Television Legion | An Original Series From FX and Marvel

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Looks promising. Is this the chubby guy from the Downton Abbey though? He lost like half of his weight

Kostur

海尔的老板
Given what abilities Legion should have this could be fun. Wonder how they incorporate it (or if) with some other X-Men. Pretty-much-unexpected-esque-style like in Deadpool? As in, you know, two mutants who did not feature much, are not mainstream ones (although one could argue that Colossus is mainstream but whatever) stuff.

decorativeed

It actually looks a lot more interesting than I had expected. It's on Fox though, so if it does exceed expectations and is genuinely good they'll cancel it after two or three seasons no doubt.

Sylar

So this is standalone universe right.
Its defo not MCU (cos yeah, Xmen mutants arent unfortunately)

But as @Kostur said, just Fox' Marvel Universe (which contains Xmen, DP and FF?)
Looks intriguing though to watch the first ep.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It actually looks a lot more interesting than I had expected. It's on Fox though, so if it does exceed expectations and is genuinely good they'll cancel it after two or three seasons no doubt.
FOX are useless, I am just waiting for them to cancel their only good series in a few years, The Exorcist.

This being on FX gives me higher hopes for the quality, FX has taken some leaps the last years.

bucky

Is that Picard's crazy son, right? Age of Apocalypse bringer.
Legion, based on the Marvel Comics by Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz, is the story of David Haller (Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who may be more than human. Diagnosed as schizophrenic as a child, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. Now in his early 30s and institutionalized once again, David loses himself in the rhythm of the structured regimen of life in the hospital: breakfast, lunch, dinner, therapy, medications, sleep. David spends the rest of his time in companionable silence alongside his chatterbox friend Lenny (Aubrey Plaza), a fellow patient whose life-long drug and alcohol addiction has done nothing to quell her boundless optimism that her luck is about to change. The pleasant numbness of David's routine is completely upended with the arrival of a beautiful and troubled new patient named Syd (Rachel Keller). Inexplicably drawn to one another, David and Syd share a startling encounter, after which David must confront the shocking possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees may actually be real.

Donut

I didn't like it. To me it was boring and too confusing. I'll give it another chance if you guys will rave about it later on, but will pass for now.

SwansonsTache

Yeah I'll give this one a pass also. Boring, confusing and trying too hard to be different.

Might give it a try on the binge after the season ends.

Sylar

I liked it. It was a real mind feck though. I was more shocked than anything that what i thought was his mother ended up being his sister :lol:

It starts of slow, and its defo hella confusing, but for me thats a good thing. Like whats real, and whats not, but the good thing is, its like the character is thinking the same thing.

Then theres the chaos / battle at the end that turned it from decent to good imo and was a good payoff. Looking forward to the next episode.

kps88

It was pretty good. Felt like they had a lot of setting up to do in the first episode. Will keep watching.

SwansonsTache

:lol: I agree with you, not looking good for season 2.

The show pulled in under 2 million viewers per episode, which might be enough for some networks, but makes The Exorcist Season 2 a long shot on a network like Fox.
Yeah those cockbiscuits at Fox aren't exactly known for their great taste, but I have faith that a network like FX, Showtime, Netflix or Amazon will realise it's potential if Fox doesn't renew. The show has a huge cult following and is just the type of show to succeed on the more niche specific channels.

This article with the director seems mildly positive re season 2:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-exorcist/260799/the-exorcist-season-2-not-canceled-yet

Last edited:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I was more shocked than anything that what i thought was his mother ended up being his sister :lol:
Hah, I thought that too and having watched the actress in The League thought she was too young to be playing his mother, thought they just went with weird casting.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I feel a little bit less sane just from watching that first episode.

Sylar

That escape at the end, jeez, shocking CGI. Okayish pilot, not that much interesting yet thou.
The part when that dude was just using his hand to throw people made me laugh.
Which is funny, up until the escape part, the rest of it actually looked quite good in terms of graphics.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hm, I liked it. Atrocious CGI in the escape scene though, it was like we're in the 60's or something.

Sylar

The angriest kid stuff and that demon thing he keeps seeing is creepy AF
Im loving this so far.

Its so crazy in the "I have no clue whats going on and I love it" way.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
The angriest kid stuff and that demon thing he keeps seeing is creepy AF
Im loving this so far.

Its so crazy in the "I have no clue whats going on and I love it" way.
If he is remembering that memory properly and he really had that book read to him, then wtf was his freaky dad thinking?

Sylar

Im kinda hoping its his step dad... cos .... well ... comics :P @Schmiznurf

But yeah, that was some fecked up stuff.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Dr, Baker's advanced time-travel class has been cancelled.

Guess we can safely assume all that summerland stuff was in his head.

JON.B

Sloop
Watched the first episode last night, very weird to say the least but somehow I found it really entertaining and like it so far, just that it's so different from your conventional superhero series makes it a welcome change.

Sylar

That fat head devil with yellow eyes thing is creepy AF. And the big headed angry kid character from the book. ffs.
Really enjoying this so far, and its only 3 episodes in.

Its nothing like anything else im watching so really really enjoying this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed, love the show and it's got so much potential. I like that it's a bit confusing and you have to concentrate.

As mentioned the devil and angry kid are genuinely creepy! they would make great halloween costumes :lol:

The lead actor is fantastic too.