La Liga/Serie A/BuLi Draft - 1st Rd MJJ/VivaJanuzaj vs Downcast/KirkDuyt

Who will win with player peaks in the specified leagues (not career peaks)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJJ

It's against the spirit of the game, picking up player and hoping scan voters to vote based on his peak; regardless how good actually the player on his qualified league.
I think we need to include the league in the original line up to avoid this happening but it says so in the poll as well.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think we need to include the league in the original line up to avoid this happening but it says so in the poll as well.
Yes. It is mentioned. But for players like (for instance) Ozil and Carvajal, hard to know how they played in Germany. I know it is not the manager fault for voters lack of knowledge, but I see the exploitation of that for scan voters.

Seems like most managers do actually read posts in here by others who are familiar with those players, though. And it's refreshing to know how well certain players do in certain league, I give you that. Also, seems like most managers don't condone above act, so yeah.. I have no point to make :(

MJJ

Yes. It is mentioned. But for players like (for instance) Ozil and Carvajal, hard to know how they played in Germany. I know it is not the manager fault for voters lack of knowledge, but I see the exploitation of that for scan voters.

Seems like most managers do actually read posts in here by others who are familiar with those players, though. And it's refreshing to know how well certain players do in certain league, I give you that. Also, seems like most managers don't condone above act, so yeah.. I have no point to make :(
:lol: I agree in that case.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

I'm surprised because all the information was provided in my 1st post.

If you look at the text about Ozil: you have the league, historicity, stats, biography & video about his performances with Bremen.

OM: Özil – Bundesliga 2006/2010 - League peak with Bremen (2008/10): 55 assists & 16 goals in 108 matches

Özil started his senior career at hometown club Schalke in the Bundesliga in 2006, transferred to Werder Bremen in 2008 and was signed by Real Madrid in August 2010 following his break-out performance at the 2010 FIFA World Cup with Germany. He was the joint-highest assist provider at both the 2010 FIFA World Cup. As the key playmaker of Werder Bremen, he managed to make a significant impact in most games and helped lead the North German club to the 2009 DFB-Pokal with the winning goal in a 1–0 victory over Bayer Leverkusen. He also excelled in Europe where he led Bremen to the final of the last ever UEFA Cup, losing out to Shakhtar Donetsk. During the 2009–10 season, Özil was also declared as the "best player of the first half of the season".

Some achievements: DFB-Pokal in 2009, Europa League Runner-up in 2009, DFB-Pokal Runner-up in 2010 & nomination for the Golden Ball Award awarded to the 2010 WC best player. 70 caps with Germany. WC winner.

VivaJanuzaj

That looks like more of a salmon pink alert
:lol:
I loved the all capitals and red font to make it look shocking news. Didn't feel it was a proud thing to prove - that Neymar can score 2 out of 6 goals for Barcelona at home against Getafe, or that Muller can score 2 out of 5 for Bayern at home against Werder Bremen. Neither change anything regarding this match really

VivaJanuzaj

Congrats @VivaJanuzaj @MJJ Appreciate the punchy battle.

Thanks to my tifosi

@Donaldo @KM @SambaBoy @Ish @Edgar Allan Pillow @|Neo|x @paulscholes18 @BigDunc9 @Mciahel Goodman @MyOnlySolskjaer @BBRBB

I will come-back stronger tomorrow !
cheers mate, I really hope you don't think it reached any personal levels at any time I feel it was a healthy tussle, but a tussle alright.
For future reference, I'd advise you to try and give me reliable sources to back your claims. For example Heinrich, who isn't well known to all the posters deserves better than a wiki link claiming he is versatile, or the source of Yaya's rating in the CL final from a blog - these aren't reliable and shouldn't be used to make arguments - which you manage to do brilliantly without them.

Was interesting, I'm sure you'll become a force in these. Good game mate.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Entertaining game, @Downcast :lol:. I like your style. Although i can't still forgive you for allowing Gio to get Nedved.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For example Heinrich, who isn't well known to all the posters deserves better than a wiki link claiming he is versatile
To be honest, several drafters still do this when making player profiles, so it's not like Downcast is the only one guilty of that.

However, those wiki "Style of Play" passages or similar are good starting indicators when discovering new players. Nothing beats actual match footage though.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Congrats guys. A hard fought, but deserved win.
Now, I understand why Sneijder & the Dutch people lost the WC final in 2010 ;)

cheers mate, I really hope you don't think it reached any personal levels at any time I feel it was a healthy tussle, but a tussle alright.
For future reference, I'd advise you to try and give me reliable sources to back your claims. For example Heinrich, who isn't well known to all the posters deserves better than a wiki link claiming he is versatile, or the source of Yaya's rating in the CL final from a blog - these aren't reliable and shouldn't be used to make arguments - which you manage to do brilliantly without them.

Was interesting, I'm sure you'll become a force in these. Good game mate.
It's just a game for me so don't worry mate. But, I have to admit I admire your bad faith :D

Otherwise, thank you for the advice Mister TRANSFERMARKT* ©

* The only authorized source of information - 2016 ©

Entertaining game, @Downcast :lol:. I like your style. Although i can't still forgive you for allowing Gio to get Nedved.
Thanks but I have allowed you to recruit a good RB :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Now, I understand why Sneijder & the Dutch people lost the WC final in 2010 ;)
Sneijder's freekick in minute 118 was deflected and should've been a corner. Spain scored from that wrongly given goalkick. THAT's why we lost. Okay I admit De Jong's challenge on Xabi MIGHT have warranted a slightly redder card than it got, but hey, objectivity is for computers.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sneijder's freekick in minute 118 was deflected and should've been a corner. Spain scored from that wrongly given goalkick. THAT's why we lost. Okay I admit De Jong's challenge on Xabi MIGHT have warranted a slightly redder card than it got, but hey, objectivity is for computers.
I was just teasing you!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But I never said he was only a LM, I said he was mostly a LM and according to transfermarkt he played the vast majority of his games as a LM, a small portion as Left inside back and very few as LWB or LB. Actually about a few dozen together in his entire Dortmund career.
A bit late, but after digging a bit into the transfermarkt and kicker databases about the 80's, it has to be said that often these positions aren't 100% accurate or at least open to interpretation. It seems to be quite random when a player's position is called left midfield or left wingback or leftback in these older formations which often are some variation of a back three/back five. Reuter at right wingback for example is treated similarly with his main position at transfermarkt called 'right midfield' and his secondary positions 'sweeper' and 'defensive midfield'. Reuter was quite clearly a rightback/right wingback though, at least in the common definition we usually use here. (Until very late in his career when he infact played as a libero/sweeper/dm).

Descriptions in articles can be a lot more accurate than databases like transfermarkt. In this case, I think you were spot on regarding the type of player Heinrich was, but it was more coincidence considering how you came to the conclusion ;).

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

A bit late, but after digging a bit into the transfermarkt and kicker databases about the 80's, it has to be said that often these positions aren't 100% accurate or at least open to interpretation. It seems to be quite random when a players position is called left midfield or left wingback or leftback in these older formations which often are some variation of a back three/back five. Reuter at right wingback for example is treated similarly with his main position at transfermarkt called 'right midfield' and his secundary positions 'sweeper' and 'defensive midfield'. Reuter was quite clearly a rightback/right wingback though, at least in the common definition we usually use here. (Until very late in his career when he infact played as a libero/sweeper/dm).

Descriptions in articles can be a lot more accurate than databases like transfermarkt. In this case, I think you were spot on regarding the type of player Heinrich was, but it was more coincidence considering how you came to the conclusion ;).
I see.
Than I stand corrected @Downcast .
@Balu I have to say from researching for this draft it was really hard to find concrete material on a lot of german players because the majority of it is written in Deutsch so it's hard to google it without speaking the language. Do you have any sites recommended for reading about legendary bundesliga players?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I have a bit german, hardly fluent but I think between google translate and the little German that I have I can work it out, if I could just find the bloody articles :lol: :lol:
Well, there's not one site with lots of article, but usually google + player name should give you something. 11 Freunde has many articles/interviews with former players, there are many football/fan blogs with sometimes great articles. If you don't find something directly about the player, then start looking into the teams he played for.

In general the Bundesliga is less covered than the other big leagues, which sadly sucks. A good indicator is how few quality compilations of players you can find on youtube. I've been looking for good videos about Häßler for example, but there's nothing, zilch. Same with Dunga despite his sensational form at Stuttgart. You find videos about their exploits with the nationalteam, but in the league? Nope. You'll get whole games with them playing, but no one has bothered to cut them into highlight videos that people would actually watch :lol:.

So yeah, it's a bigger challenge. Maybe we really should do a Bundesliga draft in the near future and build on what we've done now. If people are interested of course, because it might be a bit more work for the managers.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Maybe we really should do a Bundesliga draft in the near future and build on what we've done now
"tag Balu to receive an information about your team" draft