Left full back 2020

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It has to be a very attacking LB. One who’s going to be busting a gut to get good crosses in. Type of one who we don’t really care if he’s great at defending if he’s physically fast enough to deal with things generally — Because with Shaw, AWB, and Williams (supposedly moving to RB) as the other 3 options - there’s not much in terms of attacking outlet from the three.

In an ideal world, maybe Chong goes on loan to the Bundesliga and becomes the new Alphonso Davies there.

Infra-red

Reguilon is surely the one to target here, given that he's available for c.£20m and was one of the best LBs in Spain this season.

Estupinan and Theo Hernandez would also been good options.

It would be nice to have a fullback who can actually do something with the ball in the final third.

dutchred

we could get Tagliafico for 30M. Lots of experience and great attacking. Scores regularly for Ajax especially for headers. He has a great leap and will release Rashford. Prommes has really benefitted from him tis season

sp_107

If Liecester wants to replace Chilwell with Luke Shaw I don't mind to be honest.

Sancho, Grealish will be great but

Two things really blocking our play right now are, full backs not contributing to our attacking play and lack.of a very good DM who can unlock Pogba/Bruno's potential (If you revist palace and Copenhagen 2nd half's you will understand how much difference Matic made to the game)

lex talionis

If he were on the market, what kind of teams do you think would be interested? Even as cover. With a perennially injured Shaw as first choice, our ‘back up’ needs to be better than Williams. Either that or sell Shaw and get a new first choice and let Williams continue in this back-up role.
The issue for me is the transfer budget we have available to us. If we're actually in the 200-300m range, we definitely would have 20-30m for cover for Shaw. But if we don't, let's address our higher priorities before addressing our lower priorities.

We're not conceding a lot of goals these days anyway, and when we are we're usually pointing the finger at our CBs and De Gea.

starman

He is really not good. Massive defensive deficiencies that get covered by Parker's extremely negative tactics.
Bit of a contradiction given he had the best output going forward for any defender in the championship.
TAA hardly gets rare reviews for his defending.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
50m for Chilwell? You’re having a laugh mate if you think you can get him that cheap. That deal has Maguire money written all over it if you go for him this summer.
I hope Leicester want more, the more the better as there are better options out there for near half the numbers being thrown about.

Bit of a contradiction given he had the best output going forward for any defender in the championship.
TAA hardly gets rare reviews for his defending.
I didn't comment on his attacking output which at Championship level is good. He is not a good defender. Fulham are very negative and cautious which hides his deficiencies for the most part. He would get ripped a new one in any side not playing two defensive banks at the top level. If he hadn't scored at Wembley this wouldn't be a subject.

Seven Seas Sardines

Reguilon is surely the one to target here, given that he's available for c.£20m and was one of the best LBs in Spain this season.

It would be nice to have a fullback who can actually do something with the ball in the final third.
Defo would be incredible to get him for that price. Hopefully he impresses our hierarchy in the semi since I doubt our scouting team has ever heard of him.

starman

I didn't comment on his attacking output which at Championship level is good. He is not a good defender. Fulham are very negative and cautious which hides his deficiencies for the most part. He would get ripped a new one in any side not playing two defensive banks at the top level. If he hadn't scored at Wembley this wouldn't be a subject.
All he did in the playoffs was repeat what hes been doing all season and showed how good he is going forward. Forget the playoffs, he provided the most assists and chances created by a defender. Hes also in the team of the year. I dont claim him to be a great defender, although when he came up against City and United in Bristol City's Cup run he did well and had a decent season in the PL in a horribly coached Fulham team at the time. I mentioned him for his attacking ability, not every game United would need to be playing defensive fullbacks scared to go forward, so someone like him would be a good squad option, imo.

Last edited:

Okey

The lad Reguilon that played against us last night is available quite cheap isn't he? If we're looking for attacking fullbacks to improve our play, we could do worse that sign him up. Brandon Williams csn back up the right wing.

croadyman

The lad Reguilon that played against us last night is available quite cheap isn't he? If we're looking for attacking fullbacks to improve our play, we could do worse that sign him up. Brandon Williams csn back up the right wing.
Yeah he certainly is but think the club see this position as fourth priority on the list right now

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
surely, we can't miss this now ?many times our attacks just went blank just because he stopped and took it to the right and that window for crossing was gone.

Lee565

I would be all for signing a left back if it means William's being moved to the right back side as back up but with the hope he takes bissaka spot.

Macedonian Red

Shaw is good in defence, transition/building but is bad in third third. If he improve his attack he will be a class. Still need good enough back up.

croadyman

I wonder if Ole isn't targeting an attacking left back because he wants his full backs to just sit while the creativity comes from Bruno & Pogba

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
I think a left footed back up should be a priority this summer.

SSSSnake

Would love Alaba. Obviously, now second choice at Bayern. I think he’s only 28 and has plenty of experience in big games. United deserve better then Shaw and I honestly don’t believe Shaw will develop any more. He’s reached his ceiling.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
All he did in the playoffs was repeat what hes been doing all season and showed how good he is going forward. Forget the playoffs, he provided the most assists and chances created by a defender. Hes also in the team of the year. I dont claim him to be a great defender, although when he came up against City and United in Bristol City's Cup run he did well and had a decent season in the PL in a horribly coached Fulham team at the time. I mentioned him for his attacking ability, not every game United would need to be playing defensive fullbacks scared to go forward, so someone like him would be a good squad option, imo.
Well they've just likely upgraded his position :smirk:

Marcus

I think we need a left-footed left back more than Sancho. We can't go with Williams as backup LB again. If Shaw had not gotten injured, we would have beaten Seville.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Yeah would be another bargain but need to hear something more concrete
Personally I would still prefer Jamal Lewis as this guy would want to go back at some point.

But again, we still have Shaw who I rate . So , would be happy with either of them.

bond19821982

Apparently we had the chance multiple times when he was still in Canada :(

While I agree we should have signed him, club cannot sign every single recommendations from scouts though. Shit happens.

bond19821982

safe to say, we are not even considering him. Shame because he would have been an excellent option for us

MrSingh2002

Sign him up. If anyone knows of a better attacking left back thats available speak now!

croadyman

Its actually nice to see that some of these fees are reasonable.

Only the rent boys got ripped off for their 55m fullback acquisition. They are still paying pre-covid fees :lol:
Yeah very reasonable