League Cup - 4th round

minoo-utd

But I dont think Poch threw it?
Don't know but have a feeling that this Spurs side can win some silverware he could have started with this IDK but he made real good side and needs to win something yes challenging on the title and doing well in C.L is good but I think this guy can do more with the side he generated just a thought.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The League cup is only 6 games! It also finishes well before the end of the season. It also involves half the games being against cannon fodder. Its like saying going far in the FA cup will hurt your chances of getting top 4.

The only competition that hurts your chances of top 4 significantly is European football, because you have to travel a lot and play some very good teams.

West ham are a shambolic team this season, they've been getting tonked every other game. Spurs somehow managed to let them score 3 against them in 15 minutes.

Bwuk

I think Spurs should of played a strong side and went out to win it.

Ferguson said how important it was for the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo to win the league cup in 05/06, to get used to winning trophies.

Spurs haven't won anything in years, and it'd be a good boost for the squads confidence to show they can deal with pressure.

I think this Spurs side is full of fantastic players, but none of them have won anything yet. It isn't easy to deal with the pressure of winning.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Even the sides that usually win it play weakened sides at this point of the League Cup. They had a decent side out there they just did not do the business this time.

ti vu

The League cup is only 6 games! It also finishes well before the end of the season. It also involves half the games being against cannon fodder. Its like saying going far in the FA cup will hurt your chances of getting top 4.

The only competition that hurts your chances of top 4 significantly is European football, because you have to travel a lot and play some very good teams.

West ham are a shambolic team this season, they've been getting tonked every other game. Spurs somehow managed to let them score 3 against them in 15 minutes.
FA Cup does has more side effect in season end business as FA tries to squeeze that game before European finals, which leave very little time between games, especially for EL teams.

Agree that League Cup is a tournament that doesn't burden teams as much and is a moment boost for the winner toward the second half of the season.

ChrisNelson

Apparently West Ham were 100/1 to win when they were 2-1 down! Fantastic comeback to be fair, especially for a side so short on confidence. I hope it inspires them to carry on where they left off at Palace on Saturday.

Baby Groot

We are still trailing Liverpool by 3 in this so winning another cannot be bad thing.
But should also win FA cup we are trailing Arsenal by 1
We should also win Premier League because we want our Throphy back.

Beside the fact League Cup, FA cup and Premier League(+ the old first division) has never been won in the same season.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We are still trailing Liverpool by 3 in this so winning another cannot be bad thing.
But should also win FA cup we are trailing Arsenal by 1
We should also win Premier League because we want our Throphy back.

Beside the fact League Cup, FA cup and Premier League(+ the old first division) has never been won in the same season.
We should also win CL, we are trailing Liverpool by 2

breakout67

Supports
Man City
FA Cup does has more side effect in season end business as FA tries to squeeze that game before European finals, which leave very little time between games, especially for EL teams.

Agree that League Cup is a tournament that doesn't burden teams as much and is a moment boost for the winner toward the second half of the season.
Yes agreed, FA cup will affect you if you make it to the final. But Tottenham used a strong team in the FA cup so even they think that they should not be hindered by it

JSArsenal

I've said this before, look a cup is important but competing for the title is more important for us. It's due to where we are as a club, if we finished 6 but won the LC it would be a step backward. We need to be seen as a competing team in the PL, it's how football is right now. We're not United who are massive no matter how they do for a few seasons.
Why does it have to be top 4 or win a trophy? If Spurs want to call themselves a big club then they should be doing both. At any rate ask any Arsenal fan which means more, beating Chelsea to win the FA cup or that time we beat Newcastle on the last day to finish top 4? Liverpool competed for the title a few years and ago and even further back, but then they struggled to get in the top 4. Ac Milan won Serie A a few years back and dropped off dramatically afterwards. Its one thing to concentrate and build for the future but Spurs still need to win trophies in the here and now.

I think Premier League clubs are too obsessed with the Premier League and using it as a barometer of success in general. No one but Spurs fans will remember who finished second last season but they will remember who won the Premier League, Fa Cup, League Cup and European Trophies.

As far as I'm concerned, Spurs could finish in and around the top 4 till the end of time as long as they don't win anything and we keep on winning trophies.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I think Spurs should of played a strong side and went out to win it.

Ferguson said how important it was for the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo to win the league cup in 05/06, to get used to winning trophies.

Spurs haven't won anything in years, and it'd be a good boost for the squads confidence to show they can deal with pressure.

I think this Spurs side is full of fantastic players, but none of them have won anything yet. It isn't easy to deal with the pressure of winning.
Good point about it being a teams first trophy but it is not always valid.

A very good young Liverpool side won it in 1995 . Stevie Mac , Jones , Macateer ( I think ) , Redknapp , Fowler etc. Won feck all after it.

The same could be said about our 2001 side too.

Djemba-Djemba

Good point about it being a teams first trophy but it is not always valid.

A very good young Liverpool side won it in 1995 . Stevie Mac , Jones , Macateer ( I think ) , Redknapp , Fowler etc. Won feck all after it.

The same could be said about our 2001 side too.
Did you prefer that 2001 season or your 2009 one?

Genuine question.

I think in years to come Spurs fans would look back with more fondness at them winning a few cups than finishing 3rd or 2nd a few times.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Did you prefer that 2001 season or your 2009 one?

Genuine question.

I think in years to come Spurs fans would look back with more fondness at them winning a few cups than finishing 3rd or 2nd a few times.
The 2009 side was better , had better players and played better football. They won feck all though so that tips the balance a little back to the 2001 one side.

To answer your question that final month of the 2001 side was incredible. We left Cardiff on the Saturday and went to Dortmund via two days in Amsterdam . Left Dortmund the day after the game and had two more days in Amsterdam. Most lads will agree with me on this . The actual football match only plays a small percentage in why we travel to see our team. Especially European aways.

Djemba-Djemba

The 2009 side was better , had better players and played better football. They won feck all though so that tips the balance a little back to the 2001 one side.

To answer your question that final month of the 2001 side was incredible. We left Cardiff on the Saturday and went to Dortmund via two days in Amsterdam . Left Dortmund the day after the game and had two more days in Amsterdam. Most lads will agree with me on this . The actual football match only plays a small percentage in why we travel to see our team. Especially European aways.
That's why I think even if it doesn't lead to them winning the title or the European Cup, it's still important for Spurs to actually start winning stuff.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
That's why I think even if it doesn't lead to them winning the title or the European Cup, it's still important for Spurs to actually start winning stuff.
It is important to get the first one out the way but that doesn't guarantee that the team will go onto greater things.