Kylian Mbappe

mu4c_20le

I never understood the Chinese Super League model either, the money they’re giving to players doesn’t correlate to a feasible return on their investment.

They’re literally burning money and honestly, I think these exuberant shows of wealth just puts their human rights record in the spotlight even more.
That wasn't sportswashing. It was because their emperor wanted the Super League to become a top league in asia or the world in 2-3 years, and for China to win the world cup by 2030 or something. They were building tons of new stadiums that ended up abandoned because the attendance was never up there.

Redfan94

That wasn't sportswashing. It was because their emperor wanted the Super League to become a top league in asia or the world in 2-3 years, and for China to win the world cup by 2030 or something. They were building tons of new stadiums that ended up abandoned because the attendance was never up there.
Was talking about Saudi in regards to their human rights, or lack there of, but I suppose it applies to both of them.

crossy1686

career ending
A tiny fraction of what he’s already made in football should see him never have to work another day in his life and live in luxury beyond anything we could ever dream of. How much money does anyone need?
Why are people desperate to gatekeep what someone is allowed to make in their lifetime? If he wants to take the money then he should, no one on here has been in the same position so it’s impossible to judge him for it.

gvk004

I just don't even understand why will they offer 250 million . PSG will accept even 100 as they have to sell . Does not make much sense .

Castia

Why are people desperate to gatekeep what someone is allowed to make in their lifetime? If he wants to take the money then he should, no one on here has been in the same position so it’s impossible to judge him for it.

That’s absolutely fine he’s entitled to do as he likes but he can forget about being named among the best ever going from France to Saudi.

His footballing legacy will be that he will be the highest paid player even when he’s finished and I think he’s fine with that.

redshaw

A tiny fraction of what he’s already made in football should see him never have to work another day in his life and live in luxury beyond anything we could ever dream of. How much money does anyone need?
Perhaps he wants to buy an island and build a golf course or fund other projects.

crossy1686

career ending
That’s absolutely fine he’s entitled to do as he likes but he can forget about being named among the best ever going from France to Saudi.

His footballing legacy will be that he will be the highest paid player even when he’s finished and I think he’s fine with that.
I’m sure he’ll weep every night into his pillow made of solid gold about what the Caf or anyone else thinks of his legacy in football.

Let’s face it, Mbappé is a great player, but he isn’t prime Ronaldo or Messi so if he can make daft money for a year or so he might as well take it then move to Madrid and win some stuff if he wants to. Everyone already writes him off because he plays in France, if anything the Saudi league might be a step up by the time he arrives there.

Wherever he plays he’ll still be a great player, he’s already a World Cup winner so it’s not like he has anything he has to desperate prove at this point.

Pele never left Brazil and he’s still highly regarded as one of the best ever. Mbappe doesn’t have to move to the PL for recognition.

glasgow 21

I’d respect him more for taking it. It’s mental if he turns that down to play for Madrid on less than half that.
Well he doesn't have to turn down Madrid. He can bank a billion, 700 plus what ever he has in the bank already and play for Madrid next year

mctrials23

If the Saudis want to pay him that then all power to them. No one will give any more of a shit about their crappy league and people will just forget about Mbappe until he comes back to play for a proper team.

The bigger issue some of the players that go there in their prime will have is that they simply won't be playing at the top level so if they do come back to Europe after 2-3 seasons, will they still be at the same level?

FujiVice

I'd almost resent him not signing for that amount of money. What an unbelievable deal.

Pronewbie

Peep
Wrong.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I’m sure he’ll weep every night into his pillow made of solid gold about what the Caf or anyone else thinks of his legacy in football.

Let’s face it, Mbappé is a great player, but he isn’t prime Ronaldo or Messi so if he can make daft money for a year or so he might as well take it then move to Madrid and win some stuff if he wants to. Everyone already writes him off because he plays in France, if anything the Saudi league might be a step up by the time he arrives there.

Wherever he plays he’ll still be a great player, he’s already a World Cup winner so it’s not like he has anything he has to desperate prove at this point.

Pele never left Brazil and he’s still highly regarded as one of the best ever. Mbappe doesn’t have to move to the PL for recognition.
Mbappe is better than CR7 at the same age, but has stalled in the past year.

Only at Madrid or in the PL can he continue to improve week in week out.

Even if you consider him less good than prime Ronaldo or Messi, nothing wrong with trying to make the most of his potential by seeking a new challenge.

Marvin look out

If we're talking legacy only, Mbappe would waste another year of his prime if he goes to Saudi Arabia. He'll be 26 at the end of next season. That's not old, but that's not young either for someone who has started to play at the highest level at age 16 and whose main asset is his insane speed. He may very well start to lose his speed at 30/31 (like Henry or Ronaldo) and won't be nowhere near the same player without it.

If we're talking money, well he's already the highest paid footballer (maybe athlete?) on the planet and has been making saudi level money at PSG. Nobody in football/sports history has made as much money as him by the age of 25. He's well ahead of Messi and Ronaldo in that regard. So if someone can afford to turn down these crazy amounts of money, that's him.

CloneMC16

He would be insane to turn down that money. It's only for one year. Get the bag.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Imperial China fell before the first world War mate

Eric_the_Red99

£19 a second, £1100 a minute, £68,500 an hour, £1.64 Million a day, £50 Million a month, £600 Million a year.

What are the Saudi’s getting out of it?
It’s fecking insane. Saudi Arabia’s imports $200 billion a year, so the total cost of Mbappe, just one guy, for a year would equate to around 0.5% of the annual imports of an entire fecking country - the 18th biggest economy in the world. Absolutely bonkers.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Football is broken.

What's next? Some Saudi Club paying hundreds of millions for Newcastle's deadwood?
Nice way to bypass FFP.