La Liga 2018/19

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised they didn't start Gamiero or Batshuyai.

Can't say Rodrigo convinces me as a real top class striker.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One avenue LaLiga should explore is to stop with these ridiculous late kick offs..
Valencia just lost 2:0 against Espanyol and has 1 point after 2 games. Diakhaby not great at all. They also need Guedes for more creativity.
Diakhaby was a bit of a disaster for Lyon. He will need a lot of time to settle

PedroMendez

Acolyte
One avenue LaLiga should explore is to stop with these ridiculous late kick offs..

Diakhaby was a bit of a disaster for Lyon. He will need a lot of time to settle
I dont know anything about him, but was surprised that they signed another CB. I thought they were alright with Garay, Murillo, Gabriel and Ruben Vezo. Imo Murillo + Garay had potential to be a great partnership. Diakhaby seems to be all over the place.

----------------
Sevilla
Vaclik - Mercado , Kjaer , Sergi Gomez - Jesus Navas , Roque Mesa , Banega , Escudero - Sarabia , Vazquez - André Silva

vs.

Villarreal
Sergio Asenjo - Mario Gaspar , Alvaro , Victor Ruiz , Alfonso - Caseres - Man Utd Trigueros , Pablo Fornals - Santi Cazorla - Gerard , Toko-Ekambi

-------------------
and
Real vs Girona
Navas - Carvajal , Nacho , Sergio Ramos , Marcelo - T. Kroos , Casemiro - Bale , Isco , Asensio - Benzema

izec

Modric, Varane and Courtois on the bench :wenger:

Especially Modric and Varane is absolutely hilarious.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
That Real Madrid line-up is still insanely strong without Ronaldo. With Barcelona and Atletico Madrid winning yesterday, they must win to keep up pace.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Barça should still be favourites to win La Liga, but we can't win the CL playing like this. Too slow and lacking creativity. The pitch was criminal, but it wasn't the only problem, in my book our biggest problem is Valverde and I can't see us landing the Big Ears with him in charge. The league is as high as we can go this season, provided we keep our level from last season and the two Madrid clubs don't perform to the best of their ability.

It is going to be difficult for us to find the style of play that sees us break our dependence on Messi. We can have Coutinho and Dembele with their flashes of brilliance, it will win us some points, but at the end of the day neither can begin to match Messi. This is why the league format is made for us atm, we have the stability, discipline and consistency to win any league, but in a competition like the CL we will face adversity that Valverde has not yet been able to answer properly and I don't see a solution for us in that department.

Last night at Valladolid was a good example, and I don't want to mention the pitch as an excuse. Despite the pitch, Suarez still somehow played last night. We have problems that can't be solved by our bench right now because Arthur is not ready, Rakitić is far too slow to advance Barça's game, and Vidal is not ready to play every game with that knee at 31, even if he did somehow immediately manage to adapt to our football.

The way I see it, and admittedly I know very little about football, our hopes rest on Valverde and Dembele to help Messi. I trust neither, so... yeah. Messi will take us as far as he can this season, again. That will be a league title if we do the season right, anything beyond that is a lottery and hardly attainable IMO. We had a very good Summer transfer-wise, Abidal did a great job, but for a truly great Summer we should have replaced Valverde.

Sigma

Benzema puts the ball in the back of the net but just offside after a through ball by Bale. Disallowed.

zkap

Supports
Barça
Karim looks reborn.
I think Benzema will perform for Madrid this season. He spent years in Ronaldo's service, that's a player that knows the needs of the team and how to best serve the collective. I can see him and Bale having a great season, now that there's some stepping up to do with Ronaldo gone.

With players like Asensio and Isco, Madrid have very little to worry about. Now, if only Modrić can find a place in the starting line-up...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Blimey Real Madrid are wide open on the counter attack.

Girona need to defend well in numbers here and they'll get plenty more chances.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In fairness Girona playing some great stuff going forward.

Should've been 2-0 there. Marcelo easily done by the 1-2.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Baño

We are depressing. As bad as last season so far here

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ramos with his best Zidane impression.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought Real Madrid will struggle for top4 without Ronaldo, but I forgot the referees are still there.