g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2018/19

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Luis Enrique's first Spain squad list:

De Gea (Manchester United)
Kepa (Chelsea)
Pau López (Betis)

Carvajal (Real Madrid)
Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Albiol (Napoli)
Diego Llorente (Real Sociedad)
Nacho (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Íñigo Martínez (Athletic)
[Irrelevant point] (Chelsea)
Gayá (Valencia)

Busquets (Barcelona)
Sergi Roberto (Barcelona)
Rodri (Atlético)
Saúl (Atlético)
Thiago (Bayern)
Ceballos (Real Madrid)

Isco (Real Madrid)
Asensio (Real Madrid)
Morata (Chelsea)
Diego Costa (Atlético)
Suso (Milan)
Rodrigo M. (Valencia)

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Damn, he still hates Jordi Alba. Asturianos know how to hold a grudge.

Looks like he'll build the team around DDG, Ramos, Busquets, Isco and Costa.
Luis Enrique likes "winners", by moaning with Spain about losing his spot for a tactical change that actually helped the team play better in big matches, Alba showed he puts himself in front of watching the team win. That's a cross that might be hard to lift if Luis Enrique expects Alba to ask for forgiveness even at a private level.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I understand Koke and Lucas. I do not understand Albiol very well and I thought that D.Llorente was injured.
For the issue Independence-referendum I wouldn't have called Sergi Roberto.
He is leaving out the full back by personal issues that should solve.
Looking forward to seeing Suso

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'd play like this if I was Enrique:
De Gea
Carvajal - Azpilicueta - Ramos - Nacho - Alonso
Busquets - Saul - Isco
Costa - Rodrigo

Yup, a 5-3-2.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla have 20 minutes to sign Portu...and Madrid to sign Mbappé :wenger:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Sevilla have 20 minutes to sign Portu...and Madrid to sign Mbappé :wenger:
We have made a really good transfer window. Yet, the way the board handle the Portu-saga has made them - if possible - even more unpopular. The only thing left is Castro referring to some whatsapp-conversation, as if its is a binding agreement.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
We have made a really good transfer window. Yet, the way the board handle the Portu-saga has made them - if possible - even more unpopular. The only thing left is Castro referring to some whatsapp-conversation, as if its is a binding agreement.
I am a bit more ambivalent. Promes is a pretty exciting signing and a very positive surprise at the end of the window. Vaclik is imo already showing his quality. He is really really good. I like Rico, but last year every ball on goal made me nervous. I quite surprised that we were able to sign him for so little money with EPL money around. Roque Mesa is a good la liga player. It would have been madness to not sign him. Gonalones looks promising and could help to lessen the dependency on Banega. Hopefully he stays injury free. Amadou had a couple of promising pre-season games, but we'll have to wait and see how useful he is. The midfield continues to be the strong part of the squad. Vidal is no Navas (that must sound crazy to people who watched him in the EPL, but Navas looks exceptional as wing-back), but a good squad player.
Oh and somehow we managed to send Ganso on a loan. Dunno why anyone would take him.

The central defence is imo weak. Gnagnon doesn't look ready at all, Berrocal not ready, Segi Gomez is okay and the rest are Kjar, Carrico and Mercado. OVerall I miss a quality CB. If Carrico and Kjaer struggle with injuries again, we'll be very short in this position.
The other problem is the central forward. Its a huge gamble to trust Andre Silva without solid alternatives. If he doesn't kick-on, we'll be in trouble.
The less there is said about Portu, the better. That said, with Promes joining us, I am not particularly disappointed, that we didn't sign him for 18-22m......We could have signed him for 12 at the beginning of the window.....the board almost did a "Fellaini".

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Damn i missed this portu saga. What happened? And more importantly, what did Cristobal Soria had to say about it?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Damn i missed this portu saga. What happened? And more importantly, what did Cristobal Soria had to say about it?
I don't know about Portu but he said that didn't want any Madrid player,that he would prefer to be in Segunda(he was talking about Mayoral.Poor Mayoral,a guy so nice),and of course everybody reminded him about Sarabia :lol:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@PedroMendez And don't forget that our best signing is Machin. The same players that were poor last year will be good this year - except for maybe el Mudo...I am still doubtful about his nonchalant style.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Luis Enrique's first Spain squad list:

De Gea (Manchester United)
Kepa (Chelsea)
Pau López (Betis)

Carvajal (Real Madrid)
Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Albiol (Napoli)
Diego Llorente (Real Sociedad)
Nacho (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Íñigo Martínez (Athletic)
[Irrelevant point] (Chelsea)
Gayá (Valencia)

Busquets (Barcelona)
Sergi Roberto (Barcelona)
Rodri (Atlético)
Saúl (Atlético)
Thiago (Bayern)
Ceballos (Real Madrid)

Isco (Real Madrid)
Asensio (Real Madrid)
Morata (Chelsea)
Diego Costa (Atlético)
Suso (Milan)
Rodrigo M. (Valencia)
Why not try for Laporte? You need a new CB after Pique retired and he has no chance to start for France in the next 5 years

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gomez is a good striker. Had a relatively low buyout clause in the summer
Had a brilliant debut season. Guess him not playing much at the world cup means he's still going under the radar but a forward to watch. Will certainly be playing for one of the top clubs in europe in next two years imo, would do well in the premier league as he's excellent in the air.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Had a brilliant debut season. Guess him not playing much at the world cup means he's still going under the radar but a forward to watch. Will certainly be playing for one of the top clubs in europe in next two years imo, would do well in the premier league as he's excellent in the air.
Goal and assist tonight.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Spain calls him up, what can they do?
They can call him as well. If he's eligible for Spain than ultimately it's his choice. Deschamps already called him up, but didn't play him yet

freeurmind

weak willed
Have France got round to picking him yet?
Been in 2 squads but never played. Did say he had picked France but if they keep not picking him, he may well opt for Spain. France could also argue that they don't really need him given they have Umtiti and Varane.

DomesticTadpole

They can call him as well. If he's eligible for Spain than ultimately it's his choice. Deschamps already called him up, but didn't play him yet
Think he has already said he wants to play for France, so now he has left Spain he might not feel the need to show them any loyalty and rightly chose the country of his birth. If Deschamp choses him.

DomesticTadpole

Been in 2 squads but never played. Did say he had picked France but if they keep not picking him, he may well opt for Spain. France could also argue that they don't really need him given they have Umtiti and Varane.
Didn't Deschamp say he would play at LB if he was chosen? I know he nearly came on for Koscielny in a game when he got a bang on the head, but then Koscielny didn't actually come off, so the chance had gone.