Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

avgp_1

They'll get a point against Brentford which will be enough. Apart from the Chelsea game they have been really good these past few weeks

Kaushal

If Burnley go down then out of Norwich Watford and Burnley, there isn’t one player who is good enough that you want to sign for cheap. Normally you would get some quality out of relegation teams. But these three are absolutely dreadful. The best I can think of out of these lot are Joao Pedro, Sarr, McNeil, Cornet, Tarkowski, Aarons, Pukki. Take your pick. Bloody hell. Anyone else ?

Atleast Leeds going down can offer Phillips and Raphinha.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Jesse's American cockiness in the first three press conferences was nauseating. Very glad he's being humbled

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
:) is there history between Leeds and Brentford or is it just everyone hates Leeds?
It’s a bit of both - when Leeds got promoted their official Twitter account posted a video taunting us with their players (featuring ex-Bee Stuart Dallas) singing “mind the gap Thomas Frank”

personally having Man Utd and sheff Utd season tickets holders in the family I’ve grown up around a healthy loathing of Leeds

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If Burnley go down then out of Norwich Watford and Burnley, there isn’t one player who is good enough that you want to sign for cheap. Normally you would get some quality out of relegation teams. But these three are absolutely dreadful. The best I can think of out of these lot are Joao Pedro, Sarr, McNeil, Cornet, Tarkowski, Aarons, Pukki. Take your pick. Bloody hell. Anyone else ?

Atleast Leeds going down can offer Phillips and Raphinha.
Pope is the best player at any of those 3 sides. Watford's forwards aren't bad though - Emmanuel Dennis, Ken Sema and Josh King are all capable of playing in the Prem I think. Also Cucho Hernandez is pretty good as well. Would even take him at United maybe given how shit our right side is.

miked99

It’s a bit of both - when Leeds got promoted their official Twitter account posted a video taunting us with their players (featuring ex-Bee Stuart Dallas) singing “mind the gap Thomas Frank”

personally having Man Utd and sheff Utd season tickets holders in the family I’ve grown up around a healthy loathing of Leeds
Such a classy club all round aren't they? Why do I get a feeling Leeds will take something from the game? I hope I'm wrong.

I actually quite like the new manager though. Was ready to ridicule him, being American and all, but he comes across pretty well.

Nick7

that's so fecking weird :lol: :lol:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Such a classy club all round aren't they? Why do I get a feeling Leeds will take something from the game? I hope I'm wrong.

I actually quite like the new manager though. Was ready to ridicule him, being American and all, but he comes across pretty well.
Yeah exactly can't wait for the 3-6k of ticketless fans turning up that I have heard rumours of ;)

Don't forget that the prize money we can earn by finishing as high up the table as possible is still really important to a club of our size. We will definitely be looking to win this and end the great season we have had on a massive high. There is no chance we are going to be "on the beach" for this one - have faith ;)

BorisManUtd

Whoever is their manager next season, they won't be as open as under Bielsa so we won't find it so easy to beat them like in these 2 seasons. Should be interesting.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Delighted that they stayed up (an unpopular opinion on here I know), especially at the expense of Burnley.

They make the Premier League far more interesting as far I’m concerned, as they’re enjoyable to watch, have a large fanbase, have a large number of people who dislike them (and so stir up strong emotions either way), and have ‘potential’ if they get it right (far from certain of course) to reach the level of the likes of Leicester and West Ham. Better to see them in the top flight than Burnley who inevitably would have battled against relegation again next season (Leeds might as well, but they have more potential to push on), other clubs that hardly anyone cares about etc.

No-one can say at Leeds are irrelevant - I think Utd fans were singing songs about hating Leeds in CL games when they were down in League One ! When they were in the Championship, their games were continually televised on Sky, more than most most Premier League clubs appeared on Sky / BT.

avgp_1

Ended the season strong under Marsch. Apart from the terrible Chelsea game, they got some big draws in as well against Palace and Brighton where they were well worth the point. Considering how we played against those two sides, Leeds clearly deserved their stay.

Missed Bamford, Cooper and Phillips at key times this season, for such a small squad that was devastating. I think they'll build from this and the teams coming up from Championship next year are all going down.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m sure united fans aren’t bothered but they’re quietly making some good moves in this transfer market and bringing in some very good players. Already replaced Phillips and just about replaced Raphina.

They’re a competent striker away from becoming a very decent team.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m sure united fans aren’t bothered but they’re quietly making some good moves in this transfer market and bringing in some very good players. Already replaced Phillips and just about replaced Raphina.

They’re a competent striker away from becoming a very decent team.
Yeah I was just looking at what they’ve been doing. Interesting signings. A big turnover in one go though rarely comes together quickly though but certainly some highly rated young players coming in.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
As a US fan it's going to be fun watching Adams and Aaronson playing under Marsch's insane tactics. Adams is going to be a star in this league I think, it fits his strengths perfectly.

dannyrhinos89

Yeah I was just looking at what they’ve been doing. Interesting signings. A big turnover in one go though rarely comes together quickly though but certainly some highly rated young players coming in.
Well marsch is familiar with alot of the new players so I guess they'll settle quickly.

They've improved areas they were weak in and like I say if they get a striker capable of hitting double figures they'll be top 10 easily. Certainly not relegation candidates.

BerryBerryShrew

If Ted Lasso keeps going like this then Pardew's FA Cup final dance will cease to be the most cringeworthy touchline celebration in English football history.

dannyrhinos89

Weird how the new manager doesn’t seem to want to play Gnonto he’s literally their only decent attacker.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No defence, only vibes.
It's incredible they've been up three years and yet their regular defence over last few months still consists of Ayling, Sturjk and Koch. Dallas would be at LB still aswell if he was fit again.

I also thought Diego Llorente was decent but they loaned him to Roma mid season. Cooper will probably be back at the weekend but he is very average at this level aswell.

No idea how good Max Wober is but that dosen't strike me as a good signing if it's already been decided he can't get in ahead of those jokers.

Never rated Meslier either, he lets in so many preventable goals by leaving gaps at his near post.

acolyte

Weird how the new manager doesn’t seem to want to play Gnonto he’s literally their only decent attacker.
Took Marsch months to come around on Gnonto as well. He must be shocking in training. Or maybe he just makes a very off-putting first impression.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I still think even though there’s only a few games left, rather than studying the run ins and league table, you can just call who are the three worst teams in the league. I think Leeds are definitely one of them and therefore will go down. They’ve been crap defensively ever since they came up.