Lack of quality in depth

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Our lack of quality in depth is honestly frightening. Pogba and McTominay missing with injury in midfield and we are left with Fred and Pereira, the worst midfield in the league by far. Martial injured earlier in the season, nobody to replace him either without throwing Greenwood in the deep end, which will just hurt his development being thrown into this mess. Defense it gets even worse, players like Phil Jones who it was obvious to everyone 5 years ago that he isn't good enough.

Honestly no excuse to head into this Season with the plan of using Youth players exclusively for depth up front and not replacing the departures of Herrera and Fellaini in midfield. A plan rooted in idealism rather than reality.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We're playing Sheffield. Depth doesn't matter jack's shit here I'm afraid.

Our players are dogshit and can feck off, make no mistake.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't feel like there's much point in making a thread about this tbh.

We're in rebuild and we've genuinely stripped to the bare bones because there's so much dross.

Yes it's obvious we should've gotten in more players in summer but I'm inclined to say that the money isn't there for it.

It's painful but this is just where we're at right now. Suck it up.

Much as I don't think Ole is ultimately the best manager, I also don't think he's so stupid to accept that this is the team going forward and we're not going to get replacements in. I also don't believe Ed and the Glazers are so fecking bad that they don't know this too. Whether they stick with whatever plan is in place or stump up the cash to follow it through properly I don't know but this whole season is quite obviously day zero for this rebuild.

Superden

How many sheff utd players would even get into our squad, on paper.? And yet they are running rings around us. Its not about spending millions more, its about having some sort of management / coaching structure that produces...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our midfield is an embarrassment both in starters and in back up. Blow it up and start over. Pogba is quality when fit and in form... which is all too infrequent. We can't have so much inconsistency and such a lack of quality there throughout.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
We all know how light we are all over the pitch, this season was pre-determined August. Squad quality aside, we're not even nearly matching Sheff U for effort, which just can't be excused.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How many sheff utd players would even get into our squad, on paper.? And yet they are running rings around us. Its not about spending millions more, its about having some sort of management / coaching structure that produces...
Well today tbf their midfield would easily replace ours. Andreas Pereira is probably the worst "starting" midfielder in the league. Not even exaggerating. The guy is a completely dog shit footballer.

MonkeysMagic

Are you really saying that Sheff Utd have more quality then us? Whilst we don't have PL winning team, the fact that Sheff Utd are running rings around our team is the utterly pathetic coaching of our team. There is nothing, and I will repeat, nothing in Ole's coaching that makes me believe he should be coaching in PL let alone Utd.

Are you really saying that Sheff Utd have more quality then us? Whilst we don't have PL winning team, the fact that Sheff Utd are running rings around our team is the utterly pathetic coaching of our team. There is nothing, and I will repeat, nothing in Ole's coaching that makes me believe he should be coaching in PL let alone Utd.
This is the frustrating thing, so many are making out we have a worse squad than for example Sheff United. If we do, it's OGS fault, and if we don't (we don't) it's the fecking coaching. Quite clearly Sheff U are much much better drilled than us.

Either way you look at it, OGS either gutted the squad and left us worse, or he is a shit coach. The truth is both.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Our reserve should be able to put on a better display against Sheffield United if they were properly coached.

I don’t believe we lack quality in depth. We just have some key injury in midfield that forced some of our subsidiary players to be push to the first eleven. We only really need three quality players to have a very strong team.

without Pogba:

defense
Tonali
Mctominay - Fabian Ruiz
Sancho - Martial - Rashford

defense
Mctominay - Fabian Ruiz
Sancho ——————— Rashy
Haland - Martial