La Liga 2018/19

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca lose this they already can't make 100 points this season.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I don't think it would be fun to be a fan of Atletico. Nice watching them occasionally making Barca and Real's lives miserable though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great assist from Messi. Thought Dembele had taken too long to shoot.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Atleti always feck up vs Barcelona in the league, it's incredible. They are terrible this season though so a draw isn't a bad result, they're never going to win the league playing like this anyway.

A Sevilla win means they go top of the league tomorrow :lol:

PeteManic

Nice to see at least 15 mins of football after the tumescent shite at OT today.

Keep your eyes now on happenings in Buenos Aires. Madness.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
25 points in 13 games for Barca and 20 in 13 for Real. The end of 2 great teams. That's usually the amount of points you see from the likes of Bilbao, Celta or Villarreal, not from the 2 best teams in Spain. The funny thing is that Real are still in the title race! :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

The teams from Spain has declined like crazy. It is insane to see it fall apart after being dominant for a long time.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Dembele keeps rescuing them, he might be a pain in the ass but they would be in a much worse situation without him since the start of the season.

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
Just noticed that Real Madrid has a difference of +1 :lol:

AlwaysRed66

I wouldn't wish Simeone on anyone. Sucks the life out of football, despite having top class players.

Paul_Scholes18

Seems like motivation and focus are severely lacking.
Yepp it could be. I think the lack of money is a big factor of course. Barcelona have still spent a lot of money though, but Real Madrid less so recently. The rest of the league don't really have enough money to compete with other leagues for the best players.

Premier league got most money so I guess we expect these sides to do well. Sadly we got a lot of money, but are still totally crap under Mourinho.
Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid are not as strong as they have been. I like underdogs doing well, but they are so weak I even feel bad for them a bit.

I guess the stars have come together to give City and Pep that champions league title. They are the odds favorites already, but I just don't want them to get a treble so I just hope some other big teams can step up. Juventus the best hope and I dislike them a lot too haha.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wouldn't wish Simeone on anyone. Sucks the life out of football, despite having top class players.
Yeah, his style’s not my cup of tea but he at least gets his players to buy into it.

AlwaysRed66

Yeah, his style’s not my cup of tea but he at least gets his players to buy into it.
He has his admirers by Man Utd fans on these boards, but fans at a top club wouldn't put up with his tactics for long, however much success he got. Presumably, that is why he stays at Atletico Madrid.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yepp it could be. I think the lack of money is a big factor of course. Barcelona have still spent a lot of money though, but Real Madrid less so recently. The rest of the league don't really have enough money to compete with other leagues for the best players.

Premier league got most money so I guess we expect these sides to do well. Sadly we got a lot of money, but are still totally crap under Mourinho.
Bayern, Barcelona and Real Madrid are not as strong as they have been. I like underdogs doing well, but they are so weak I even feel bad for them a bit.

I guess the stars have come together to give City and Pep that champions league title. They are the odds favorites already, but I just don't want them to get a treble so I just hope some other big teams can step up. Juventus the best hope and I dislike them a lot too haha.
City tend to choke in CL, had a shaky start to the campaign. They aren’t invincible

Enigma_87

You know who
If either Godin or Gimenez were playing Atletico would've won this. :(

Barca and Real aren't looking all that this season, hope Atletico wins it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How was VAR not used there?!:lol:

And the ref blew when Getafe were about to have a shot at goal.

el3mel

The points are extremely low in the league it's bizarre. Seville is having their ordinary season. It's just hilarious out of 39 points Barca have 25 and Madrid have.. 20 ? :lol: Ridiculous. Barca won only about half of their matches. Unacceptable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The points are extremely low in the league it's bizarre. Seville is having their ordinary season. It's just hilarious out of 39 points Barca have 25 and Madrid have.. 20 ? :lol: Ridiculous. Barca won only about half of their matches. Unacceptable.
I love it, much more like La Liga was in the late 90s.

Can't get into leagues where the top 2 or 3 shoot 90 + points as has been the case for most of last 10 years.

el3mel

I love it, much more like La Liga was in the late 90s.

Can't get into leagues where the top 2 or 3 shoot 90 + points as has been the case for most of last 10 years.
It makes the league more competitive. Just speaks poorly about Madrid and Barca form.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Is Sevilla finishing on second place realistic? Or do you guys reckon they are gonna get catched by Atletico eventually?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Sevilla finishing on second place realistic? Or do you guys reckon they are gonna get catched by Atletico eventually?
Might nick 4th but I'd be amazed if they finish top 3. Their defence is much more stable than last season though. Machin is manager to watch aswell, did very well with Girona last few years.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Both. Valverde is a terrible manager imo, for anyone who watches Barca knows that.
What? Valverde's a good manager and has proved that through a fairly extensive career... he's not really suited to manage Barcelona but that doesn't make him a terrible manager.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Barça could end up turning their eyes to the Netherlands, as they did in the past. With coaches or with players. As a way to regain their essence, and a little excitement.
Despite our moment of form, I would not change for them. Neither in management nor in players.
Of the recent signings I only really like Arthur's, without knowing very well what to think of Lenglet. Besides the signings of Vidal and Malcom seem very improvised.
I think that at the moment Coutinho is not what they expected, and Dembele shows a lot of talent but is very erratic. I do not see him developing a long career in Barcelona.
Xavi´s name has also appeared recently.He is going to retire and probably will be a candidate sooner than later