Leeds - Man United U18

lysglimt

Scout
4-0 Sharpe scores from an almost impossible angle. He runs on the outside of the defender and chips the ball over the keeper into the roof of the net.

lysglimt

Scout
Sharpe, Fitzgerald and Lacey off - Scanlon, Devaney and Biancheri on (61st minute)

lysglimt

Scout
Scanlon steals the ball and is through on goal but his shot is blocked by a defender - Biancheri is somewhat annoyed he didnt square the ball to him for an open goal

lysglimt

Scout
5-0 Wheatley (68 minutes) Curley with a long cross to Biancheri - he puts in a low cross to Wheatley who turns and shoots. The ball takes a huge deflection and rolls into the corner

lysglimt

Scout
6-0 Amass (73) - Leeds have lost it completely - a long ball is flicked on by Wheatley and Amass is through on goal and slots it past the keeper.

lysglimt

Scout
Super-pass from Fletcher to Biancheri but the keeper saves

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This is probably our first U18 side where we have a really good talent in basically every position, only real weakness is striker and even they can do a job.

lysglimt

Scout
Full time 6-0 - superb performance. First half was very good - the second was even more convincing as Leeds couldn't create any chances at all

lysglimt

Scout
This is probably our first U18 side where we have a really good talent in basically every position, only real weakness is striker and even they can do a job.
I dont understand why Biancheri never gets a chance - at least he is a consistent goalscorer even if his all-round play isn't first-class

AltiUn

I dont understand why Biancheri never gets a chance - at least he is a consistent goalscorer even if his all-round play isn't first-class
I've been wondering if it's due to his physicality, the manager seems to like the height of Wheatley or pace of Musa but Biancheri doesn't offer either of those despite being better on the ball.

Gungerz

Elsewhere, Liverpool lost 2-1 to Newcastle & City lost 4-3 to Nottingham Forest with Harrison Parker being sent off.

Still early days but important points gained.

Last edited:

Sancho99

Is Sharpe related to Lee?
No, he's one of the kids we took from Derby's academy. He's been injured for a while I believe and recently came back but that's as well as I've seen him play.

We have a talented young bunch. I'd be delighted if a couple manage to make the jump up to the first team eventually, but of course it's a big ask. Let's just enjoy watching them develop.

lysglimt

Scout
[
Elsewhere, Liverpool lost 2-1 to Newcastle & City lost 4-3 to Nottingham Forest with Harrison Parker being sent off.

Still early days but important points gained.
Yes Forest were 4-1 up with 3 minutes of injury-time played - and then City scored twice with 10 men. Impressive by Forest considering they only won 1 of their first 6 games. Anyone know the other City-goalscorer Matt Warhurst is the son of Paul Warhurst ?

And in the Liverpool-game - the hometeam won the shots total by 19-4 but as you said, lost the game.

Very promising start indeed - it looks to be a match between us, City and Liverpool for first spot - with Newcastle in 4th place only picking up 13 points in 8 matches. Also worth mentioning that our next game is against Blackburn who have had a really poor start to the season with 7 points in 7 matches - and tend to lose big when they lose. (3-0 to Newcastle, 2-4 at home to Liverpool, 0-6 against City and 0-2 at home to Forest)

Bigsid

I expect us to win the league this year with City moving 9 u18s up to the 21s permanently. The Youth cup will be a fairer test and the Youth Champions League. We definitely look stronger than last year squad wise for sure.

Remember the geese

I expect us to win the league this year with City moving 9 u18s up to the 21s permanently. The Youth cup will be a fairer test and the Youth Champions League. We definitely look stronger than last year squad wise for sure.
I don't suppose you are making excuses for City?

Bigsid

Our first yeara are sligjhtly stronger in my opinion. 9 main second years from City gone to 21s so their side has been pretty weakened. Hence like us they are struggling in the u21s.

Borninthe80ts

Another very impressive performance from a team that is growing in confidence and developing a unity which is nice to see. Pleased to see Amass settled so well, and get a goal to reward good attacking play. Always a bonus to get the defence scoring. Myles has been impressive when I’ve seen him, and is at least on par if not more assured for me as Harrison on the ball.

Our centre backs have been very good this season from what I thought was a weakness last year. Kingdon has surprised me, Jackson seems to have grown in confidence and looks assured. Whatever the pairing it’s looked pretty good. Sharpe, like Missin seems to work hard and be a direct and tricky winger. Lovely finish and hopefully he can kick on even further. Fletcher very elegant on the ball, nice weight off pass too.

So much to enjoy watching this team and the brightness of their play. Interchanges in position and dynamic attacking sequences. Balance in midfield and tactical variety. Hopefully the new manager can keep them improving.

Amsterdam Devil

Another very impressive performance from a team that is growing in confidence and developing a unity which is nice to see. Pleased to see Amass settled so well, and get a goal to reward good attacking play. Always a bonus to get the defence scoring. Myles has been impressive when I’ve seen him, and is at least on par if not more assured for me as Harrison on the ball.

Our centre backs have been very good this season from what I thought was a weakness last year. Kingdon has surprised me, Jackson seems to have grown in confidence and looks assured. Whatever the pairing it’s looked pretty good. Sharpe, like Missin seems to work hard and be a direct and tricky winger. Lovely finish and hopefully he can kick on even further. Fletcher very elegant on the ball, nice weight off pass too.

So much to enjoy watching this team and the brightness of their play. Interchanges in position and dynamic attacking sequences. Balance in midfield and tactical variety. Hopefully the new manager can keep them improving.
We have to start watching the youth then for some football. Is mutv showing youth games?

Borninthe80ts

We have to start watching the youth then for some football. Is mutv showing youth games?
They do, however it’s not every youth game and coverage can be low in quality. Others in here are good at highlighting when they normally play too.

AltiUn

They do, however it’s not every youth game and coverage can be low in quality. Others in here are good at highlighting when they normally play too.
U18s is quite good for being televised, U21s feels like they're basically never televised.

Borninthe80ts

U18s is quite good for being televised, U21s feels like they're basically never televised.
I’d agree this season has been better for the under 18s, I just air on the side of caution as no guarantee with MUTV. Curious as to why no under 21 coverage though.