the best out of both players though. Doesn’t even matter because it’s not happening anyway! :lol:
It really would becuase those two can play wide but drift in. Or mbappe can occupy the center and scare the shit out of the defense l. Imagine the danger of having them two as options on an attack.. it would be lethal.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Honestly, anyone thinking Man Utd is an option is delusional. You keep talking about “throwing money at him”… with that mentality Man Utd will never be back to the top. That’s what got us where we are in the first place. Build a project and go from there.
Works just fine for Real Madrid.

I would argue that United's issue is not throwing money as such but throwing money at non-top players. Apart from Pogba (who flopped, but still) and Casemiro (who has done well, but is sadly a second-hand signing), there are no signings made by United over the last 10 years who were considered world class at the time of joining(and for anyone saying United create stars, not buy them, this is not the 90s or mid 2000s anymore. No class of 92 coming through and no Vidic or Evra available on a cheap). One could say Sanchez, but he was already on a decline when signing, which later turned out to have been a permanent thing. Similar to the Torres at Chelsea situation.

antk

PSG threatening to sell him to the highest bidder if he won't resign. I guess he can't refuse to go to whomever PSG sells him to, but can't he refuse to sign a new contract with whoever PSG sells him to and still leave on a free next year?
This isn't basketball - you don't trade players in football. Transfers are :
- Player / Club 1 accepting to end their contract at both following conditions...
- Club 2 paying Club 1 a fee
- Player signing a new contract with Club 2, entirely unrelated to his now void one with Club 1

All parties have to consent to this. Maybe this is different in the MLS though? Don't know if they're under the FIFA umbrella.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
What a raging TWAT this guy is. Reckon he’s not worth the trouble and money for any club with a coach who wants to build a proper team. How long would it be before he starts acting the cnut?

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Ramon_Alvarez is not trustworthy, like all the people who are talking about how Mbappe to Madrid is imminent and so.

RedStarUnited

What a raging TWAT this guy is. Reckon he’s not worth the trouble and money for any club with a coach who wants to build a proper team. How long would it be before he starts acting the cnut?
Weird that he is being called a cnut cos he communicated that he won't renew his contract, giving PSG the option to sell him now if they wanted to. He should have pretended he was going to stay shouldn't he..

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’ve got a sneaking suspicion he’ll end up at United for the interim period and leave for Real a couple of seasons after

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I just hope city don’t sign him. That would be the final nail in the coffin for this generation after them getting Haaland too. Scary.

I don’t think I’d like him at Utd unless he was going to play centrally but I’m not even sure that works. He would 100% be making noises about Madrid in 2.5 years too.

cpresc

I just hope city don’t sign him. That would be the final nail in the coffin for this generation after them getting Haaland too. Scary.

I don’t think I’d like him at Utd unless he was going to play centrally but I’m not even sure that works. He would 100% be making noises about Madrid in 2.5 years too.
I think they might have the space too…. Mbappe for Grealish and then Grealish moving inside to replace Gundogan…. Christ..

evil_geko

Weird that he is being called a cnut cos he communicated that he won't renew his contract, giving PSG the option to sell him now if they wanted to. He should have pretended he was going to stay shouldn't he..
Nah, he is just a spoiled cnut in general.

Lee565

I don't think mbappe would be signed under pep purely because of his work rate, pep expects everyone to work their ass of and don't think mbappe will that

JuriM

I don't think mbappe would be signed under pep purely because of his work rate, pep expects everyone to work their ass of and don't think mbappe will that
Mbappe 2-3 years ago was a workhorse, from his Monaco days and first years in PSG he was the best "defending forward".

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mbappe 2-3 years ago was a workhorse, from his Monaco days and first years in PSG he was the best "defending forward".
Are you mocking one of the Pep customary BS remarks?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Honestly, anyone thinking Man Utd is an option is delusional. You keep talking about “throwing money at him”… with that mentality Man Utd will never be back to the top. That’s what got us where we are in the first place. Build a project and go from there.
Who is us considering you support Real Madrid?

RuudTom83

One of the best qualities Haaland has is how big of a team player he is...never showing any bad energy on the pitch or towards his teammates.

Mbappe on the other hand just comes across as an egotistical prick.

IMO

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, it's actually part of Redcafe lore, if our attacking playing hasn't been good enough we used to say that "at least he is defensively solid" :D
I got the caf reference I just didn't get the link to Mbappé or his past. If anything a part of the caf dislikes Mbappé because he isn't this fabled defending striker and he will never be.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I got the caf reference I just didn't get the link to Mbappé or his past. If anything a part of the caf dislikes Mbappé because he isn't this fabled defending striker and he will never be.
Caf logic

Theonas

Scout
Works just fine for Real Madrid.

I would argue that United's issue is not throwing money as such but throwing money at non-top players. Apart from Pogba (who flopped, but still) and Casemiro (who has done well, but is sadly a second-hand signing), there are no signings made by United over the last 10 years who were considered world class at the time of joining(and for anyone saying United create stars, not buy them, this is not the 90s or mid 2000s anymore. No class of 92 coming through and no Vidic or Evra available on a cheap). One could say Sanchez, but he was already on a decline when signing, which later turned out to have been a permanent thing. Similar to the Torres at Chelsea situation.
That's not a United issue. Signing that type of players is almost exlusive to Real and Barcelona. Balon d'Or potential players usually want to go there and that was even more the case before the past 10 years. The likes of Bayern might be abl to pick up the best domestically just like we could under Sir Alex but the rest? Haaland is the probably the only one I can remember in the PL who arrived with that profile. It's just not a money thing, it's generally a super rare thing for anyone who is not the big Spanish two.

bosskeano

he's not done himself any favors if he wanted to stay in Paris with recent interviews talking about how divisive PSG is as a team and as a club

devil99

One of the best qualities Haaland has is how big of a team player he is...never showing any bad energy on the pitch or towards his teammates.

IMO
Yes. Decent bloke and hard to hate that guy

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A crying shame this kind of talent is on the move and we aren’t in the conversation.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
That's not a United issue. Signing that type of players is almost exlusive to Real and Barcelona. Balon d'Or potential players usually want to go there and that was even more the case before the past 10 years. The likes of Bayern might be abl to pick up the best domestically just like we could under Sir Alex but the rest? Haaland is the probably the only one I can remember in the PL who arrived with that profile. It's just not a money thing, it's generally a super rare thing for anyone who is not the big Spanish two.
It has not been a thing for Real and Barcelona as well until Perez took over in 2000. Before that, it was the Italian clubs (on a lesser scale obviously due to market regulations).

The bar has been raised and United have gone backwards instead of trying to keep up. There is not a single reason why United should not be in contention for the same players as Real Madrid and Barcelona, the money is there and this is the most important thing.

15 years ago, one could have called United the biggest club in the world with a straight face. Now, one can get only laughed at for suggesting so. The SAF times are gone, it is either catch up with the big ones or get left in the sands of time.

eire-red

IMO
He's worth the baggage though if you have the right squad and set-up around him.

PSG's problem is that they have had the likes of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Di Maria, Icardi, Kean etc either all together or at one stage or another. You can't carry that many egos.

If they had prime Cavani and another willing grafter in that starting line-up alongside Mbappe, I think they would have won a CL by now.

No other player could have gotten France back into that World Cup final. From when he scored that penalty, he took over the entire show and it was unreal to watch.

Anyway, it's a moot point as I think as I can only see him going to Madrid, and I think it's a perfect fit as he'll have the ego and confidence to excel, but enough top pros like Kroos, Modric, Alaba to perhaps help change his mentality.

ClassOf'99

he's not done himself any favors if he wanted to stay in Paris with recent interviews talking about how divisive PSG is as a team and as a club
Flavours of Ronaldo's antics back in the beginning of the year, let's not have someone likely to repeat that at the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When it comes to Mbappe there isn't much of a conversation to be had though, is there? Everyone and their goldfish knows where he's going and where he wants to go.
Yes. The Shane is that he won’t consider us. Not our fault mind you.

RegenD

Supports
Real Madrid
It has not been a thing for Real and Barcelona as well until Perez took over in 2000. Before that, it was the Italian clubs (on a lesser scale obviously due to market regulations).

The bar has been raised and United have gone backwards instead of trying to keep up. There is not a single reason why United should not be in contention for the same players as Real Madrid and Barcelona, the money is there and this is the most important thing.

15 years ago, one could have called United the biggest club in the world with a straight face. Now, one can get only laughed at for suggesting so. The SAF times are gone, it is either catch up with the big ones or get left in the sands of time.
again… money is not the most important thing. Ask Jude Bellingham- he could have made much more money in any prem club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really hope Mbappe just stays there another year and leaves on a free to stick it to them.

Theonas

Scout

If you’re only talking about buying established names from Europe, then we have been buying bigger names post Fergie than during his reign specifically because we’ve been throwing money at it. We barely if ever bought the best players from South America, Italy, Spain or France. No English club had really which is evidenced by how many Balon d’Or shortlisted names that played in the PL.

Italian and Spanish clubs had/have a cultural and romance advantage for players from that region of the world. They believe it’s the place to win individual awards as well as the CL. Maybe this is changing now with the influx of the best coaches but it still seems that when it comes to the generationtional one off talents, Real is number one.