La Liga 2020/21

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not watching but Atletico with more corners, shots and shots on target (7-3) can this be true? I just assumed they'd be camping on edge of their own penalty area Mourinho 2010 style.

Oddboy

I don't watch much La Liga at all - but this game is basically a non contact sport. Ref will blow for absolutely any physicality. Is this representative of normal behaviour in Spanish football?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Not watching but Atletico with more corners, shots and shots on target (7-3) can this be true? I just assumed they'd be camping on edge of their own penalty area Mourinho 2010 style.
Atletico need a win, not a draw

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atletico need a win, not a draw
I think a draw will be o.k, don't see Real Madrid winning their last 4. Think they'll trip up away to Bilbao who are always very motivated for games v Madrid.

Sevilla, Granada, Bilbao, Villareal, very tough last 4 games.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Atletico are the better team. Seems like they are going for a draw second half. Probbaly counting on REal madrid to drop points. Stupid imo.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Two minutes added on, Redcafe would go offline for hours if Man. United got that in a must win game for them. :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I think a draw will be o.k, don't see Real Madrid winning their last 4. Think they'll trip up away to Bilbao who are always very motivated for games v Madrid.

Sevilla, Granada, Bilbao, Villareal, very tough last 4 games.
madrid owns tiebreaker against both Atletico and Barca, a draw was best case scenario for Madrid fans

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ousmane Dembele is absolutely terrible. The fees that clowns like him command are shameful.

Anduin

Barca are gone now. This would have been a perfectly fine result had they beat Granada, instead they have to watch Dembele bottle yet another game... he is so shit when the pressure is on, never a Barcelona player, and certainly not worth half of what Barca paid. Atleti will not lose another game, so can’t see Barca having a chance now, though I think Real will drop points.

Inter Yer Nan

Good point for Atletico. I quite fancy Real will slip up between games with Sevilla, Granada, Bilbao, and Villarreal. Atletico probably need three wins from three though. They have a relatively tame schedule compared to Real though.

Barca appear to have no shot now with an inferior head-to-head to both Madrid sides.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't watch much La Liga at all - but this game is basically a non contact sport. Ref will blow for absolutely any physicality. Is this representative of normal behaviour in Spanish football?
It depends on the referee but yes, they are more strict with the contacts. In fact, when they play in Europe, where more contact is allowed, on television they refer to that as "European referee", more similar to the Premier

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
GET. IN.

Not quite, Mateu Lahoz having one of those days

But yeah, if you're used to the PL, it's really different

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca are gone now. This would have been a perfectly fine result had they beat Granada, instead they have to watch Dembele bottle yet another game... he is so shit when the pressure is on, never a Barcelona player, and certainly not worth half of what Barca paid. Atleti will not lose another game, so can’t see Barca having a chance now, though I think Real will drop points.
Dembele did more for the team today than any other attacking player bar Messi. He should have been starting and we would have won. Created tons of chances we weren’t getting before

marktan

I think Madrid will win their last 4, they've been very good the last couple of months. Sevilla's the only one that could cause issues but think they'll win.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico perhaps should have won with their chances in the first half, but a draw is quite fair also, not much between the two sides.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hardly a good point for atletico, should have been up 2-0 at half time

Still, it's probably enough to win them the league given our current condition

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Dembele did more for the team today than any other attacking player bar Messi. He should have been starting and we would have won. Created tons of chances we weren’t getting before
Dembele has been missing golden chances since the Liverpool game. Barca signed him over mbappe over potential. Big flop and a trash player.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Madrid will win their last 4, they've been very good the last couple of months. Sevilla's the only one that could cause issues but think they'll win.
Yeah, you only have to go back a few days to find our last great performance...

Anduin

What did he do? Won a single 1 v 1 against Carrasco and bottled a sitter. Well, I admit I’m still extremely bitter about his performance against the Scousers, so don’t expect me to talk sense

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Are they seen as a tough side to play? United crushed them
you guys took them to the woodshed and it was very surprising. They’re a very stingy team, and tough to play at their pitch. Fifth in the league and wouldn’t be surprised to see them hold Atletico to a draw

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What did he do? Won a single 1 v 1 against Carrasco and bottled a sitter. Well, I admit I’m still extremely bitter about his performance against the Scousers, so don’t expect me to talk sense
haha it is frustrating don’t get me wrong, same with psg match. But we looked insanely toothless until he came on. He missed some bad shots for sure but created a ton of good stuff. No surprise Messi was always looking for him. He should’ve started though because that first half was an abomination from Barca outside of Messi magic

TheReligion

Abusive
you guys took them to the woodshed and it was very surprising. They’re a very stingy team, and tough to play at their pitch. Fifth in the league and wouldn’t be surprised to see them hold Atletico to a draw
That's fair enough. I know they started the season well but assumed they dropped off.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi is ridiulous, as a rival-fan, cant wait for him to feck of the PSG or something, but i reckon he will renew and have to deal with him another couple of seasons.
As Real Madrid fan I hope he renews :).

Tomorrow, Real Madrid will be missing the entire starting backline. They are by far the most injury ravaged team in la liga this season. Winning la liga title will be a small miracle if you ask me.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think a draw will be o.k, don't see Real Madrid winning their last 4.
Good point for Atletico. I quite fancy Real will slip up between games with Sevilla, Granada, Bilbao, and Villarreal. Atletico probably need three wins from three though.
Atletico haven't won 3 games in a row since the end of January.
Hell, they've only won 2 games in a row once since the end of January.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Are they seen as a tough side to play? United crushed them
And barcelona beat them 6-1 at their ground

They're good, they can be tough, but if you can break them down on the counter you can really break them down...

Charlie Foley

Check out Huesca’s goal. Equalised in first half injury time with an outrageous shot. Of course they then go score an own goal with the last kick of the half to go in 2-1 down anyway

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Dembele has been missing golden chances since the Liverpool game. Barca signed him over mbappe over potential. Big flop and a trash player.

Nope, idiotic take. His finishing this season hasn’t been good but we he was solid in limited playing time in 2018 and 2019. Spoken like someone who has seen five Dembele matches in his whole life

RoyH1

I don't think so. They're absolutely gassed and have too many injuries to be able to close this. Not to mention that they have no one to score goals if Benzema is having an off game.
This is Atletico's league to lose IMO.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
A draw was the better result for Real Madrid but that's assuming we can win our own games. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
In La Liga.
They drew 0-0 with Getafe about a week ago.

Can actually see Hazard's bulge scoring a couple to get over the line and Madridistas will be fawning over him all summer. Well Hazard era would deliver two titles out of two after all. :D