Leicester 22/23

caid

I get it. You can’t wait for the manager to be sacked. We’ve all been there. Today was a good showing by Leicester though. Lacked cutting edge but the team played well overall.

I don’t know why Vardy starts ahead of Iheanacho though.
How? They lost against 10 men

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How? They lost against 10 men
They didn’t win but they played well. If they had Iheanacho up front instead of Vardy, they might have gotten something out of the game.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I get it. You can’t wait for the manager to be sacked. We’ve all been there. Today was a good showing by Leicester though. Lacked cutting edge but the team played well overall.

I don’t know why Vardy starts ahead of Iheanacho though.
no its a pattern, Barnes will go on a streak running at defenders and being the player we all want him to be then out of no where he'll stop doing and pass back inside so we can have "control" whilst we pass slowly around and our opposition have time to have a cup of tea before the next pass.

Rodgers is so obsessed with possession stats he kills our attacking players.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
They didn’t win but they played well. If they had Iheanacho up front instead of Vardy, they might have gotten something out of the game.
no, just no, Iheanacho cannot play as a lone striker there is about 6 years of evidence of this

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
no, just no, Iheanacho cannot play as a lone striker there is about 6 years of evidence of this
Fair enough you know your team better than me, and I’m kinda judging him on today’s performance, he looked sharper, livelier than Vardy today.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Where else is he going to go? He can’t take the Chelsea or Arsenal jobs, Liverpool and City aren’t changing managers anytime soon and if United sack ten Haag he should run a mile and I can’t see him back at Spurs
I could have this really wrong. But Leicester are nowhere near the calibre of club that their fans think they are at the moment. They’re in free fall and the finances look really problematic. I think you’ll be in the bottom three at the turn of the year, and will go down.

Pochettino isn’t going to take a job that sees him inherit a bad squad and no money to spend.

I just can’t see him taking the phone call. Feels like he’s a good few levels above the Leicester job as it sits currently.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't understand how they are in these problems. They were not big spenders, they don't have some huge salaries or big squad, getting the same money from tv and sponsors as most PL clubs.
So where is the problem?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I don't understand how they are in these problems. They were not big spenders, they don't have some huge salaries or big squad, getting the same money from tv and sponsors as most PL clubs.
So where is the problem?
we have a huge wage bill, top 6 level, problem is a lot of the huger earners don't play

Wout Faes is apparently over here having a medical so there's the Fofana replacement, Belgian international currently at Stade Reims

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Does Daka deserve an opportunity leading the line? He came highly rated and looks pretty sharp to me whenever I see him (which admittedly isn't a whole lot).

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Does Daka deserve an opportunity leading the line? He came highly rated and looks pretty sharp to me whenever I see him (which admittedly isn't a whole lot).
he's gone backwards under Rodgers and doesn't seem to be able to play as a lone striker either, but under Rodgers the only game Vardy has had chances this season was the Chelsea game so who knows.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
we have a huge wage bill, top 6 level, problem is a lot of the huger earners don't play

Wout Faes is apparently over here having a medical so there's the Fofana replacement, Belgian international currently at Stade Reims
Really? How? Vardy, Tielemans and Maddison are only true big(er) names in your team. On who you spend that wage budget?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Really? How? Vardy, Tielemans and Maddison are only true big(er) names in your team. On who you spend that wage budget?
Barnes got a new deal recently, so did Pereira. I'd imagine Ndidi is on a decent wage as he was at one point maybe the best DM in the league. Evans will be on a fair chunk, and then they have a bunch of recent signings that are on £70k+ (Vestergaard, Soumare, Bertrand, Daka, Castagne).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Barnes got a new deal recently, so did Pereira. I'd imagine Ndidi is on a decent wage as he was at one point maybe the best DM in the league. Evans will be on a fair chunk, and then they have a bunch of recent signings that are on £70k+ (Vestergaard, Soumare, Bertrand, Daka, Castagne).
Did a bit of snooping - it seems like they have 5 players on £100k a week or more, Vardy (£160k a week) at the top. All 5 players are regular starters though, Tielemans, Maddison, Evans and Barnes. Iheanacho on £90k then a further 6 players (most of the players you name dropped plus Ayoze Perez) between £70k and £90k.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Did a bit of snooping - it seems like they have 5 players on £100k a week or more, Vardy (£160k a week) at the top. All 5 players are regular starters though, Tielemans, Maddison, Evans and Barnes. Iheanacho on £90k then a further 6 players (most of the players you name dropped plus Ayoze Perez) between £70k and £90k.
yup, some idiot went down the Arsene Wenger route of paying everyone big money, players like Bertrand, Evans, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Perez, Amartey and one or 2 more are expiring this summer so that will obviously make next summer a lot easier to work.

Evans will get an offer, Tielemans has a standing offer, Soyuncu is a mystery, not sure if he has not been offered a deal or turned it down no news has really come out.

Kasper Schmeichel was our second highest earner too before he was allowed to leave this summer

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
there was a batshit insane rumour that got picked up we were trying to sign Marcelo, Romano even took it seriously, totally untrue

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rodger's not mincing his words on BT, if he wasn't already on thin ice with results in 2022 he will be now

Flexdegea

Trying his best to get sacked and get the pay off as he knows Chelsea job could be close round the corner.......maybe even Villa with rich owners and massive club

cyberman

If a team doesn’t follow Rodger’s intricate tactics then he’s useless as your manager. The actual organisation just falls away

PoTMS

Tough fixture list with Chelsea, United and Arsenal in their first 5. I don't think they need to worry about relegation. They'll be fine as soon as they sack Rodgers. He's taken them as far as they can go.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I genuinely see us going down or at best being stuck in a relegation battle the whole season. Disastrous transfer window, lost a key CB and players don't buying into Rodgers' whatever vision anymore. Latter should've been given his marching orders a while ago.

We're truly fvcked.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I genuinely see us going down or at best being stuck in a relegation battle the whole season. Disastrous transfer window, lost a key CB and players don't buying into Rodgers' whatever vision anymore. Latter should've been given his marching orders a while ago.

We're truly fvcked.
You do have a feeling of us from last season about you. Just have to hope injuries aren’t kind to you and your key players stay fit otherwise you could struggle.

caid

Looked toothless. Thought the ref was very generous with some soft free kicks and it was the only time they threatened. Never looked like creating anything from open play unless someone banged a thunderbolt in from 40 yards.

Acole9

Outstanding
No way will Rodgers see the season out. He'll be lucky if he's still there at Christmas.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No way will Rodgers see the season out. He'll be lucky if he's still there at Christmas.
They play Villa on September 10th. That’ll see one of Gerrard or Rodgers sacked.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They're classic case of decent team bang out of form. Eventually worked the ball well around in midfield but just poor passes in final third and rash shots.

The one Justin just hopelessly blasted over with last kick was poor as that was a pretty good scoring chance.

They have issues but will hit form eventually, would be amazed if they're still bottom 3 going into world cup break.

Ndidi had a decent game for them at CB at least but sums up their issues. Having to play him there because Vestegaard totally flop as predicted and he's lost faith in Soyuncu, they need him back as the DM and build from there.

tomaldinho1

They play like we did last season, the majority just seem off it. Then the crowd gets excited by something and they try for a bit and then lull back to mediocrity.

avgp_1

The team desperately needed fresh faces. It seems the same squad for 3 years or so running

The Purley King

Genuine relegation candidates this year.
I didn’t think we played particularly well but Leicester were so passive. Looked like a training game at times such was the lack of energy from both sides.
Are there three worse teams than them? Probably but it’s not a guarantee

Robertd0803

Are the likes of Maddison and Tielemens going to be miffed now they are still there at the end of the window?

Not following Leicester closely but assumed they would be gone by now.

Ekeke

Are the likes of Maddison and Tielemens going to be miffed now they are still there at the end of the window?

Not following Leicester closely but assumed they would be gone by now.
Tielemens contract is coming up I think, so he'll probably be able to move in jan

Maddison can work on his own consistency

Stadjer

What is wrong with them? Bottom of the league and they were pretty bad today. Rodgers first one who will get the sack?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Rodgers should really be getting more out of this group. Bottom of the league is unacceptable, even it’s only been 5 games. The team is very talented, even they do look weak in some areas.