Las Vegas Monopoly Draft

Deleted member 101472

I think it might be an idea to randomize everyone from where they are at right now , just so there's no obvious advantage as one side of the board.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
yeah. Surprising that both Pele and Maradona are 1st round exits.

Best-Pele-Garrincha would be cheating though. I may have to fix the rolls :lol:
Meh, they are well-known bottlers, Nilton-Figueroa-Desailly-Cafu ate them for lunch not so long ago, with Zito keeping tabs on Di Stefano :D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think it might be an idea to randomize everyone from where they are at right now , just so there's no obvious advantage as one side of the board.
Not really, you are wherever you ended up. If it's at the end of a "good section" that would have been of benefit in the prior round, maybe not as much in terms of the quality still available (some boxes still had it) but the breadth of options allowing for completing a side nicely with your last roll (5-6-7 come to mind).

Furthermore, you can chose whether you will play the next roll, so it's really about how quickly you can/can't get to a certain box. (I'm assuming here that even if you pass the next roll for picking purposes your position on the board DOES change @Edgar Allan Pillow )

harms

Staff
I assumed it did but checked the rules and wasn't clear there. It makes no sense to pass or not otherwise, what would you base that decision on? Mystic Meg?
Yeah, that's why I asked about it earlier and Edgar explained in more detail. You move every turn, but pick only when you choose to (unless you've got box #13, then you lose a player anyway and it counts as a successful turn)

Deleted member 101472

Not really, you are wherever you ended up. If it's at the end of a "good section" that would have been of benefit in the prior round, maybe not as much in terms of the quality still available (some boxes still had it) but the breadth of options allowing for completing a side nicely with your last roll (5-6-7 come to mind).

Furthermore, you can chose whether you will play the next roll, so it's really about how quickly you can/can't get to a certain box. (I'm assuming here that even if you pass the next roll for picking purposes your position on the board DOES change @Edgar Allan Pillow )
Ahhh I was thinking if you didn't take your first role you just stayed where you were.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What about if you land at box #1?
Relax and take a shit, wrap it up in newspaper, chuck it at Edgar if you lose in the next round.

Unless you are very unlucky with your roll, chances are you would have gone for a pass in that roll anyway.

Enigma_87

You know who
If you are playing that turn, then it'll be a successful role with no picks for you. You'll only have 1 reinforcement opportunity there.
got it.

Relax and take a shit, wrap it up in newspaper, chuck it at Edgar if you lose in the next round.

Unless you are very unlucky with your roll, chances are you would have gone for a pass in that roll anyway.
They actually have a paid service for that nowadays.

Reinforcement Start

harms

Staff

MANAGERS IN PLAY:
  1. MJJ/VivaJ - 1. G. Best 2. Garrincha 3. A$ Cole 4. D. Edwards 5. Law 6. D. Blanchflower 7. Sagnol 8. Passarella 9. Toldo 10. Overath 11. Ruggeri 12. Scirea 13. Drogba 14. Irwin |finished drafting in Box 2 on a 6|
  2. Skizzo/Annah - 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. Neeskens 3. Rivera 4. Lahm 5. Giggs 6. Bergomi 7. Courtois 8. Alexis Sanchez 9. Schwarzenbeck 10. I Netto 11. Leonidas 12. Clodoaldo 13. Mazzola 14. Julinho |finished drafting in Box 7|
  3. Enigma_87 - 1. Ronaldinho 2. Xavi 3. Souness 4. B Schuster 5. Dani Alves 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Desailly 8. A Erico 9. van Persie 10. Akinfeev 11. Chumpitaz 12. Kaká 13. Júlio César 14. David Villa |finished drafting in Box 22|
  4. Tuppet - 1.C. Ronaldo 2. J. Cruyff 3. Krol 4. Vieira 5. Griezmann 6. Fabregas 7. Hamrin 8. Pirlo 9. Suurbier 10. Ze Roberto 11. Bossis 12. Walter Samuel 13. Yashin 14. Tardelli |finished drafting in Box 6 on a 7|
  5. DavidG - 1. F Baresi 2. Cafu 3. J Charles 4. Beckham 5. Vidic 6. Carlos 7. Bale 8. Gullit 9. De Rossi 10. Hugo Sanchez 11. Hugo Lloris 12. M. Dembele 13. C. Seedorf 14. S. Maier |finished drafting in Box 6 on a 7|
  6. harms - 1 J Bozsik 2. B Charlton 3. Brehme 4. Zico 5. Vogts 6. Romario 7. T Finney 8. P McGrath 9. P Jennings 10. Ribery 11. D Da Guia 12. Kante 13. F. Hierro 14. M. Hummels |finished drafting in Box 11|
  7. Jayvin - 1. R. Ferdinand 2. Neymar 3. Facchetti 4. M. Platini 5. De Gea 6. Roy Keane 7. Thuram 8. T Henry 9. A Robben 10. E. Davids 11. Rooney 12. Kocsis 13. Zmuda 14. P. Schmeichel |finished drafting in Box 2|
  8. Pat_Mustard - 1. L Matthaus 2. E Figueroa 3. Rivaldo 4. D Alaba 5. J Johnstone 6. P Falcao 7. E Hazard 8. Dzajic 9. R Falcao 10. Amoros 11. Evra 12. J Oblak 13. Uwe Seeler 14. Blankenburg |finished drafting in Box 15 on two 7s|

REINFORCEMENT POOL:
  1. Chesterlestreet - 1. J Zanetti 2. A. Di Stefano 3. Djemba-Djemba 4. J Kohler 5. N Santos 6. L Blanc 7. A Simonsen 8. R Rensenbrink 9. N Matić 10. C Makélélé 11. Vidal 12. Giles 13. Van der Sar 14. Lerby
  2. Aldo - 1. Pelé 2. L Figo 3. F. Redondo 4. van Basten 5. A Hansen 6. A Shesternyov 7. McGrain 8. Essien 9. Joya 10. O Más 11. I Viktor 12. R Rodriguez 13. A Demyanenko 14. J Mascherano
  3. P-Nut - 1. F. Totti 2. Iniesta 3. M. Laudrup 4. Nedved 5. Scholes 6. Lizarazu 7. Messi 8. Carlos Alberto 9. Kahn 10. X. Alonso 11. J. Boateng 12. Schevchenko 13. Varane 14. R. van Nistelrooy
  4. Joga/mazhar13 - 1. F. Rijkaard 2. F. Puskas 3. S. Eto'O 4. Ballack 5. Schweinsteiger 6. Boniek 7. Rui Patricio 8. JL Andrade 9. Cambiasso 10. Kopa 11. Cannavaro 12. Arbeloa 13. Carvalho 14. R Donadoni
  5. crappy - 1. M. Neuer 2. Z. Zidane 3. KH. Rummenigge 4. G. Müller 5. Reuter 6. W. van Hanegem 7. Nesta 8. Czibor 9. Kompany 10. Sammer 11. Camacho 12. Luis Suárez Miramontes 13. Aubameyang 14. Puyol
  6. Raees/Invictus - 1. B. Moore 2. Masopust 3. P. Čech 4. R. Baggio 5. Didi 6. J. Stam 7. Jairzinho 8. Banks 9. L. Diarra 10. Maicon 11. E. Abidal 12. B. Bremner 13. Lewandowski 14. S. Busquets
  7. Onenil - 1. Maradona 2. L Ronaldo 3. Kroos 4. Breitner 5. Marzolini 6. Burgnich 7. M Materazzi 8. Miranda 9. Luis Suarez (URU) 10. Handanovic 11. Zizinho 12. Gentile 13. Prohaska 14. Lucio
  8. RedTiger/Sjor Bepo/Marty - 1. P Maldini 2. D Santos 3. Stoichkov 4. KH. Förster 5. Eusebio 6. Robson 7. T Müller 8. Ziege 9. T Cubillas 10. Casillas 11. Stielike 12. Javi Martínez 13. MA Nadal 14. Rep

@Edgar Allan Pillow

I'm game in the first roll btw

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
So here we go...reinforcements.

Just to recap:
- Open pool (Reinforcement pool above + any undrafted players)
- There are 4 turns of which every manager has to play 2. Post in format below on which 2 rounds you want to play.
- Irrespective of whether you play or not you will move places around the board.
- Landing on 1 and 13 will be considered valid (if you're playing that roll) but you would miss/drop a player.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
So here we go...reinforcements.

Just to recap:
- Open pool (Reinforcement pool above + any undrafted players)
- There are 4 turns of which every manager has to play 2. Post in format below on which 2 rounds you want to play.
- Irrespective of whether you play or not you will move places around the board.
- Landing on 1 and 13 will be considered valid (if you're playing that roll) but you would miss/drop a player.
I'm on two 7s at the moment, so I assume I'd forego my chance at a free pick if I passed on Round One and ended up rolling a 3 or 7? If so, sign me up for Roll 1.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
So if I pass the roll, does it still counts toward the Holier than thou (3 consecutive 7s/3s) rule ? @Edgar Allan Pillow
I'm on two 7s at the moment, so I assume I'd forego my chance at a free pick if I passed on Round One and ended up rolling a 3 or 7? If so, sign me up for Roll 1.
Nah, lucky strikes are done with initial drafting. Here's it's just what you roll. Playing roll 1?

Moby

Dick
No exclusions.
May I ask the reason for the change? Thought the system of excluding first two rounds was pretty sound and would probably be a mainstay in most drafts as it has worked really well so far, especially in an all time one. Of course I'm not a part of this one anymore so this is nothing but me being curious.

Tuppet

Nah, lucky strikes are done with initial drafting. Here's it's just what you roll. Playing roll 1?
Oh thats weird, thought thats why we marked what number we last rolled. Ok in that case I'll play the first roll.
May I ask the reason for the change? Thought the system of excluding first two rounds was pretty sound and would probably be a mainstay in most drafts as it has worked really well so far, especially in an all time one. Of course I'm not a part of this one anymore so this is nothing but me being curious.
I agree, it was fun to see all of the big 4 Maradona, Pele, Messi & Di Stefano getting out in the first round and not involved in the draft further. But more importantly I am not a fan of changing rules while the draft is in progress.

Not that I mind if I can land a Worldie during reinforcement.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Just too complex to manage. Many have dropped/been robbed their first picks, so their "first" pick currently is technically their 2nd or 3rd picks. So it becomes confusing to even define what the 'first' pick is. Just too much to be worth the trouble to define them.

I agree, it was fun to see all of the big 4 Maradona, Pele, Messi & Di Stefano getting out in the first round and not involved in the draft further. But more importantly I am not a fan of changing rules while the draft is in progress.
I'm usually against it too, but in a new draft it becomes inevitable. This is quite a complex one to run and certain situations arise that needs to be handled without ruining the draft balance. The changes will be kept to minimum.

Tuppet

Just too complex to manage. Many have dropped/been robbed their first picks, so their "first" pick currently is technically their 2nd or 3rd picks. So it becomes confusing to even define what the 'first' pick is. Just too much to be worth the trouble to define them.
Cool, that make sense. Also I am in for roll 1, any chance I can get it now (Got a bit of free time at work) may be on PM.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Pat_Mustard - 1. L Matthaus 2. E Figueroa 3. Rivaldo 4. D Alaba 5. J Johnstone 6. P Falcao 7. E Hazard 8. Dzajic 9. R Falcao 10. Amoros 11. Evra 12. J Oblak 13. Uwe Seeler 14. Blankenburg |finished drafting in Box 15 on two 7s|
Bastard! :mad:

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
MJJ/Viva -
Skizzo/Annah - Pass
Enigma -
Tuppet - Play
DavidG -
harms - Play
Jayvin - Play
PatMustard -

Deleted member 101472