La Liga 2018/19

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I discovered this graph in twitter and I found it interesting:

Not only because of Tony Kroos ability. That "per 90" stat seems quite useful because it's a way of telling us the production of a particular stat over a 90-minute period.

http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/per-90-stats-explained/

Here we can see both total passes and accurate long passes. Quite interesting if you ask me.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I discovered this graph in twitter and I found it interesting:

Not only because of Tony Kroos ability. That "per 90" stat seems quite useful because it's a way of telling us the production of a particular stat over a 90-minute period.

http://www.fantasyfutopia.com/per-90-stats-explained/

Here we can see both total passes and accurate long passes. Quite interesting if you ask me.
Kroos is still the best passer in football with Messi, despite some attempts by a particular agenda poster to frame him and Modric as some sort of frauds in this thread and all over the football forum.

Cait Sith

Kroos is still the best passer in football with Messi, despite some attempts by a particular agenda poster to frame him and Modric as some sort of frauds in this thread and all over the football forum.
Laughable statement.

Laughable graphic.

According to that graphic, Casemiro and Modric are pretty much on the same spot and so are Messi and Koke. So what does that tell us exactly? Nothing.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Laughable statement.

Laughable graphic.

According to that graphic, Casemiro and Modric are pretty much on the same spot and so are Messi and Koke. So what does that tell us exactly? Nothing.
Well, saying that graph tells us everything is as extreme as saying it tells us nothing.

But so far only one of those two points has been made.

Schneckerl

The graphic doesn't tell us the direction or position of the passes. Limited usefullness.

Theoretically a player could pad this stat by passing it back to the goalie all the time.

Cait Sith

Well, saying that graph tells us everything is as extreme as saying it tells us nothing.

But so far only one of those two points has been made.
That graphic tells us nothing of note. What does it tell us then? Who makes the most and the most accurate passes? How surprising that safe midfielders like Busquets, Rakitic and Kroos (who has probably never played a difficult throughball assist in his life) score high.

The only amazing fact I take from that graph is that Messi plays almost as many passes and almost as accurately as Ballon d'Or midfield grandmaster Modric despite creating 20 times more chances per game. As a forward.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The graphic doesn't tell us the direction or position of the passes. Limited usefullness.

Theoretically a player could pad this stat by passing it back to the goalie all the time.
The graphic doesn't tell me what I'm going to have for lunch tomorrow either.

It tells me though, that all of Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic and Kroos are prone to a particular style.

It tells me too, that Kroos is an excellent long passer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like Barca can't be arsed to look for another manager. The Cules I know hate him. Too often, they play within themselves.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He won the league and the cup in his first season, on his way to winning the league again in his second season and fans are dying for him to leave. Hilarious.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Eibar come from 2 goals behind to keep their unbeaten run going.
Was a pretty exciting game. After Eibar scored second, both teams just played long ball last 10 minutes so was actually like watching a typical mid table premier league match with the ball being hit towards both boxes as quickly as possible.

Charles having a good goalsoring season for Eibar, 12 now in La Liga. He also won a lot of headers. Seems to have had a solid scoring record everywhere he's been so was going to say he could be a target for some prem clubs....until I read he's actually 34. :lol:

Schneckerl

It tells me though, that all of Busquets, Arthur, Rakitic and Kroos are prone to a particular style.

It tells me too, that Kroos is an excellent long passer.
Not really. Do you know Kroos' nickname in Germany? :D
Long forward passes would be more interesting.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like Barca can't be arsed to look for another manager. The Cules I know hate him. Too often, they play within themselves.
Messi Is pretty much manager of Barcelona anyway isn't he?

Be interesting to see what happens if Barca go out from Europe early again this season.

Think they've lost the plot with transfers recently. Need to get stream of la Masia graduates back in the team again. Pep will presumably go back eventually.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi Is pretty much manager of Barcelona anyway isn't he?

Be interesting to see what happens if Barca go out from Europe early again this season.

Think they've lost the plot with transfers recently. Need to get stream of la Masia graduates back in the team again. Pep will presumably go back eventually.
What are you talking about?!

They’ve had incredible transfers in recent years with Umtiti, cillisen, Paulinho was fantastic in the short time he was here, dembele has been incredible, lenglet has been a solid buy, vidal has been good, and Arthur is one of the best/most promising young midfielders right now and Frankie De Jong should be an excellent buy.

Coutinho was fantastic last season but struggling a ton this year in the 4-3-3.

I don’t agree with the Valverde extension but it’s not because Messi has anything to do with who they bring in (otherwise Aguero and Fabregas would be with Barca today).

Messi definitely has a lot of clout at Barca but if they go out early it’ll be because of a painfully mediocre defense. If they can at least get to the semi’s of CL and win the league it’ll be a great season.

Reactions: KM

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Was thinking more the money spent on Coutinho, and bringing in Malcolm and KP Boateng recently. Baffling. Had some good ones too with Arthur, Umtiti etc. Dembele also looking a good buy as long as sorts attitude.

I thought Coutinho was purchased to replace Messi originally, can't see how else he could fit in same team in 4 3 3.

Barcelona have been most successful when playing La Masia players with one or two big transfers mixed in. Recent strategy a mistake imo.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Griezmann... who else?

Got very lucky there but what a fecking player
Won't win goal of the season thats for sure. Morata with assist, he looks v happy, body language completely different compared to with us.

Amazing Vallecano are 18th. Gave Barca a real game too.

Costa back now for Atletico, going to be very good champions league clash with Juventus.

Skorenzy

Won't win goal of the season thats for sure. Morata with assist, he looks v happy, body language completely different compared to with us.

Amazing Vallecano are 18th. Gave Barca a real game too.

Costa back now for Atletico, going to be very good champions league clash with Juventus.

I don't see it. Atléti have been getting more and more tumescent and less dangerous while Juve have been gradually building up their strength.
They hit a rough patch recently but seem to have come out of it unscathed.

Think it will be quite a one-sided and uneventful affair for Juventus.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't see it. Atléti have been getting more and more tumescent and less dangerous while Juve have been gradually building up their strength.
They hit a rough patch recently but seem to have come out of it unscathed.

Think it will be quite a one-sided and uneventful affair for Juventus.
I think the Spanish teams have an advantage in Europe as the overall quality of the league is higher, they get pushed more on a regular basis.

Too easy almost for Juventus in Serie A.

Wouldn't want to call this tie, think it will be very close.

Bole Top

I'm more surprised to see Kevin-Prince Boateng start.
Suarez was terrible in last three games, most likely because he was tired as hell. they have Lyon away next, followed by Sevilla away, followed by R.Madrid away and then another el clasico after that. this game is the only one in which they can afford to rest him.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Suarez was terrible in last three games, most likely because he was tired as hell. they have Lyon away next, followed by Sevilla away, followed by R.Madrid away and then another el clasico after that. this game is the only one in which they can afford to rest him.
Fixtures and Suaréz aside, Kevin-Prince Boateng is starting for Barcelona. Remember when Real got Fauber, Adebayor and Gravesen on loan?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Suarez is 32 can't play every single match. Needs to rest sometimes.

Boateng surely a stop gap. Barca must have a striker already agreed to join for next season I think?

Bole Top

Fixtures and Suaréz aside, Kevin-Prince Boateng is starting for Barcelona. Remember when Real got Fauber, Adebayor and Gravesen on loan?
yeah, unbelieavable. I actually remember him scoring some great goals for Milan but man, that was ages ago. he has been fairly irrelevant after he turned 25 and how he's their only back up striker. only a loan, so...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Barcelona getting bailed out with a penalty. Messi has been very poor this game, misplacing really simple passes, similar to the whole team of Barcelona.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Then pen was a completely joke.

But VAR would never cancel a pen for Barca at home.

Skorenzy

1-0 Messi. but I must say, fairly uninspired tonight.
Not even that, just downright poor in a way I've never seen from him before. Misplaced so many easy passes, heavy touches and taking too long to get the ball out of his feet causing him to get dispossessed like crazy on the dribble. But even beyond the technical inaccuracy he's making bad decisions as well.
That said, he still created the only 2 great chances they had: first 1v1 for KP Boateng and then a nice set-up for Dembélé who took too long to shoot.

Barça as a whole just playing miserably.
The pen was a gift; sure strictly the DF puts his hand around Piqué but there's nothing forceful about it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Is Messi fully fit?

He's looked awful.

If not, why in the world is he playing then? He should really start resting more.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Then pen was a completely joke.

But VAR would never cancel a pen for Barca at home.
That penalty decision is an absolute disgrace, especially when we have VAR...
Even though it was not enough to bring down Pique and he clearly dived to get the penalty it was still a foul because you are not allowed to affect the attacker has a defender by pulling on his shoulder. That's a foul and a very dumb one because he was stopping Pique from shooting with his left.

As for Messi, I've rarely seen him as poor in a match whilst being so involved. I expect a goal or assist in the 2nd half because he rarely plays a full match like this, especially at home.

MrEleson

Adebayor was pretty good for real in short stint.