La Liga 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure not our preferred 11 but that is partly on the board giving us fecking Joselu in attack and no proper backs for 5 seasons.

Ideally we sack Carlo now and get Zizou to finish the season. The latter was way better at setting up defense and doesn’t do weird stuff in big games.

Zidane is a very pragmatic and astute coach who deserves more credit than he has been given (yes, even more). As you say, with limitations in attack he would have sorted the defense first like he did in 2019/20 and tried to get the most out of the chances in attack. With Carlo you seem to see loads of problems everywhere and you don't even know where to start.

And of course Florentino should be blamed for the lack of a proper 9 indeed. It is not acceptable to have Joselu as the only available striker in the squad. I know he is waiting for Mbappe and he's scared of signing another Jovic, but this is still not tolerable.

Zidane is a very pragmatic and astute coach who deserves more credit than he has been given (yes, even more). As you say, with limitations in attack he would have sorted the defense first like he did in 2019/20 and tried to get the most out of the chances in attack. With Carlo you seem to see loads of problems everywhere and you don't even know where to start.

And of course Florentino should be blamed for the lack of a proper 9 indeed. It is not acceptable to have Joselu as the only available striker in the squad. I know he is waiting for Mbappe and he's scared of signing another Jovic, but this is still not tolerable.

Yeah that second Zidane stint was mostly due to the ridicilous amount of injuries and players aging terribly. Don’t think anyone blames Zidane, he still almost got us the title back to back.

We could get much more out of the squad with him. Get Alonso next season.

And 100% Mbappe will feck over Perez again. Book it.

Rodrygo has shown he is a supersub and not starting 11 quality. Should’ve really taken his chance but has done nothing with it. Bummer.

At the moment there is no one else beside him to be a candidate for playing 11. So he can't even be substituted when he plays bad.

I don't think Rodrygo is the problem. The problem is the formation and the lack of quality offensiv players. Our main forward is Joselu who was a replacement for Mariano.

At the moment there is no one else beside him to be a candidate for playing 11. So he can't even be substituted when he plays bad.

I don't think Rodrygo is the problem. The problem is the formation and the lack of quality offensiv players. Our main forward is Joselu who was a replacement for Mariano.
Yeah I’m not sure a guy who had 19 goals and 11 assists across all competitions last season is the most pressing issue right now.
They simply lack the firepower alongside him, even with Vini back, they will have no depth across their front 3

Carlo again playing his favourite formation from the 2000s? Is his first sub usually a new fullback too?
I think it's a temporary formation because Vinicius got injured. He hasn't used it enough to see a clear pattern with substitutions I think but it makes sense that full backs get substituted because they have to make a big effort with these tactics.

Real should have launched a bid for Julian Alvarez last summer. Only Joselu as the out and out striker simply isn’t good enough.

This obsession over Mbappe is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, especially when Vini is there.

Good to know that Getafe plays now also in red jerseys. That said, Ter Stegen gifted them both goals today and we concede too easy this season. 7 goals in 8 games, last season we had 7 goals conceded in 18 games. Xavi needs to work on that.

Good to know that Getafe plays now also in red jerseys. That said, Ter Stegen gifted them both goals today and we concede too easy this season. 7 goals in 8 games, last season we had 7 goals conceded in 18 games. Xavi needs to work on that.

That wasn't because of some exceptional defending, you should've conceded much more last season. Things are just returning to normal this season.

Cause teams kept shooting straight at Ter Stegen or wide all the time, not cause you actually were any good at defending.

If you genuinely think that's a penalty, your opinion on what should be a penalty and not becomes useless. I know you're a Barca fan, but come on.. blatant dive.

I actually don’t think it’s a penalty to be honest, the ref was correct. I’m just pointing out the opposing coach did.

Anyone watching Madrid, not a great game but Guillem Ballague as a co-commentator. He asked a quiz question about which one of the Las Palmas coaches coaching Messi.

Nobody cares, the main commentator keeps ignoring him and Ballbag keeps bringing it up and won't give him an answer.

That attack of ours is just comical.

Quite a quick turnaround from Girona. 2 quick goals and they lead now at Villareal

Barcelona vs Sevilla today at 9 hours local time.

In a statement, Sevilla have lashed out against Barça after the new indictment for alleged bribery in the Negreira case and have announced the directors won't be present in the ceremonial acts nor in the stadium today.

Good game this. Cancelo and Joao Felix have been great signings for Barca.

Fermín (20) is a player to follow his evolution. He has a lot of quality with the ball in small spaces, good passing, good shot, good reading of the game and decision making.

F7R-D-UX0AAOVhL

Midfield should be Tchouameni, Valverde, Kroos, Bellingham with Camavinga as left back vs Girona.

Girona is currently in second position and Real Madrid in third position. If there is no draw today whoever wins will become the leader.

Girona misses twice 5 meters from goal, now they're 0-2 behind. That's football for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.