La Liga/Serie A/BuLi Draft - QF Enigma_87/Snow vs Aldo/The Stain

Who will win with player peaks in the specified leagues (not career peaks)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Great battle guys.

On the one hand, fantastic midfield. I am sure Edgar David will be recruited soon :wenger:
On the other hand, a proven & successful offensive strategy (Golden age of Milan AC).

Of course, the winner should strengthen his midfield/defence.

Enigma_87

You know who
Good game, @Enigma_87 @Snow

Remember, arguments in the game stays on the pitch, no grudges held. You have a very good team and behalf of Aldo, we wish you all the best going forward.

Good luck, guys.
No grudges held at all mate. Same to @Aldo. As someone noted I also think you probably had the best team after the first round. It would be fair for either team to go through and pity we met that early. I think you held pretty well to your point and strengths and put some valid points so full credit and respect for that.

All the best guys.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
From the write-up:

lol

lol

lol

lol

Modric and Schneider, now Luiz Gustavo. Also, lolol.

So your pressing us most of the time but in our arguments you said you're defending deep to hit us on the counter? lol

I mean..
:lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Good game, @Enigma_87 @Snow

Remember, arguments in the game stays on the pitch, no grudges held. You have a very good team and behalf of Aldo, we wish you all the best going forward.

Good luck, guys.
Good game. Arguments stay on the pitch of course. The thread is full of exaggerations which is natural when votes are involved.

Why would you assume today's refereeing standards will apply to the match? And for that matter, why would you assume that a player like Montero wouldn't be able to adapt to modern refereeing if he were magically transformed into a modern-day version of himself?

Are you saying, say, Scirea would be absolutely fecked in the modern game because he'd keep on passing back to the keeper?

You've made this point before, and it's not a very convincing one given the nature of what we're doing here. Where do you propose we draw the line? Montero is too outdated - so where exactly?
No, I didn't assume that. Point was that even for the standards back in the day it was a player that got into trouble. To compare it to today's defenders is necessary because you get a better comparison regarding a player's discipline.

Regarding Scirea, that would depend how good he was on the ball in general. I certainly would hold it against him if he was poor on the ball and got away with it because he could pass it back to the keeper. That's an argument relevant up until 1990.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I disagree with what looks like your premise: This isn't even about the evolution of the game - technically, tactically, physically - it is a mere rule change which was implemented to combat certain tendencies that were considered detrimental to entertainment value.

You're effectively using a current rule against a player who had no reason to adapt his game to such a rule. If this player was poor on the ball, he'd still be poor on the ball. But he'd adapt to the rule, and his poor quality on the ball wouldn't be a greater problem for him in 2016 than it was in 1982.