Least loyal club history

Zen

Was discussing Peter Beardsley recently, and I was sure he had player for the top 4 North West teams, which he had.....playing for two of them is considered a big deal, how did he manage to get away with all 4, even if his Manchester stints were so short, which probably explains how he got away with it really.

But in all seriousness, is there anyone who comes to close? All I can think of is William Gallas maybe, 3 London clubs. Maybe Ronaldo too, doing both Milans and both sides of Clasico. Scum!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anelka?

Played for all our rivals basically.

Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

goin4glory

Loyalty is massively overrated in football. Clubs have no issue with getting rid of players they deem not good enough where is the loyalty then?

Raul Madrid

Ibrahimovich as he played for juventus, inter and ac milan. He also wanted to leave Barcelona to go to Madrid instead of Milan. At the end of the day, the player has the right to do what he wants. If a player does not perform for a club he will be sold, so why is it wrong for a player to want to leave if the club if he plays for cannot achieve his objectives.

Last edited:

Manucho the boss

Yaya Toure making a good case recently. His quote today about it "Being an honour" to play for PSG is pure bollocks. He's already on huge money at City so they knew they were getting a mercenary when they signed him but to so shamelessly whore yourself out after just winning the league is shocking.

Lance Uppercut

How about clubs that show little in the way of loyalty? Apparently AC Milan are planning on ditching Seedorf already. For Inzaghi, of all people.

Gopher Brown

Fowler: 'Pool, City, Leeds.
Yeah, but Liverpool, City and Leeds are indifferent towards each other aren't they? Hardly disloyal, unless we're counting total number of clubs, in which case he's only played for 5 or so.

Loublaze

ATLien
Yeah, but Liverpool, City and Leeds are indifferent towards each other aren't they? Hardly disloyal, unless we're counting total number of clubs, in which case he's only played for 5 or so.
City fans hate Liverpool and Leeds fans hate everyone else

Plugsy

If association with rival clubs is definition of disloyalty; Sir Matt?

City, Liverpool then managed United

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Was discussing Peter Beardsley recently, and I was sure he had player for the top 4 North West teams, which he had.....playing for two of them is considered a big deal, how did he manage to get away with all 4, even if his Manchester stints were so short, which probably explains how he got away with it really.

But in all seriousness, is there anyone who comes to close? All I can think of is William Gallas maybe, 3 London clubs. Maybe Ronaldo too, doing both Milans and both sides of Clasico. Scum!
Unfortunately it was our own fault that we let Beardsley go. Same goes for David Platt.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Craig Gardner came through Villa's youth academy, played 40 games for Birmingham and has just signed for West Brom.

|Neo|x

Bernd Schuster went between Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid , all one after the other in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Liam Ridgewell has made his way around a good few of the Midlands clubs, West Brom, Villa and Birmingham I think.

Carlos Tevez and Adebayor deserve a mention, along with Edgar Davids, Patrick Viera, Prilo and Ibrahimovic have all made it around the 3 big Italian teams.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Marcus Bent. Played for a sum total of just 16 clubs. Though most of it mightn't have been due to the lack of loyalty. He was just subpar and clubs kept selling/ loaning him out.

Technically Baggio also counts. Played for Fiorentina, Juventus, Milan and Inter among others. Infact there's a surprisingly large number of players that represented both Milano and Internazionale.

Also Stephen Gerrard and James Carragher. lolz

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Marcus Bent. Played for a sum total of just 16 clubs. Though most of it mightn't have been due to the lack of loyalty. He was just subpar and clubs kept selling/ loaning him out.

Technically Baggio also counts. Played for Fiorentina, Juventus, Milan and Inter among others. Infact there's a surprisingly large number of players that represented both Milano and Internazionale.

Also Stephen Gerrard and James Carragher. lolz
He never had the chance, poor old Stevie Me!

Malva

Loyalty is massively overrated in football. Clubs have no issue with getting rid of players they deem not good enough where is the loyalty then?
x2, consider the ridiculous situation where a still excellent cech (team of the year worthy apparently, not in my eyes but hey), and an undoubted legend of chelsea, who was instrumental to leading chelsea to their first champions league win, and a stalwart in so many campaigns, is being deemed expendable for the prodigous courtois. cech still has a good 5 years left in him but is being considered for an axing just as a matter of greed more or less.
looking at the chelsea forums, 60% of them want courtois ahead of cech.

loyalty is a bunch of bull in football.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Sol Campbell is probably the worst.

Came through the youth team nearly 10 years and became captain of spurs only to join arsenal on a free

Doesn't get worse if loyalty is a big thing to you..which it is to many fans

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When a rich club wants ya (wants you man)
And your club can't do nothin' for ya (nothin nothin ya..)
These players ain't loyal (no they ain't)
Awwww
These players ain't loyal

TheMuffer

x2, consider the ridiculous situation where a still excellent cech (team of the year worthy apparently, not in my eyes but hey), and an undoubted legend of chelsea, who was instrumental to leading chelsea to their first champions league win, and a stalwart in so many campaigns, is being deemed expendable for the prodigous courtois. cech still has a good 5 years left in him but is being considered for an axing just as a matter of greed more or less.
looking at the chelsea forums, 60% of them want courtois ahead of cech.

loyalty is a bunch of bull in football.
thats an accurate assumption.....did you survey and count?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Pirlo played for all of Italy's big 3. Pazzini for Inter and AC, as did Ronaldo.

starman

What did Liverpool fans think of Beardsley? As far as understand it was Souness who sold him, but why sell him to Everton, unless Beardsley demanded to stay in Merseyside?