Leeds watch 2011/12

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
:lol: you fat gutted, hairy shouldered stinky arse....you praying for another 90th minute penalty?

Marching

95th minute is always a great time to score....and it got us an unlikely draw at Watford.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Leeds have signed the young Spurs winger Andros Townsend (20 years old) on loan until the end of the season. He usually plays on the left, has played for England at U-19 level has made 6 appearances for Spurs this season in the Europa League.

What are the current Leeds wingers like and do Leeds often set up to play with wide men?

I guess I'm asking about how likely it'll be that Townsend will get some starting chances.

Marching

The 97th minute is a brilliant time to score a winning goal!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Cheers misterredmist...our NY has taken a turn for the better....hope yours doesn't on Wednesday :)

Your lad played well today GlastonSpur....will give us options with Snoddy out injured and we definitely need someone to inject some urgency and quality.

Did you see him singing? :houllier:

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... Your lad played well today GlastonSpur....will give us options with Snoddy out injured and we definitely need someone to inject some urgency and quality.

Did you see him singing? :houllier:
I did see him singing!. And I'm pleased to hear that he did for you well for you.

I've been quite impressed by his performances for Spurs this season. There's been quite a few Spurs fans a bit sorry we've loaned him out, since we lack cover for Bale/Lennon as wide players.

Still, what's done is done. I hope he plays a blinder for you from here on.

Marching

We have some very expensive seaon tickets at Elland Road :eek:

Marching

:lol:

One of your favourite lines no doubt Grinner....I bet nobody (male or female) has answered your call for a very long time.

davisjw

Just agreed to take US player Robbie Rogers across the pond. Never been impressed with him on the national team, can't see him helping them across the finish line come May.

Marching

Snoddy to the rescue today. 1-1

Their goalie was the main reason we didn't get a win here. Shame we didn't take advantage of a side going down to 10 men but they had 10 men behind the ball for most of the second half.

Marching

I hear Howson is off to Norwich....sorry to see him go but he's been in talks about a new contract for 12 months now and if he's stalled that long it shows his heart is not at the club.

So feck off.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
A bit harsh imo because a lot of Leeds players have rejected the latest contract offers from the club, of course i don't know the offers but there must be a reason the players are rejecting the contract offers and are leaving the club.

Good signing for Norwich.

forevrared

Robbie Rogers has been granted a work permit to finalize his move.

He'd be a great player if he was half the player he thought he was. Only got picked by Klinnsmann because they played together in a developmental league in California when Rogers was 16 and Klinnsmann was recently retired to the US and playing under a fake name.

Brophs

The One and Only
Robbie Rogers has been granted a work permit to finalize his move.

He'd be a great player if he was half the player he thought he was. Only got picked by Klinnsmann because they played together in a developmental league in California when Rogers was 16 and Klinnsmann was recently retired to the US and playing under a fake name.
That's a bit ridiculous.

-Aren't you Jurgen Klinsmann, the world famous, internationally-recognised footballer?
-Nein, I mean.....oh bollocks.

Marching

A bit harsh imo because a lot of Leeds players have rejected the latest contract offers from the club, of course i don't know the offers but there must be a reason the players are rejecting the contract offers and are leaving the club.

Good signing for Norwich.
I particularly don't like to see local lads leaving us but I'm also far from happy when players stall on new contracts for 12 months only to come out with "I want to leave for PL football" by which time their value has gone down due to being at the end of their contract.

Johnson was another player who left that I liked although I always thought he needed to score more goals ( I see he's a measely 2 so far for Norwich) and did the same trick of running his contract down which annoyed me but we've survived without him and no doubt we will survive without Howson.

forevrared

That's a bit ridiculous.

-Aren't you Jurgen Klinsmann, the world famous, internationally-recognised footballer?
-Nein, I mean.....oh bollocks.
He went by 'Jay Goppingen' apparently, named after the city he was born in.

Marching

Marching what do you make of Snodgrass? How good is he really, how good can he be?
He makes a HUGE difference to our team but quite how that would transfer to another better side I'm not so sure.

He is a good player with good ball control and is prepared to attack defenders which makes a nice change to see. If he was to move it would only be to one of the smaller PL sides - which, even allowing for the fact it's a division higher, it would be a sideways step.

Be patient Snoddy and go up with us.

Marching

Good win in the end for us v the tractor boys. I'm sure there was nothing fishy involved in their keeper (who's on loan from us) getting sent off. :smirk:

Large protests at this game against Ken Bates and Grayson too which I understand but don't agree with.

Not sure who those that want Bates and Grayson think are a) available b) would be an improvement and c) would even come to ER

Marching

Next up is...

And I will be there....which usually means we cock it up!

MOT

Flying Fox

Large protests at this game against Ken Bates and Grayson too which I understand but don't agree with.

Not sure who those that want Bates and Grayson think are a) available b) would be an improvement and c) would even come to ER
I think Bates would do everyone in football a favour if he just left the scene entirely. Nothing but trouble.

Marching

I think Bates would do everyone in football a favour if he just left the scene entirely. Nothing but trouble.
Got to disagree. I'm not sure who these Leeds fans that moan about Bates (and recently Grayson) think will come into the club with mega millions to replace Bates :houllier: ....where were the mega rich Leeds fans who, years ago, made lots of noise about how the club was going downhill only to fail to put their considerable wealth into 'their' club?!

Bates bluntness isn't everyones cup of tea (I like that) and he seems to prefer to get loan players in (not keen myself) but we are debt free, one win off the play offs, getting a decent ground at last, gaining a huge corporate business and clearly being run better than previous years.

MOT

Minkaro

Leeds United
McCormack 19

(HT 1 – 1)

Birmingham City
Zigic 31
Zigic 61
Zigic 64
Zigic 68

Conceding one goal to Zigic is bad enough...

misterredmist

Next up is...

And I will be there....which usually means we cock it up!

MOT
You were spot on Marching - from what I heard last night, Leeds had only themselves to blame for not being 3 up before the Brummies scored, but to get trounced 1-4, what a turn around - hilarious !

misterredmist

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I think some of these people forget a) LUFC nearly went out of business, and Bates has brought back some stability and respectability to LUFC, which was sliding off the precipice after Ridsdale and a succession of other failed administrations.

b) as Marching says, who's out there with a magic wand to turn up and weigh in with a load of cash, world class players and Jose Mourinho for manager ?

not going to happen, wise up, be patient, things are a lot better than they could have been.

Simon Grayson has just been sacked.
Not sure this will go down well with the natives
There's already some strong anti-Bates feeling

I don't know why Bates (or whoever owns it) hasn't spent a bit more cash, the idea has to be to promote and sell then, or to promote and enjoy the PL money.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Terrible decision in two ways

1) They are actually in a good position in the league (Play-off position was always the target)

2) It's a shit timing by Bates......they new guy can't bring players in.

50 pounds on Warnock as next Leeds manager.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Grayson is a good manager from what I've seen. He'll have no problem finding another job.

Ludens the Red

Not sure this will go down well with the natives
There's already some strong anti-Bates feeling

I don't know why Bates (or whoever owns it) hasn't spent a bit more cash, the idea has to be to promote and sell then, or to promote and enjoy the PL money.
Quite a lot have wanted Grayson out for a little while now. They're doing quite poorly at the moment and suffered YET another hammering at home last night. The fact is they're Leeds and 10th place is always going to be deemed unacceptable. Though tbf to Grayson he's lost a lot of good players but he was never going to be the guy to take them up.