Leeds - Man United U18

lysglimt

Scout
6 straight wins in the league for our U18s - and now we are playing Leeds who have struggled a lot in their last games. They got off to a brilliant start by picking up 7 points from their first 3 games - including beating Stoke 6-1 away and Liverpool 4-1 at home. But after that it's all gone wrong for Leeds. 4 straight defeats:

Wolves - Leeds 3-1
Sunderland - Leeds 4-3 (Sunderland scored the winner after being reduced to 10 men)
Leeds - Boro 2-4
City - Leeds 5-2

Will be fun to watch - and almost guaranteed to end with lots of goals

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A first start for Jack Fletcher today, is it? Also I believe we play Wolves, Leeds is next weekend’s fixture.

Last edited:

AltiUn

Pretty dull affair so far.

AltiUn

Pardon the pun but Sharpe has looked sharp the last few weeks.

Ekeke

Jack Fletcher has had a few nice touches, turns and some very good passes. He reminds me a bit of Cole Palmer

Ekeke

Most of the ball and on the attack but poor finishing for the handful of chances we had. Wheatley and Sharpe among the best of those chances missed. Lost 1-0 to counter attack goal

khoazany

I were sad that we didn't capture the opportunity to extend the gap with City then I realized it's a cup game.

This probably shows a bit of how important Missin is to this side.

AltiUn

I were sad that we didn't capture the opportunity to extend the gap with City then I realized it's a cup game.

This probably shows a bit of how important Missin is to this side.
You could tell he was missing

GueRed

I had this game in the background yesterday. From what I saw United got done on the counter a few times, one time resulting in a goal.

Was interesting to see Shea Lacey start on the left combining with Harry Amass. They and the team couldnt create very much though...

Sharpe was a bright spark throughout should've scored in the first half when he rounded the keeper.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Well - this time I will get it right - match against Leeds today :)

lysglimt

Scout
United: Myles, Amass, Kingdon, Jackson, McAllister, Curley, Fitzgerald, Lacey, J.Fletcher, Sharpe, Musa

Subs: Byrne-Hughes, Biancheri, Devaney, Scanlon, Wheatley

lysglimt

Scout
Leeds through on goal after just 1 minute - Myles with a good save. McAllister injured in the same incident. Took a knock to the lower back from the looks of it. McAllister looks ok again

AltiUn

Lacey needs to square that there.

lysglimt

Scout
Lacey with a huge chance as he is alone with the keeper from a tight angle - tries a shot with 2 United-players in front of goal. Poor finish and lots of annoyed teammates

AltiUn

Holy feck, what a finish by Fitzgerald! :drool: :eek:

lysglimt

Scout
1-0 Fitzgerald - curls it into the far corner (11 minutes) - following a corner. Fletcher with the assist I think

lysglimt

Scout
Huge chance - Curley just wide after great link-up play between Lacey and Amass

AltiUn

Fletcher looks absolutely quality.

lysglimt

Scout
Whenever they get a chance, it's because they exploit McAllisters lack of pace. Ran through twice between him and Jackson now - Myles saved on both occations

lysglimt

Scout
The only thing this team really lacks is a quality striker - I am not convinced by Musa and Wheatley

AltiUn

The only thing this team really lacks is a quality striker - I am not convinced by Musa and Wheatley
Agreed, think we should be looking at signing one in January, we've not had a standout since Greenwood.

lysglimt

Scout
The comments from Lawrence: Musa needs to do better 1 v 1 , Curley needs to keep it simple and Lacey needs to make quicker decisions

AltiUn

This Lacey LW experiment needs to die a quick death, he looks so awkward on that side. Swaps to the right and instantly gets an assist :lol: good pass and a a good finish too by Sharpe.

lysglimt

Scout
0-2 Sharpe (36) - Supergoal from Sharpe - good cross from Lacey and a flying volley from Sharpe. Both legs off the ground and sidefoots it home on the volley

lysglimt

Scout
Musa through on goal but cant properly connect from a tight angle and keeper saves well. Lacey now has started to play for the team and everything looks better - was a bit too selfish in the first 25 minutes

lysglimt

Scout
Good chance again for Leeds, a deflected shot - Myles again saves well

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
This Lacey LW experiment needs to die a quick death, he looks so awkward on that side. Swaps to the right and instantly gets an assist :lol: good pass and a a good finish too by Sharpe.
It's good experience for him. Top players can adapt. Nobody thought Messi looked garbage on the left wing or up front even if they preferred him on the right or in the hole.

lysglimt

Scout
It's good experience for him. Top players can adapt. Nobody thought Messi looked garbage on the left wing or up front even if they preferred him on the right or in the hole.
When Lacey is good he is brilliant - when he isn't good, he creates chances for the opponent and breaks down our own attacks. But the talent is out of this world

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
When Lacey is good he is brilliant - when he isn't good, he creates chances for the opponent and breaks down our own attacks. But the talent is out of this world
That's part of the learning process though, he needs to be challenged, have failures and setbacks so that he can solve problems and work on his weaknesses as well as just develop his strengths.

lysglimt

Scout
2-0 at half-time. 3 players stand out for me - Fitzgerald with a great goal, good passing and great composure. Fletcher who controls the game, great turns and good passing - and Myles who has made 3 good saves. The negatives is Musa who doesn't get involved at all - I expect Wheatley to replace him in the second half. McAllister who is the weak link in our defense. A long ball over his head has created almost all of Leeds' chances and Lacey who half the time is brilliant and then stops 3-4 good chances by making wrong choices and we get counters against.

But we are a much better side than Leeds - and we really should win comfortably

lysglimt

Scout
Fletcher close to making it 3-0 - good save from the keeper

lysglimt

Scout
3-0 Fletcher (48 minutes) - scores after the corner he created with that big chance. Ball rebounds to Sharpe who chips it in and Fletcher turns and pokes it home