La Liga 2018/19

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
More points dropped with a 2-2 draw away to Villareal.

Right...who will Real be going for in the summer?

Hazard and Mbappe? Neymar?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fair result.

Real Madrid did next to no attacking in that second half, seemed content just to keep ball although Benzema did miss a one-on-one.

Hopefully this can spark Villareal into life and they move away from bottom 3. Always had a soft spot for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watching Marcelo pretending to defend is one of the funniest sights in football
Marcelo? 11 guys taken off the street would defend better than we do both individually and as a team :lol:

:(

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
More points dropped with a 2-2 draw away to Villareal.

Right...who will Real be going for in the summer?

Hazard and Mbappe? Neymar?
Brahim Diaz, Mario Hermoso and a random 16 year old brazilian for 50 million.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Marcelo? 11 guys taken off the street would defend better than we do both individually and as a team :lol:

:(
Yup, would definitely help a lot if your left back actually gave a shit if you concede goals or not though

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yup, would definitely help a lot if your left back actually gave a shit if you concede goals or not though
Carvajal was actually worse yesterday. This team desperately needs coaching. The bottom's gone, they just don't have it in them to pull things together themselves.

The one good thing from yesterday was Isco looked fit, finally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Brahim Diaz, Mario Hermoso and a random 16 year old brazilian for 50 million.
I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem when we need a CB and CM and we're not aggressively chasing the two biggest talents at the positions in a decade

DavidDeSchmikes

Hopefully both them and Bilbao can stay up. Would be a shame if one of them got relegated.
It will be close. Bilbao are drawing too many. Just 2 wins but 10 draws. I may be wrong, but Bilbao have never been relegated. And what has happened to Villarreal.... their last league positions over 5 seasons wouldn't have suggested they'd be in a relegation battle.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It will be close. Bilbao are drawing too many. Just 2 wins but 10 draws. I may be wrong, but Bilbao have never been relegated. And what has happened to Villarreal.... their last league positions over 5 seasons wouldn't have suggested they'd be in a relegation battle.
Espanyol look in freefall. Think they have lost their last 6 league games so hopefully both Bilbao and Villarreal can stay up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Their defence is woeful and that's without Funes Mori even getting in the team. Asenjo only good thing for them at the back. Midfield options also aren't as great as last few years.

Upfront I know he might be a bit lazy but Bacca should be starting, still the best finisher at the club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Espanyol look in freefall. Think they have lost their last 6 league games so hopefully both Bilbao and Villarreal can stay up.
Espanyol 1 up early on against Leganes.

You're right though, few weeks back they were 4th or 5th and now they're in bottom 6.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Who would have thought that Alaves-Valencia would have been a game for the Europa League at the start of the season? :D

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ronaldo in the crowd watching Valladolid, dosen't he part own them now?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Alaves miracle continues, Valencia continue to underwhelm.

Meanwhile I go back to sobbing about the FA cup results. :lol:

DavidDeSchmikes

Around this time last season Alaves lost to Bilbao 2-0 and were 18th
Now they are 4th, undefeated at home, Valencia underwhelming are currently in 11th.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Looks like Barca are building their French contingent ever since Abidal took up his post.
Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo, Rabiot & Dembele.
That's 5 players in their squad that they'll probably have for a number of years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like Barca are building their French contingent ever since Abidal took up his post.
Umtiti, Lenglet, Todibo, Rabiot & Dembele.
That's 5 players in their squad that they'll probably have for a number of years.
Are Pique's starting days over with all these CBs they're collecting (still talk they want the young Dutch CB from Ajax aswell).

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Around this time last season Alaves lost to Bilbao 2-0 and were 18th
Now they are 4th, undefeated at home, Valencia underwhelming are currently in 11th.
Yep, expected Valencia to be in the top 3, with the squad they have on the paper. Can't see them playing in Europe at all next season.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If Betis had an above average goalscorer upfront I reckon they could be fighting with Real Madrid for fourth place.

They should really be getting someone in January, they play well but look incredibly toothless.

DavidDeSchmikes

Huecsa get their 2nd win of the season, and their first ever La Liga win at home. Also it is a first win for manager Francisco (who took over in October). Huecsa remain bottom, but now the gap between 17th is down to 5 points. As for Betis, they miss the chance of reining in Real Madrid. A win for Getafe will see them move into 6th

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Are Pique's starting days over with all these CBs they're collecting (still talk they want the young Dutch CB from Ajax aswell).
Well apparently this latest signing Todibo, will be loaned back to the club till the end of season. Barca will then assess him in the summer if he's ready to join the squad or go out on another loan.

I'm guessing if they do go after de Ligt it'll be the same kind of arrangement - maybe loan him back to Ajax for another season.

Anyways, Pique imo, is still better than Lenglet & probably remain a starter for at least another season with Umtiti.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Huecsa get their 2nd win of the season, and their first ever La Liga win at home. Also it is a first win for manager Francisco (who took over in October). Huecsa remain bottom, but now the gap between 17th is down to 5 points. As for Betis, they miss the chance of reining in Real Madrid. A win for Getafe will see them move into 6th
Huesca play some nice football. They just can't score.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sevilla - Atletico in 45 minutes.

Vaclik - Gnagnon , Carrico , Sergi Gomez - Jesus Navas , Sarabia , Banega , Roque Mesa , Escudero - Ben Yedder , André Silva

vs.

Oblak - Juanfran , Savic , Godin , Saul Niguez - Thomas , Rodrigo , Koke , Lemar - Correa , Griezmann

looks like Saul is helping out as LB.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It is not the first time. I do not think he is very happy with that position, just when Luis Enrique begins to give him prominence

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It is not the first time. I do not think he is very happy with that position, just when Luis Enrique begins to give him prominence
Not like he has a lot of options there.

Maybe Simeone could scrap something from a 5-4-1 with Lemar and Juanfran as wingbacks as he seems to have Gimenez fit today, but it's probably my fixation for thinking that if you can throw 3cb's and two wing backs you'll solve most balance issues while defending :lol: