La Liga 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodrygo is having a blast today, 2nd goal, both of them great quality.

Almost removes Joselu's brainfart from my memory, but not quite.

Cadiz 0 - 3 Real Madrid

Very good game by Rodrygo today with 2 goals and Bellingham scores again in his return.

find Rodrygo one of the most fun players to watch in the game today, when he’s on song

find Rodrygo one of the most fun players to watch in the game today, when he’s on song
He was unbelievable. That was as good as anything I've seen from Vinicious. He's still not as good as him or Bellingham but if he keeps playing like that, he'll be right up there. They could be a frightening 3 behind Mbappe if he ever signs.

Big game for Girona here. Savio is excellent, gets by players so easily. Reminds me a bit of Giggs but a bit more direct.

Girona can win this league. This seemed like the Leicester vs Villa match. They could well fall apart but sometimes teams just get momentum and it can last a season.

Nice comeback by Girona, we will see how long they can keep it up though.

Amazing stuff from Girona. They'll finish comfortably in the CL places imo.

Michel certainly going on to better things as manager, can remember him as stylish midfielder for Rayo Vallecano in the early 2000s.

Obviously your gonna win the league but you reckon of there chances for top 4?

They are 10 points ahead of Athletic so it wouldn't be surprising to see them finish in top 4 with Atletico, Barcelona and Madrid (not necessarily in that order).

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Granada.

Brahim scores after an absolutely masterful pass by legendary Tony Kroos.

Bellingham almost scored the second.

Real taking it easy which makes sense. Need that second one though.

I do miss Cama and Tchou in midfield. And Joselu looks lost.

Real taking it easy which makes sense. Need that second one though.

I do miss Cama and Tchou in midfield. And Joselu looks lost.
Yeah, they're in third gear. Once them 2 are back as well as Vinicious, it should allow Bellingham to play as a false 9. Getting Weghorst vibes from Joselu, he's really not at the level of his teammates.

Yeah, they're in third gear. Once them 2 are back as well as Vinicious, it should allow Bellingham to play as a false 9. Getting Weghorst vibes from Joselu, he's really not at the level of his teammates.

He is not and was never supposed to play this much. Vini out injured twice now for a long time and he is all we have…ugh.

Great pass by Bellingham to Valverde but the goalkeeper makes a good save.

I simply cannot root for Girona. They are simply one more vehicle of the City Football Group.

The early season has been shockingly good for Real Madrid.

Lost Militao and Courtois to season-long injuries, sold Benzema and Asensio, and Vinicius Jr. has missed 1/3rd of all games.

The result? 33 goals scored and 9 goals conceded in the league after 15 games, 5/5 wins and +8 GD in the Champions League.

Carlo's hustling for that contract renewal.

Sevilla is going to have two consecutive seasons in which they sack the manager twice.

Barca are in no form at all or else this would have been a game to really look forward to vs Atleti.

Barca are in no form at all or else this would have been a game to really look forward to vs Atleti.

Atletico still won't win, not a single away league victory since 2006 or something, form doesn't matter much here.

Expect a routine 2-1 or 1-0 for Barca here.

Last edited:
Atletico still won't win, not a single league victory since 2006 or something, form doesn't matter much here.

Expect a routine 2-1 or 1-0 for Barca here.
Its not the Camp Nou so I really don't think its set in stone. I expect Atleti's brilliant attack to cause Barca a lot of trouble here.

Lost Militao and Courtois to season-long injuries, sold Benzema and Asensio, and Vinicius Jr. has missed 1/3rd of all games.

The result? 33 goals scored and 9 goals conceded in the league after 15 games, 5/5 wins and +8 GD in the Champions League.

Better start than expected indeed, given the injuries and lack of #9. But Carlo has a thing for starting strong and ending with nothing.

It has exceptionally good considering we don't have a striker. :lol:

Barca should already have been in front, Lewandowski with a huge miss.

Never trust Atletico in these games, folks.

Barca should already have been in front, Lewandowski with a huge miss.

Never trust Atletico in these games, folks.

Still salty we lost to them. Mainly thanks to Alaba gifting goals left and right and Carlo holding onto Kroos-Modric but still.

Still salty we lost to them. Mainly thanks to Alaba gifting goals left and right and Carlo holding onto Kroos-Modric but still.

Meh, can't win every game, off-game to the max.

At least we will shake off Atletico after this match, or best case a draw, so both fall behind.

Ofcourse Felix would be the one to score. Won't be surprised to see Griezmann score at the other end.

Lewa is so slow these days, no acceleration.

Barcelona the much superior team this first half.

I was under the impression Atletico were playing less conservative football this season because of results with many scored goals in their favor, but if that is the case, they haven't shown anything of that today.

I was under the impression Atletico were playing less conservative football this season because of results with many scored goals in their favor, but if that is the case, they haven't shown anything of that today.

Form and such doesn't matter much in this fixture though, Atletico have a mental block.

They've been extremely attacking and pleasing on the eye going forward for most of 2023 but like @Morty_ said, seems to be a bit of a mental block vs Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.