Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

statpadder

RIP. Hits more because she was such a source of strength for SAF during our best years.

Sad news

Flying high

It was telling how often the boss would credit his wife. She must have been quite a force to keep him in line!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.
This hits hard. I lost my grandmother a few years ago and my grandfather has been a different person since so I completely get what you mean. It's incredibly sad watching them change.

Seveneric

R.I.P

When one considers the great man himself is 80+, and how losing one's long-term partner at old age can affect a person, I really hope he has more years left.

bstb3

Ah no, that's really sad news. RIP Cathy and deep thoughts and support for SAF and the rest of the family. Hopefully the supporters tomorrow can give appropriate respects and support to the big man.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
RIP. It was down to hear we got 11 more amazing years under that great man.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wow did that feel like a punch in the gut. I’m genuinely gutted for the great man. Rest in peace.

Black armbands and a minutes silence tomorrow is a must.

Jericho

Glad he retired when he did if it meant they spent more time together.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
RIP. Lady Cathy

I hope the club gives Fergie some active role to help him fill that void. Otherwise, it may not be long for him either.

Chairman Steve

RIP

Hope they had a good decade of his retirement together. She seemed to be a pretty good wife considering she wasn’t into football from what I recall and letting him work until he was 70, despite him pretty much doing everything at 60.

cj_sparky

RIP Cathy

Hit surprisingly hard, knowing how Sir Alex spoke of her and how important she was. Thoughts with the great man and his family.

NZT-One

Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.
Experienced the same thing in my family. Lets keep the focus on her though. She deserves it and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. It is a sad occasion as it is.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Terrible news, RIP Lady Cathy Ferguson.

Agreed on the sentiment that it's great Ferguson retired at a good time to enjoy time with his family.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
She seemed to be a pretty good wife considering she wasn’t into football from what I recall and letting him work until he was 70, despite pretty much doing everything at 60.
I believe she was instrumental in convincing Fergie to not retire in the early 2000's? She's been an invisible force this whole time!

Born2Lose

Very sad, I'm sure SAF has no regrets in leaving when he did to spend more time with her.

TrueRed79

Very sad for the family. Sixty years together is a great innings. RIP

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I believe she was instrumental in convincing Fergie to not retire in the early 2000's? She's been an invisible force this whole time!
She woke him up from a nap and said ‘you’re not bloody retiring if this is the alternative’. Behind every great man etc…

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Rest in peace, it's such a shame that Sir Alex couldn't spend more of his retirement with her. I feel sorry for their children, losing a parent leaves a massive void in your life

FujiVice

He'll be lost without her. He adored her from the moment he met her.

Chairman Steve

I may be wrong but it was more to do with ‘I’m not having you moping around the house when clearly want to be involved’ than Cathy being your average joe United fan.

Sir Bobby Robson was apparently instrumental too, where he basically told him to not retire for the sake of it and keep going if you enjoy it.