Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

The side netting

As Manchester United fans, we probably owe Cathy more than she's ever been credited for.

It became quite apparent watching the Beckham documentary on Netflix, especially the Gary Neville snippets, how Ferguson approached running the club. Basically wanting players to have a good family life and partners, with solid foundations and support. As Neville said, he created a team of 'mini-me's'.

Well if you trace that philosophy back, it leads to Cathy. Ferguson had that attitude because he had it at home with his wife, he wouldn't have installed it in the team otherwise and it spilled onto the pitch and the success we had for 20 years.

We owe her a lot.

RIP Cathy and condolences to Alex and his family.

Reactions: Penna

davidmichael

Such sad news, the club and us fans owe Lady Cathy a hell of a lot and I just hope Sir Alex will cope without her.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I see that we are wearing black arm bands, was there anything done before the match in honor of Lady Cathy?

Banana Republic

A Scot steps up and wins if for Cathy!

Deep into Fergie time. It was written.

Well played Scott McTominay!
I thought that at the end.
One symbolic, great big one for Sir Alex, even if it wasn’t intended to be that way.

Deepest sympathy and thoughts for Fergie.
His heart must be torn out.
R.I.P Lady Ferguson and thanks for being the rock that supported one of our club’s greatest, if not greatest ever servants.

The Oracle

A Scot steps up and wins if for Cathy!

Deep into Fergie time. It was written.

Well played Scott McTominay!
Came here to say the same.

Condolences to the Ferguson family.

Rest In Peace Lady Cathy.

There is a saying that behind every great man is a great woman, so in that sense thank you for being the great woman behind the great man himself, Sir Alex Ferguson - the man whom has given me some of the best times of my life.
Thank you again.

Tyrion

A round of applause before the players appeared on the field.
Good. Its pretty rare there's a tribute for an individual who wasn't actually an employee at the club but SAFs whole family deserves it, especially her.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
That’s something I am also fearful of. I really want Fergie to see us as PL champions again.

RIP Lady Cathy
The pure joy of Sir Matt Busby's face that fantastic day in May 1993 was a sight to behold.

Sir Alex is too old for another 26 year wait, we need to get our act together soon.

Last edited:

Tribec

The poor joy of Sir Matt Busby's face that fantastic day in May 1993 was a sight to behold.

Sir Alex is too old for another 26 year wait, we need to get our act together soon.
I didn't see his joy till I got home from the game and saw it on Match of the Day, even now I think of how happy it had made him and then the photo's in the dressing room with Fergie, Bobby, him and the trophy. Still touches a nerve when I see it now.

FujiVice

Anyone else thinking about Sir Alex tonight? He'd have been out there with them before the match for occasions like this, knowing how much he loved Bobby. Spare a thought for the great man.