La Liga 2023/24

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Ancelotti loves to surprise himself with the line ups, isnt he.. Real badly need a new coach..

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He always comes up with some stupid formations for big games that bite us in the ass.

Alaba is a liability this season. Should not play.
Cama should always play, Kroos only works for teams that do nothing but sit back. It also forces Tchouameni to play differently when Kroos is next to him.
If you insist on playing Kroos, just move Cama to LB. Mendy and Garcia are poor.

Even if Joselu hadn’t been ill, he would have started Rodrygo who has been incredibly poor. Joselu shoud not be in our starting 11, but Rodrygo even less so at this moment.
Defensively, Mendy is one of the best in the world. He relieves Vini a lot

wr8_utd

:'(
Xavi did the smart thing not playing Cancelo at full back vs Vini. The match has been rather meh but Fermin really should have scored the second.

wr8_utd

:'(
This ref is giving absolutely no fouls to either team. Letting everything go.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Clown stuff from us, especially Vini. Or maybe Carlo and his stupid tactics.

eire-red

You'd expect a bit more quality on show from these two, and a huge drop off from watching 5 years ago.

I find it hard to even enjoy watching anything to do with Barcelona as a neutral. The most detestable club.

GinobiliTheGOAT

You'd expect a bit more quality on show from these two, and a huge drop off from watching 5 years ago.

I find it hard to even enjoy watching anything to do with Barcelona as a neutral. The most detestable club.
then stop watching, problem solved

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca favoured by Rolling Stones momentum.

Bellingham in Yoko Ono mode.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Love it, he’s been surprisingly good although Torres at the end of half got off easy
Just a yellow no? Don’t think there is anything more to it. Ref only fecked up with some players literally throwing themselves to the ground. Like Gavi. He doesn’t give any to Vini, as he shouldn’t. Ref isn’t really doing anything wrong.

Xavi figured Carlo out for the n-th time. And as I suspected, the likes of Alaba fecking up.

Vini will get sold at this rate. Some clown shit for weeks now. One thing to get worked up when it is racial abuse. Very understandable.

But his attitude on the pitch…Ronaldo levels. And not in a good way.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Just a yellow no? Don’t think there is anything more to it. Ref only fecked up with some players literally throwing themselves to the ground. Like Gavi. He doesn’t give any to Vini, as he shouldn’t. Ref isn’t really doing anything wrong.

Xavi figured Carlo out for the n-th time. And as I suspected, the likes of Alaba fecking up.

Vini will get sold at this rate. Some clown shit for weeks now. One thing to get worked up when it is racial abuse. Very understandable.

But his attitude on the pitch…Ronaldo levels. And not in a good way.
I feel like torres “tackle” on vini was totally unnecessary, no play on the ball but maybe I’m being harsh.

carvajal has been very good for you guys today. Vini seems off but honestly, only being a goal down isn’t the worst. I’m expecting Madrid to be much better in second half. I hope all of the pressing does have Barca in heavy legs in the final 20 minutes.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
This diamond shape of Real is pretty dysfunctional.

I understand that he tries to fit all these midfielders and mask the fact that he does not have a top striker, but it exposes other weaknesses.

It’s a very difficult system to play. They would need top class energetic full backs who should run up and down and surely a different attacker who can hold the ball and offer another dimension instead of Rodrygo. Barcelona now just easily closed mark and fouled Bellingham and Vini and that’s it. I would sub Joselu for Rodrygo and Camavinga for Kroos.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I feel like torres “tackle” on vini was totally unnecessary, no play on the ball but maybe I’m being harsh.

carvajal has been very good for you guys today. Vini seems off but honestly, only being a goal down isn’t the worst. I’m expecting Madrid to be much better in second half. I hope all of the pressing does have Barca in heavy legs in the final 20 minutes.
Meh, he just stopped a counter. Maybe not something you see often done in that manner but yellow was fine.

Carva been our best player yeah. There is no fire/desire/spirit. Pair that with the shit tactics and players shitting the bed like Vini….yeah I’ll take the 1-0. But knowing us, Barca will score 2 more when we go broke the last 10 mins or so.

Oranges038

Shows the level of interest there is in La Liga when this is on a Saturday afternoon amongst the rest of the riff raff.

Zed is not dead

Shows the level of interest there is in La Liga when this is on a Saturday afternoon amongst the rest of the riff raff.
I used to enjoy watching La Liga because there was always a very good technical level.
But there’s been a huge dropoff in quality for a season or two. It’s basically become a shithouse league, where teams multiply fouls and foul play.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would watch it like I always used to if it was on Sky Sports still. I can't justify buying another tv package to watch football

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Same level of play as that riff raff as well tbf.

Oranges038

I would watch it like I always used to if it was on Sky Sports still. I can't justify buying another tv package to watch football
Iptv is your friend. Even then, I can't make myself to watch La Liga.

SB16

The dropoff in quality in this fixture compared to even 5 years ago is incredible. Nowhere near the same intensity, sense of rivalry, or even anticipation in the buildup.

Oranges038

I used to enjoy watching La Liga because there was always a very good technical level.
But there’s been a huge dropoff in quality for a season or two. It’s basically become a shithouse league, where teams multiply fouls and foul play.
I've tried to watch it. It's awful.

We've had a few Spanish exchange students playing at our club the last couple of years and even they said they don't really bother watching it outside of Barca vs Real.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Great goal but again a terrible performance from us in a big game.

SB16

Also, El Clasicos played in the sunshine just don't have the same vibe