La liga 2022/23

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I wasn't nearly as annoyed with Barca winning the league, as i would have been if they got the defensive record, why, you may i ask?

Well, cause they were deserved winners of la liga, they simply didn't deserve to go down as the best defensive side in la liga history, cause actually, their defense is fairly average, decent at best.

At least some sanity to football was restored last few games.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I wasn't nearly as annoyed with Barca winning the league, as i would have been if they got the defensive record, why, you may i ask?

Well, cause they were deserved winners of la liga, they simply didn't deserve to go down as the best defensive side in la liga history, cause actually, their defense is fairly average, decent at best.

At least some sanity to football was restored last few games.
I think they were one of the more over performing defensive sides in recent football history and agree completely. Deserved La Liga winners, not an all time level defensive team.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Justice side with Madrid, Barça and Athletic and declares illegal the agreement with CVC

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
First game of the pre-season I’m watching (last 10 mins of the 1st half actually). Interesting line-up. Vini and Rodrygo up front but I don’t think it will work out this season. We need a proper #9. Mendy is finished, Fran Garcia has to have that spot on lock. Lots of energy in that midfield, but missing that bit of magic Kroos/Modric offer. Carvajal needs replacing as well but sadly that will be taken care of next summer at the earliest.

Also, why all these bums taking this game so serious :lol:

bosskeano

cracknig first half of football bw the teams....certainly has NO feel of being a preseason match

avgp_1

The game has a wonderful intensity. The quality of midfielders Madrid can bring on:houllier:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
First game of the pre-season I’m watching (last 10 mins of the 1st half actually). Interesting line-up. Vini and Rodrygo up front but I don’t think it will work out this season. We need a proper #9. Mendy is finished, Fran Garcia has to have that spot on lock. Lots of energy in that midfield, but missing that bit of magic Kroos/Modric offer. Carvajal needs replacing as well but sadly that will be taken care of next summer at the earliest.

Also, why all these bums taking this game so serious :lol:
I've always said Real Madrid needs Kane, not Mbappé (but please buy Mbappé and let us have Kane).

Also, some supporters don't realize how hard it's going to be to replace Modric/Kroos/Casemiro. Some very good prospects there obviously but the magic trio was something else, especially prime Modric.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if Vini’s production will fall without Benzema. He’s the alpha of Real Madrid’s attack now.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I wonder if Vini’s production will fall without Benzema. He’s the alpha of Real Madrid’s attack now.
It did in the past seasons, his stats were FAR better when Benzema was on the pitch, they had a great connection. We'll see if he evolves now, both for Real Madrid and Brazil (he's still very disapointing with his NT, at his age Neymar had 41 goals, Vinicius has...3).

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I've always said Real Madrid needs Kane, not Mbappé (but please buy Mbappé and let us have Kane).

Also, some supporters don't realize how hard it's going to be to replace Modric/Kroos/Casemiro. Some very good prospects there obviously but the magic trio was something else, especially prime Modric.
Sadly Perez is in love with Mbappe: the type of player we do not need. I’m still hoping he will extend tbh. Kane is no Benzema but there is simply no other option. Unless Endrick somehow turns up and does the job…

It was always going to be a tall order to replace KCM. I guess it is better than when we signed the likes of Khedira…but yeah. Casemiro is still fairly ‘easy’ to replace.

But Kroos and Modric….the control they give to the game. The new lot has a different skillset, but we will be weaker for sure. It’s gonna hurt when those two retire :(

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Sadly Perez is in love with Mbappe: the type of player we do not need. I’m still hoping he will extend tbh. Kane is no Benzema but there is simply no other option. Unless Endrick somehow turns up and does the job…

It was always going to be a tall order to replace KCM. I guess it is better than when we signed the likes of Khedira…but yeah. Casemiro is still fairly ‘easy’ to replace.

But Kroos and Modric….the control they give to the game. The new lot has a different skillset, but we will be weaker for sure. It’s gonna hurt when those two retire :(
I still think Mbappé will join Real Madrid this summer but it's only a guess. Considering the profile of the new players, Real Madrid will need to become a transition team, I don't see any way around that. It'll be a very different philosophy for Real because they'll go from having one or 2 great box players (Ronaldo+Benzema, Raul or Van Nistelroy before that even if they were versatile).

Yeah, Casemiro while very good was the easiest element to replace (even if no one really replace him, Tchouameni is a very different player) but boy prime Modric and Kroos? They were amazing (I love Modric).

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
People give Xavi shit but he does well with the squad he has tbf. Keeps beating Ancelotti.

Both teams havent really advanced from last season going by this game. Real can’t score and leak goals. Barca, despite giving away plenty of chances, do not concede. The latter won them the league last year, if they can keep that up (and I don’t see why not) they’ll win the league again.

Our problems still haven’t been fixed. Midfield has plenty of quality that Carlo is not able to tap into. RB/RW is still an issue. Militao and Alaba are struggling.

But most of all: the attack. Vini needs to see a therapist or something. He has 0 self-control and loses his so many times. And it is so easy to get to him. Rodrygo doesn’t have that at all.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I still think Mbappé will join Real Madrid this summer but it's only a guess. Considering the profile of the new players, Real Madrid will need to become a transition team, I don't see any way around that. It'll be a very different philosophy for Real because they'll go from having one or 2 great box players (Ronaldo+Benzema, Raul or Van Nistelroy before that even if they were versatile).

Yeah, Casemiro while very good was the easiest element to replace (even if no one really replace him, Tchouameni is a very different player) but boy prime Modric and Kroos? They were amazing (I love Modric).
He better get firing and make it worth all the. trouble & money. Need a leader in attack and goals. It is amazing how that previous squad fitted so well together come to think of it. BBC + KCM and Isco. Not to mention the backs we had with Marcelo and Carvajal, paired with Pepe/Varane-Ramos. Some lightning in a bottle stuff. Fair play to Perez keeping the finances in check, building the new stadium and getting all the talents but…I fear it just isn’t going to live up to the expectations. Certainly not with Carlo. This is like a squad custom made for Klopp…

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He better get firing and make it worth all the. trouble & money. Need a leader in attack and goals. It is amazing how that previous squad fitted so well together come to think of it. BBC + KCM and Isco. Not to mention the backs we had with Marcelo and Carvajal, paired with Pepe/Varane-Ramos. Some lightning in a bottle stuff. Fair play to Perez keeping the finances in check, building the new stadium and getting all the talents but…I fear it just isn’t going to live up to the expectations. Certainly not with Carlo. This is like a squad custom made for Klopp…
The 2016/2017 team was insane, top3 player at every position. Mental lineup.

chamartin

People give Xavi shit but he does well with the squad he has tbf. Keeps beating Ancelotti.

Both teams havent really advanced from last season going by this game. Real can’t score and leak goals. Barca, despite giving away plenty of chances, do not concede. The latter won them the league last year, if they can keep that up (and I don’t see why not) they’ll win the league again.

Our problems still haven’t been fixed. Midfield has plenty of quality that Carlo is not able to tap into. RB/RW is still an issue. Militao and Alaba are struggling.

But most of all: the attack. Vini needs to see a therapist or something. He has 0 self-control and loses his so many times. And it is so easy to get to him. Rodrygo doesn’t have that at all.
Man it's just a preseason and you are panicking. Real Madrid had 28 shots tonight, hit the woodwork 5 times, missed 6 big chances, missed a penalty. It happens. Mbappe is coming soon so problem with goals will be solved. Vinicius just can't play in the center. As soon as he switched to the left he started to wreak havoc.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Man it's just a preseason and you are panicking. Real Madrid had 28 shots tonight, hit the woodwork 5 times, missed 6 big chances, missed a penalty. It happens. Mbappe is coming soon so problem with goals will be solved. Vinicius just can't play in the center. As soon as he switched to the left he started to wreak havoc.
I just finished watching the highlights and I was very surprised because in spite of the result it was mostly about Real Madrid attacking Barcelona's area. That scoreline is very misleading and as you said it's a pre-season friendly.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I just finished watching the highlights and I was very surprised because in spite of the result it was mostly about Real Madrid attacking Barcelona's area. That scoreline is very misleading and as you said it's a pre-season friendly.

I think you could have a similar season to Bayern’s last one if you don’t get in Mbappe. Susceptible defense and a lack at 9.
And while I get the focus on Mbappe (and I believe you will get him next year at the latest) I wonder how he will coexist with Vini.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona

Madrid didn't deserve to lose just like they didn't deserve to win the last champions league they won but that's how football is.

chamartin

Now you are comparing one friendly game to Champions League. Madrid deserved to win it because they outscored best teams in Europe. Stop crying about it.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid didn't deserve to lose just like they didn't deserve to win the last champions league they won but that's how football is.
Traditionally the purpose of a pre-season friendly was to get the team prepared for the competitive games, try new things and see the vibes new signings/formations etc transmit. I still see it the same way in spite of the evolution associated with making big teams play each other so early in the season so I don't care much about which team deserved to lose or win. For instance, I don't think City fans are concerned at all with their loss against Atletico yesterday. But since a 3-0 result is normally indicative of a team being very superior to the other I thought it was interesting to share my views on the game itself to counter the idea that the losing team would transmit very bad vibes.

In a competitive game I do care about the result a lot as do the teams participating in it. It's a completely different concept.