Las Vegas Monopoly Draft

Final QF Teams

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
  • MJJ/VivaJ - 1. G. Best 2. Garrincha 3. A$ Cole 4. D. Edwards 5. Law 6. D. Blanchflower 7. Sagnol 8. Passarella 9. Toldo 10. Overath 11. Ruggeri 12. Scirea 13. Drogba 14. Irwin 15. Di Stefano 16. N/A
  • Skizzo/Annah - 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. Neeskens 3. Rivera 4. Lahm 5. Giggs 6. Bergomi 7. Courtois 8. Alexis Sanchez 9. Schwarzenbeck 10. I Netto 11. Leonidas 12. Clodoaldo 13. Mazzola 14. Julinho 15. Maradona 16. Suarez
  • Enigma_87 - 1. Ronaldinho 2. Xavi 3. Souness 4. B Schuster 5. Dani Alves 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Desailly 8. A Erico 9. van Persie 10. Akinfeev 11. Chumpitaz 12. Kaká 13. Júlio César 14. David Villa 15. L. Ronaldo 16. Eusebio
  • Tuppet - 1.C. Ronaldo 2. J. Cruyff 3. Krol 4. Vieira 5. Griezmann 6. Fabregas 7. Hamrin 8. Pirlo 9. Suurbier 10. Ze Roberto 11. Bossis 12. Walter Samuel 13. Yashin 14. Tardelli 15. Messi 16. L Blanc
  • DavidG - 1. F Baresi 2. Cafu 3. J Charles 4. Beckham 5. Vidic 6. Carlos 7. Bale 8. Gullit 9. De Rossi 10. Hugo Sanchez 11. Hugo Lloris 12. M. Dembele 13. C. Seedorf 14. S. Maier 15. Pele 16. N/A
  • harms - 1 J Bozsik 2. B Charlton 3. Brehme 4. Zico 5. Vogts 6. Romario 7. T Finney 8. P McGrath 9. P Jennings 10. Ribery 11. D Da Guia 12. Kante 13. F. Hierro 14. M. Hummels 15. F. Rijkaard 16. A. Nesta
  • Jayvin - 1. R. Ferdinand 2. Neymar 3. Facchetti 4. M. Platini 5. De Gea 6. Roy Keane 7. Thuram 8. T Henry 9. A Robben 10. E. Davids 11. Rooney 12. Kocsis 13. Zmuda 14. P. Schmeichel 15. J. Stam 16. Jairzonho
  • Pat_Mustard - 1. L Matthaus 2. E Figueroa 3. Rivaldo 4. D Alaba 5. J Johnstone 6. P Falcao 7. E Hazard 8. Dzajic 9. R Falcao 10. Amoros 11. Evra 12. J Oblak 13. Uwe Seeler 14. Blankenburg 15. Dasayev 16. P. Maldini

Moby

Dick
How about this @Aldo?

SUBS: Domingos Da Guia, Claude Makelele, Didí, Zé Roberto, Uwe Seeler
Looks good, though might need a write up to get around all the combinations. Probably agree with Gio that maybe a more traditional winger on the left who'd cross the ball with Marco in the middle would be better than an playmaker. Marco definitely had a better setup to get the best out of him in the last round. :p

VivaJanuzaj

I'm of a (alcohol induced) good mind to scrap next round reinforcements and introduce a 'reality' injury round. A random player (non GK) of the winners playing 11 gets injured next round with no reinforcements available :keano:
Yeah could work, although next time I recommend keeping the amount of picks for each manager the same. We had some luck in the early rounds so won't hurt us too much getting only one player but second upgrade could've been useful.

@MJJ @VivaJanuzaj

Tuesday would be good for me, or Sunday maybe. What works for you guys?
This time we'll wait to see if MJJ can make it as it's really his team

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Looks good, though might need a write up to get around all the combinations. Probably agree with Gio that maybe a more traditional winger on the left who'd cross the ball with Marco in the middle would be better than an playmaker. Marco definitely had a better setup to get the best out of him in the last round. :p
Which is why I said I didn't need a Seeler upgrade but Facchetti to tandem with Rivelino. Nilton isn't too shabby a like-for-like replacement and it means he is back together with Djalma :drool:

Moby

Dick
Which is why I said I didn't need a Seeler upgrade but Facchetti to tandem with Rivelino. Nilton isn't too shabby a like-for-like replacement and it means he is back together with Djalma :drool:
I was looking at it the other way, don't mind Andrade but a rather traditional winger there instead of Rivelino (for now, as I haven't read what his exact role is and how he fits with others etc). Giggsy there?

antohan

I was looking at it the other way, don't mind Andrade but a rather traditional winger there instead of Rivelino (for now, as I haven't read what his exact role is and how he fits with others etc). Giggsy there?
Thing is I really like having a traditional winger on one side and an overlapping fullback 1-2 combo on the other, always have. Always tend to do it on the left for obvious reasons, and Rivelino suits that kind of combo superbly.

One thing is clear, I meed both options: the classic winger (Dzajic/Joya/Giggs) to pair with Andrade, and the Facchetti/Santos/Bobby C to pair up with Rivelino when I can be (or need to be) more adventurous.

Moby

Dick
Thing is I really like having a traditional winger on one side and an overlapping fullback 1-2 combo on the other, always have. Always tend to do it on the left for obvious reasons, and Rivelino suits that kind of combo superbly.
Zona Mista basically?

I'm more a United man. Solid back 4, flying wingers on both sides even if not identical in styles, two up top.
It's what Marco loved playing in the most, as well, to be fair.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah, I'm not actually a big fan of proper wingers on both sides, particularly in any side that wants to get a hold of the ball. Most drafts usually end for me ranting away about how full-backs overlap on the outside channel while most modern wingers or wide attackers will cut into the inside-left/right channels. Ultimately you want a mix so you've got all angles of attack, all five channels of the park, covered and not duplicated.

antohan

Zona Mista basically?
I suppose. To be honest, I never linked it to that system, which I see largely as a defensive system, but to a preference to mix things up when attacking.

But then, I'm a counterattacker by nature (Uruguay's DNA), loved Juve in the 80s and have always been fascinated by Grande Inter, so that's probably where it comes from indeed.

I'm more a United man. Solid back 4, flying wingers on both sides even if not identical in styles, two up top.
It's what Marco loved playing in the most, as well, to be fair.
I love watching that. In full flight it is far more entertaining, but not as effective or adaptable.

Enigma_87

You know who
QF Matches:
  1. MJJ/Viva vs Jayvin
  2. Pat_Mustard vs Skizzo/Annah
  3. Tuppet vs harms

Sat, 05-Nov:
Sun, 07-Nov:
Mon, 08-Nov:
Tue, 09-Nov: Enigma vs DavidG
Wed, 10-Nov:
Thu, 11-Nov: