La Liga 2018/19

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Classic Suarez. Absolute crap for most of the game and then he does something like that.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Betis plays a really good brand of football btw. Very impressed as I don't watch them too often, but have heard a few good things about their manager, Setien, on the Caf.
Team full of what could have been names . Joaquin,Carvalho,Canales,Jese,Bartra,Lo Celso

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Team full of what could have been names . Joaquin,Carvalho,Canales,Jese,Bartra,Lo Celso
Lo Celso seems to be the one who can still turn it around there, yeah? Haven't been following him/then but there's talk of PSG or Barca wanting him or something.

But yeah, also Christian Tello is there, isn't it? Joaquin still going :drool: Was one of my favorite players in La Liga, along with Vicente.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just watching Messi on ITV...... we in deep shite when he comes to OT:lol:

:(

Hoof the ball

It's so impressive how Messi has essentially reinvented himself. As if he wasn't the elite in forward play before, he's now the elite in terms of playmaking and creating, also, from both deep and high.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Credit to valverde. The 4-4-2 has been great today.

Last time Barca played Betis they lost 4-3 while using the 4-3-3.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
as long as they have Pique at the back we have a decent chance.

Schneckerl

Suarez this season is such a oddity.
Often problems with basic ball control/passing and misses sitters in pathetic fashion - yet minutes later he makes brilliant plays, scores absolute bangers from the most difficult situations.

RooneyLegend

Betis should have stuck to their 5 across the back set up. This one has them vulnerable to quick breaks.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What an assist by Suarez
How could he see Messi run behind him? That is telepathic almost.

Barcelona look hungry, League wrapped up pretty much, final of cup and going well in the CL so far.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Suarez this season is such a oddity.
Often problems with basic ball control/passing and misses sitters in pathetic fashion - yet minutes later he makes brilliant plays, scores absolute bangers from the most difficult situations.
He's always been like that, he's clumsy on the ball but makes it work

People who watch Barcelona just treat losing the ball as if it was the worst thing in the world and choose to ignore the danger he causes.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
as long as they have Pique at the back we have a decent chance.
Getting the ball enough will prove an issue. We've got 4/5 players who are very good at giving the ball away cheaply. Barca will absolutely ruin us for it.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Suarez is probably the strangest player i ever watched, out of 10 actions he will play like Emile Heskey in 8 but will then turn into Fenomeno in 2.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How could he see Messi run behind him? That is telepathic almost.

Barcelona look hungry, League wrapped up pretty much, final of cup and going well in the CL so far.
Especially since he had the easy yet deadly pass right in front of him. Takes much confidence to pull that of in this situation

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Some are calling Suarez a million names under the sun but I've watched Barcelona about 15 times this season and he's been influential in most of them.

Do they think because he doesn't have a godly touch and control like Messi that he is not good? Yes he has declined but he's still one of the best strikers in the world.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our forwards n midfielders should be watching this tonight. It's a clinic in movement off the ball.

Paul_Scholes18

I think you can hurt Barca if you attack them well. All our attackers in poor form is a big worry though. They got Suarez and Messi in form too.

Hoof the ball

Did anyone see that ridiculous pass from Ter Stegen to Alba 3/4 up the field? He played it on the inside of the opposition full-back onto the run of Alba. The fact that Alba was even up that high was something else.

We're here looking for our ball-playing CB hero at United and Barça have a keeper who can do Messi impressions from his own six yard box :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Vidal has been a pretty decent signing for Barca. I thought he was a bit physically past it when he signed, but he's looked very lively and energetic. Obviously he's not the player he was in his prime, but he's still getting up and down.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Did anyone see that ridiculous pass from Ter Stegen to Alba 3/4 up the field? He played it on the inside of the opposition full-back onto the run of Alba. The fact that Alba was even up that high was something else.

We're here looking for our ball-playing CB hero at United and Barça have a keeper who can do Messi impressions from his own six yard box :lol:
I watch a lot of Barca (mainly because of Messi) and as much as I love DDG, I've thought that for this season at least, Ter Stegen is the best GK in the world. IMO anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
United shouldn't put the wide flag up. If you can get Pogba on the ball enough for him to hit his crossfield balls you can get at their FBs 1 v 1.

Betis got into plenty of those positions, just the crosses haven't been great and Betis of course lack a good central striker. Jese as their first choice when he's barely played in last year sums it up.

Schneckerl

He's always been like that, he's clumsy on the ball but makes it work
People who watch Barcelona just treat losing the ball as if it was the worst thing in the world and choose to ignore the danger he causes.
I don't think his bad moments have ever been as terrible as in 18/19. Apparently Suarez already missed more 'big chances' (25) in the league than in the past two seasons which would support the general impression you get from watching him this season that he has been pretty wasteful most of the time.