La Liga/Serie A/BuLi Draft - 1st Rd MJJ/VivaJanuzaj vs Downcast/KirkDuyt

Who will win with player peaks in the specified leagues (not career peaks)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VivaJanuzaj

@VivaJanuzaj as usual :D

He is versatile because he started his career at the age of 17 as an offensive midfielder and many years later used to play as a versatile player who work hard for the team. Stankovic is not Gattuso because he is multi-skilled.
A. His wiki page doesn't prove anything.
B. I'll concede that he is able to play CM, but no doubt he's not in his best position, like half the other players you have on the pitch.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yes, Downcast has some brilliant players going forward and it's team's quality upfront is unquestionable, but they are facing CL winners Carvajal Abidal & Walter Samuel with the magnificent Thiago Silva. On the other side, Robinho-Muller-Eto'o which is as good is facing a LM, Julio Cesar(which is a Brazilian CB who shone in a generation of poor Brazilian CBs), Matterazzi the loose cannon and Maicon who is much more offensive than defensive. Which attack is more fit to score against their respective opponents? And moreover, which midfield is more likely to create the chances to it's attack? Both questions must be Team MJJ/VivaJ
Try being at least a little bit objective :lol::nono:

Also, Carvajal is not a CL winner yet - he is just a young and promising attacking fullback. And Maicon was magnificent defensively - there was a reason why he was picked ahead of the peak Dani Alves for Brazil RB spot (well, not in this game maybe, as he played for Serbia :lol:)

VivaJanuzaj

Is this Bundesliga Carvajal and Khedira ? @VivaJanuzaj
Bundesliga both.
Carvajal for his only season in Bayer Leverkuzen which made Madrid run back and buy him back after selling him just a year before as B team's captain. Carvajal's only season in the Bundesliga was brilliant, he was named 3rd best Bundesliga RB of the season after Lahm and Uchida and got them back to CL position after being a key player.
Khedira does exactly the same role in all clubs, the hard working midfielder running constantly from back to front dispossessing midfielders and breaking up attacks, he was top notch at Stuttgart and was played a part in their for a first and only Bundesliga title since 1992.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hard to decide... I prefer DownKuyt attack and MJJ/Viva defense.
#2 - Thiago Silva is not an issue for Neymar
(Barcelona-PSG below)

Indeed Thiago Silva is not very good at defending against Neymar from the stands. :D

VivaJanuzaj

Try being at least a little bit objective :lol::nono:

Also, Carvajal is not a CL winner yet - he is just a young and promising attacking fullback. And Maicon was magnificent defensively - there was a reason why he was picked ahead of the peak Dani Alves for Brazil RB spot (well, not in this game maybe, as he played for Serbia :lol:)
True about Carvajal, got carried away. Just a season before though :)
Maicon is good defensively, not nearly as good as he is offensively though.

YAYA TOURE

Yaya Toure - in his actual best position in the team he actually excelled in.

Khedira ? Bundesliga ? :lol:

Edit: Sorry
Classy, but not as funny as Ozil from Bundesliga at CAM or Heinrich as LB.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
True about Carvajal, got carried away. Just a season before though :)
Maicon is good defensively, not nearly as good as he is offensively though.

Yaya Toure - in his actual best position in the team he actually excelled in.

Classy, but not as funny as Ozil from Bundesliga at CAM or Heinrich as LB.
LEAGUE PEAK my friend :)

Please wait: I have something for you ;)

VivaJanuzaj

And talk about the elephant in the room - Marco Materazzi

One of the dirtiest players in recent years, trying to somehow cope with Samuel Eto'o at his prime. I see very high odds on him getting red carded here.

VivaJanuzaj

And talk about the elephant in the room - Marco Materazzi

One of the dirtiest players in recent years, trying to somehow cope with Samuel Eto'o at his prime. I see very high odds on him getting red carded here.
:lol: the amount of gifs you can make from this video is uncanny

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Hard to decide... I prefer DownKuyt attack and MJJ/Viva defense.

Indeed Thiago Silva is not very good at defending against Neymar from the stands. :D
I do appreciate Thiago Silva but not a shame to be beaten by Neymar, the impossible dream for PSG owners as you know ;)

VivaJanuzaj

Neymar is apparently god and will destroy both Carvajal who was bought to Madrid with thoughts of dealing Neymar AND destroying Thiago Silva while Muller isn't doing too much damage against a LM playing LB

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Should Materazzi not be on the left of the central defensive partnership? He's got a lovely left peg and you'd want to use it to its fullest effect.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I do appreciate Thiago Silva but not a shame to be beaten by Neymar, the impossible dream for PSG owners as you know ;)
My point is Neymar was facing DL/Marquinhos that game, the lovely 2014 2-1 at Nou Camp would be a better example. ;)

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Should Materazzi not be on the left of the central defensive partnership? He's got a lovely left peg and you'd want to use it to its fullest effect.
You are certainly right: didn't check that.

Eto'o is a golden player so I guess Materrazzi will follow him everywhere while Julio Cesar will provide support of course.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Samuel Etoo used to score a lot when being part of the Legendary Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Henry.

Here, Etoo would mainly rely on Sneijder to have long balls and use his speed and Muller maybe.

Hard to assess the synergies between Muller & the other offensive players.

VivaJanuzaj

I thought me and @Skizzo were bad enough but this is a straight bitch fight here :lol: Both teams at it tooth nail and claws!
It's kind of annoying to be completely honest, we've got some real downplaying some of our players like Eto'o Sneijder or Guardiola while incredibly overplaying some of his like Heinrich who is out of position or Yaya Toure who is out of his peak position and backing it up with "facts" from open blogs and wikipedia while ignoring the transfermarkt's facts.

VivaJanuzaj

Samuel Etoo used to score a lot when being part of the Legendary Barcelona with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Henry.

Here, Etoo would mainly rely on Sneijder to have long balls and use his speed and Muller maybe.

Hard to assess the synergies between Muller & the other offensive players.
Seriously??
We will dominate possession as we have far more gifted midfielders with the ball, so we will definitely not rely on "Sneijder to have long balls" to Eto'o.

And you can't asses synergies between Muller & the other offensive players? Does that even mean anything? Is it a criticism that has any basis for it or just a statement that Muller won't be good with his fellow attackers? Because than I can say Neymar is used to score a lot when being a part of Legendery Barcelona players like Suarez, Messi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Busquets

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It's kind of annoying to be completely honest, we've got some real downplaying some of our players like Eto'o Sneijder or Guardiola while incredibly overplaying some of his like Heinrich who is out of position or Yaya Toure who is out of his peak position and backing it up with "facts" from open blogs and wikipedia while ignoring the transfermarkt's facts.
You were only focused on players of the 2000s & 2010s.

I did want to highlight former players having a peak in the 90s.

To win the Champion's League is an honour, even in 1997.

VivaJanuzaj

Are you seriously claiming Sneijder is this poor men's AM? This guy was a monster who led Inter to the treble and one of the best in the world for a couple of years, much better than anything creative you have.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I discuss your strategy, not the quality of your players.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Seriously??
We will dominate possession as we have far more gifted midfielders with the ball, so we will definitely not rely on "Sneijder to have long balls" to Eto'o.
Misunderstanding.

Sneijder & Guardiola were wonderful provider of assists. Muller is of course excellent.

With Barcelona, Etoo could rely on more providers of assists so you can't expect the same performances here.

VivaJanuzaj

I discuss your strategy, not the quality of your players.
Than you completely ignore it, because I don't see how you can think we are going to do this:
When we said this in our tactics:
Our midfield is very all round and is built to keep possession between Sneijder & Guardiola.

Misunderstanding.

Sneijder & Guardiola were wonderful provider of assists. Muller is of course excellent.

With Barcelona, Etoo could rely on more providers of assists so you can't expect the same performances here.
Sneijder Guardiola & Muller are all better passers than Anyone Else in Your team!