Lee Grant signs new contract

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
people will lose their heads over this, but Heaton is Romero’s replacement and further aids our English quota. Grant will do what he did last year.. which I’m not sure what that is

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
people will lose their heads over this, but Heaton is Romero’s replacement and further aids our English quota. Grant will do what he did last year.. which I’m not sure what that is
If your training is anything like Chelsea's, having 4 goalies is useful for the drills and Training, not to mention extra cover possible Covid issues.

Okey

Would only make sense if one of the top 2 is leaving, No?

sewey89

If your training is anything like Chelsea's, having 4 goalies is useful for the drills and Training, not to mention extra cover possible Covid issues.
Yeah, fair point. I imagine one of grant/heaton (or both) are being eyed as potential GK coaches too

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Man Utd doing things in the transfer window what other clubs can only dream of again, signing a new 3rd choice keeper and resigning the 4th choice to a new deal in the same day :lol:

sewey89

Why do people think it means that one of DDG/Hendo will leave? We had 4 GKs last year

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Lee Grant isn’t really a proper player though, is he? Tom Heaton will be our third keeper with De Gea and Henderson staying for another season to battle it out I reckon.

Jaxa

Good gig if you can get it ,

£40k a week say to train 5 times a week for a few hours, not bad at all.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why do people think it means that one of DDG/Hendo will leave? We had 4 GKs last year
technically we did but one was sat on his arse in Argentina for the entire season

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who are we going to offload DDG to? His wages make it almost impossible to sell him.

Matriac

I still think Henderson might be leaving cause he doesn't want to continue as second behind De Gea at this stage. But even if they both stay then this still makes sense. Joel Pereira was released now with Romero. With Heaton and Grant we have two decent backups that are valuable in training. As Duffer mentioned it's good to have 4 keepers for various drills. So we have room for both Hendo and Dave if they stay, or potentially bring up a youngster if needed, though I'd prefer youngsters play with our youth teams or go out on loan.

Tiber

tens of thousands per week to sit beside Fred the red. what a life.

Doesn't even get abuse like Phil Jones

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lee Grant isn’t really a proper player though, is he? Tom Heaton will be our third keeper with De Gea and Henderson staying for another season to battle it out I reckon.
Yeah, I doubt he'll be registered. He's just making up the numbers in training and behind the scenes.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Denis Law had been spotted at OT. Maybe we'll be giving this former player a contract as well? At least he was WC with us unlike Mata, Heaton, Jones, Bailly and Grant.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Very proactive move for your club reacting to our imminent move for Wayne Hennesy.

With Carson taken and Green retired quality third choice keepers are running low at the minute.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Amazing to see that there still are loads of supporters that don't understand what Grant's role is.
He's perfect for it, and looks to be a nice guy and well liked aswell.

devilish

One of De Gea or Henderson is off for sure
I doubt it.

Heaton is injury prone and quite frankly he was never that great in the first place. Meanwhile only United still think that Grant can still play football.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So
So Heaton is going so spend the next year burning toast in Argentina?

Heaton as our #2 isn't great if that is the case. We've had a fantastic #2 now for about 6 seasons. Heaton is a big drop off. If he's to be our #2.

berbasloth4

i think its pretty much because he is in process of becoming a goalkeeper coach and has been doing it with us. will probably mean ddg or henderson is away and kovar another loan so leaving us with just 3 senior keepers

devilish

Amazing to see that there still are loads of supporters that don't understand what Grant's role is.
He's perfect for it, and looks to be a nice guy and well liked aswell.
contracts seemed to be dished around according to a sympathy contest

flappyjay

It's si not normal to have four if anything the u23 keeper should be the emergency goalkeeper incase something major happens. Also Romero was supposed to be sold last year but the only team that showed real interest was Everton and apparently we feared they would challenge us in the league.

0le

Can't have enough GK's. Size is everything.

devilish

i think its pretty much because he is in process of becoming a goalkeeper coach and has been doing it with us. will probably mean ddg or henderson is away and kovar another loan so leaving us with just 3 senior keepers
then have him retired. DDG, Heaton and Henderson brings enough cover/competition for the role. If either DDG or Henderson leave then we'll have to buy as there's no way that a 35 year old crock or a 39 year old erm keeper? can be our no 2

Droid_Repairs

One of DDG or Henderson were always going to leave, extending Grant means very little in that regard.

Not sure what club would want to pay Dave the money he's currently on though.

Satissh12

I doubt it.

Heaton is injury prone and quite frankly he was never that great in the first place. Meanwhile only United still think that Grant can still play football.
So Heaton is 3rd choice then.. not sure why we would do that when Grant was going to renew

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
That is a bit of a surprise. He certainly isn't needed to play.

I do think one of DDG or Henderson will leave.