g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

League Cup - Semi-final draw

dbs235

People always complain that Chelsea always get the lucky draw. Now it's City and they're doing the same thing.

Alex.L

Supports
NoOneReally
From what I remember, He most definitely fielded the first team in the finals and semi finals when the opponent was a big team.
Just checked and you are right, only times he didn't play first team in final or semi finals was against "weaker" teams.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
People always complain that Chelsea always get the lucky draw. Now it's City and they're doing the same thing.
We are? We got Premier League Leicester away and United got Championship Bristol away. It's not our fault, or even luck in our favour that United lost that tie. They got the easier one.

Hawks2008

Hope City annihilate Bristol and then get sucker punched by Chelsea or Arsenal 1-0 in the Final.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Easily might be pushing it

Wenger seems to have a hoodoo over conte
Yes easily is pushing it. In a London derby Arsenal do tend to turn up, it just depends if we turn up over both legs.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I can't say I'm a fan of this cup. It is basically just more fixtures to play during an already jam packed season. I think Utd are better out of it tbh, and means they get longer rest period which will help in their league run. I wouldn't have been mad if Bournemouth put us out, but obviously it's always nice to keep the run going.

Denis79

Would have loved to see us vs City in the Semi, maybe next season...

Cod Army

Supports
Man City
They're buying these decisions. Tin foil hat, sure. And I know it's unpopular way to think, and I accept that, but just way, WAY too much is going their way.

FFP should be all over them, they're not. Every decision goes their way. Every draw they get is absolutely the most piss-easy option it could be.
Really.
Who drew the City ball out of the pot (whilst looking in to it I might add)?
Who did we beat to get to the semis (a PL team away from home)
I get your miffed at being knocked out, but to say we get piss easy options all the time is nonsence

Cod Army

Supports
Man City
City are so jammy getting that team who just beat us, who will probably play out if their skins to get to Wembley. Bah, curse their luck.

Seriously. City would twat Chelsea or Arsenal over two legs. Bristol City will throw everything at them, like they did to us. They'll probably still twat them too, but it didn't really matter who City got.
All depends on whether Pep decides to put the kids out for it