League Cup - Semi-final draw

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
They're buying these decisions. Tin foil hat, sure. And I know it's unpopular way to think, and I accept that, but just way, WAY too much is going their way.

FFP should be all over them, they're not. Every decision goes their way. Every draw they get is absolutely the most piss-easy option it could be.
this is pure cringe

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
City are so jammy getting that team who just beat us, who will probably play out if their skins to get to Wembley. Bah, curse their luck.

Seriously. City would twat Chelsea or Arsenal over two legs. Bristol City will throw everything at them, like they did to us. They'll probably still twat them too, but it didn't really matter who City got.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Complaining about City drawing the team that just knocked you out, after City played an away game to a PL side. You couldn’t make it up. Lucky buggers, you.
Exactly! It was up to us to beat Bristol and we failed.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
...precisely. My point is, the draw is clearly not fixed in any side's favour, and if any team's fans are going to bemoan another sides luck, it's pretty bizarre that it's United.
Of course the draw isn't fixed, however City are still lucky they're playing Bristol City over two legs in the semi final when they could have been playing Arsenal or Chelsea instead

I don't see how anybody can dispute that that's good fortune?

AXVnee7

Why are people complaining about them getting Bristol?

If we did our job tonight that fixture would be against us, and we’d have our opportunity to knock them out.

It’s nothing to do with City. They did their part, we did not.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
City notoriously get the worst possible draws, group of death almost yearly in the champions league, no team outside the top two leagues in something like 50+ domestic cup draws now (!). Yes this season we've had better luck with the last couple of draws with Basel & now Bristol - but even the FA Cup we have the hardest draw of any PL team. Even the last round you look at Arsenal/Chelsea/City/United & we had easily the hardest match.

It's a nice change to finally get a couple of lucky draws, but to suggest these 2 draws make up for the other bits of crazy bad luck is a little laughable.
Aye, I'm sure Everton are looking at your home draw against Burnley and thanking their lucky stars that wasn't them.

Edit: And Burnley fecking visiting you lot ffs

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Of course the draw isn't fixed, however City are still lucky they're playing Bristol City over two legs in the semi final when they could have been playing Arsenal or Chelsea instead

In isolation it’s lucky, sure. But we aren’t getting ALL the luck. The last round draw proves that. So the “City are so lucky” meltdown from some deserves a bit of a poke. I don’t see how anybody can dispute that?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Aye, I'm sure Everton are looking at your home draw against Burnley and thanking their lucky stars that wasn't them.

Burnley are closer to United than United are to City. It’s one of the harder draws for sure. Poke

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

It is good fortune, same way it was good fortune that United got to play them while we had to go to Leicester (on paper, anyway).

charlenefan

It is good fortune, same way it was good fortune that United got to play them while we had to go to Leicester (on paper, anyway).
Good Fortune is a synonym of Luck so I'm glad we're now in agreement

I'm really not sure why you keep mentioning Man Utd though, for all you know I could be a Chelsea supporter

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's a weird competition. Anything but a win sucks about it. Had we won now and gone through only to lose in the semis or the finals it would be way worse. There's no prestige in reaching the final so it's a Ricky Bobby situation.

That being said the fixtures for us or the semi-finalists don't look so bad this year but looking at our cup runs last season you saw how it took it's toll.

rique_don

Fecking new City would get Bristol, seriously when is their luck going to run out?
Really, bro? City are handling their business. Knocking out all before them. We are not. That's why we are where we are. They've earned their 'luck'. Whatever that is.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
Tbh I fancy us or Chelsea to beat City in the final.

MJJ

They're buying these decisions. Tin foil hat, sure. And I know it's unpopular way to think, and I accept that, but just way, WAY too much is going their way.

FFP should be all over them, they're not. Every decision goes their way. Every draw they get is absolutely the most piss-easy option it could be.
Like playing Leicester over Bristol?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Good Fortune is a synonym of Luck so I'm glad we're now in agreement

I'm really not sure why you keep mentioning Man Utd though, for all you know I could be a Chelsea supporter
Be a bit weird for a Chelsea supporter to amass over 13,000 posts pretending to be a United fan, then again you could be the original Orc.

charlenefan

Be a bit weird for a Chelsea supporter to amass over 13,000 posts pretending to be a United fan, then again you could be the original Orc.
Point being you're arguing my point based on who I support which is irrelevant, Man Utd could have had home games against League One sides all the way through the competition and I'd still think City would be lucky to get Bristol in a two legged semi final when they could have got Arsenal or Chelsea instead

Stability

Supports
Manchester City

Yeah I meant out of the "bigger" teams of course - otherwise you'd say Burnley had the toughest draw out of PL teams. Burnley are 6th in the PL currently, 6th vs 1st is clearly the "toughest" game from all the FA cup draws. And City away to Leicester was clearly the toughest draw of the last round in the League Cup.

Strange point to pick out, think my point pretty clearly stands. City are generally unlucky in draws, and haven't exactly been showered with luck again this season even in our luckiest season with regards to draws.

padr81

Supports
Man City
FFS you're all the same you lot aren't you, incapable of arguing a point without bringing comparisons of what is happening to another side
Its not like it'll be our first team or a team nearly as experienced as Bristol just beat playing them in the semi's. If anything Bristol have probably got the best draw for them drawing a City team that will be made up of kids and Mangala's etc..

deafepl

Point being you're arguing my point based on who I support which is irrelevant, Man Utd could have had home games against League One sides all the way through the competition and I'd still think City would be lucky to get Bristol in a two legged semi final when they could have got Arsenal or Chelsea instead
That's it. Not to mention that Bristol City have knocked out three EPL teams in cup, we haven't had a home game in cup where City played twice time at home in cup against them for 120 minutes and Leicester City are playing their reverse team starting from the first, Bristol City play full strength team against us with Pogba starting after missing three games and the rest are squad player baring Martial/Rashford. Bristol City can give bottom EPL teams like a run for their money

Yes, City has a Bristol City at home first again and play over two legs. That's just unfair. They always get lucky.:(

charlenefan

I'm just saying crying about a team being lucky to draw the team that are just after beating you is a bit silly.
But I go back to my previous retort to that how do you know I'm a United supporter? Do you not think Chelsea and Arsenal supporters are sat thinking exactly the same thing tonight? They'd both of loved to have got Bristol instead of oneanother

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yeah I meant out of the "bigger" teams of course - otherwise you'd say Burnley had the toughest draw out of PL teams. Burnley are 6th in the PL currently, 6th vs 1st is clearly the "toughest" game from all the FA cup draws. And City away to Leicester was clearly the toughest draw of the last round in the League Cup.

Strange point to pick out, think my point pretty clearly stands. City are generally unlucky in draws, and haven't exactly been showered with luck again this season even in our luckiest season with regards to draws.
You said out of the PL teams mate. Liverpool v Everton is still tougher than you v Burnley.

padr81

Supports
Man City
But I go back to my previous retort to that how do you know I'm a United supporter? Do you not think Chelsea and Arsenal supporters are sat thinking exactly the same thing tonight? They'd both of loved to have got Bristol instead of oneanother
I've edited my first post at the request of the mods so will not be discussing the victory over United.
Of course they are but the fact they beat 4 much more experienced sides then City will field, would suggest the draw is not the worst. There is a big argument to be made City will field the weakest side in the semi's my friend.

Of course they would but which draw would Bristol prefer? A rotated Chelsea and Arsenal or a clearly B team/kids team from City? City is surely the lucky draw for them given the team they have just beaten.

charlenefan

I've edited my first post at the request of the mods so will not be discussing the victory over United.
Of course they are but the fact they beat 4 much more experienced sides then City will field, would suggest the draw is not the worst. There is a big argument to be made City will field the weakest side in the semi's my friend.

Of course they would but which draw would Bristol prefer? A rotated Chelsea and Arsenal or a clearly B team/kids team from City? City is surely the lucky draw for them given the team they have just beaten.
Would City have fielded a weaken side against Chelsea or Arsenal? I don't know the answer to that, I would have thought at semi final stage he'd have played his strongest side if he were playing either of them, you'd know the answer to that more than me though

padr81

Supports
Man City
Would City have fielded a weaken side against Chelsea or Arsenal? I don't know the answer to that, I would have thought at semi final stage he'd have played his strongest side if he were playing either of them, you'd know the answer to that more than me though
He pretty much said last night those that played deserve to play. Plus its a way to make yaya feel like he actually still contributes something and keep his agent quiet. That said this is Pep and you never know he might play Ederson in midfield or something.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He pretty much said last night those that played deserve to play. Plus its a way to make yaya feel like he actually still contributes something and keep his agent quiet. That said this is Pep and you never know he might play Ederson in midfield or something.
At this point if Yaya's agent says anything you should just fire him off a cannon. Yaya didn't even look like he wanted to play yesterday

padr81

Supports
Man City
At this point if Yaya's agent says anything you should just fire him off a cannon. Yaya didn't even look like he wanted to play yesterday
I don't think he'd didn't want to, he's just not able. There was a point in the match where Harry McGuire sprinted 30 yards down the pitch, with the ball, Yaya came to close him down and McGuire with the ball outsprinted Yaya without it. Think he dropped a nice cross in for Vardy then. Watching Yaya chase him was like watching myself trying to catch Usain Bolt.

Alex.L

Supports
NoOneReally
Think he was already doing this back then with Copa Del Rey with Barcelona (didnt watch much of his Bayern Munich time). Fielding young/bench players all the way through with slight adjustements

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Don't think it makes a difference who City got, over two legs they are gonna beat any of the 3 sides.

el3mel

Chelsea-City in the final it's then. Over 2 legs Chelsea will defeat Arsenal easily.

Jaybomb

Wait till you see Bristol bend over and get the Vaseline out now that they’re playing Man City. Guarantee they won’t play like they played tonight.

Watching them invade the pitch and celebrate like they won the fecking Cup tonight was cringe.... but then again, every game against Manchester United is a Cup Final so it’s no surprise.

Theonas

Scout
Think he was already doing this back then with Copa Del Rey with Barcelona (didnt watch much of his Bayern Munich time). Fielding young/bench players all the way through with slight adjustements
From what I remember, He most definitely fielded the first team in the finals and semi finals when the opponent was a big team.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Wait till you see Bristol bend over and get the Vaseline out now that they’re playing Man City. Guarantee they won’t play like they played tonight.

Watching them invade the pitch and celebrate like they won the fecking Cup tonight was cringe.... but then again, every game against Manchester United is a Cup Final so it’s no surprise.
have you ever been in love