Leicester 22/23

Craig Ward

Smith made a mess at Villa ultimately and was a disaster at Norwich, Leicester are going down.

No vision, no structure and what decent players they have will all leave in the summer.

What a fall from grace

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Rodgers, you can’t spend nearly a year publicly talking about the players being crap and expect to do well. Also if he’d just played Iveresen all season we’d have 5 or 6 extra points imo

Was assistant manager under Pearson twice and Ranieri, was made caretaker when Ranieri was sacked but should never have been made permanent
But your slide has been going on for a few years now? Surely it goes deeper than just a poor manager?

NICanRed

I know there will be haters on here but the fact that Jonny Evans has been an absentee all season has been part of the problem. In the past couple of seasons he has been a bit of a rock at the back of defence orchestrating the play going forward. I will admit that he has flaws like everybody else but he was dependable at the back.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I know there will be haters on here but the fact that Jonny Evans has been an absentee all season has been part of the problem. In the past couple of seasons he has been a bit of a rock at the back of defence orchestrating the play going forward. I will admit that he has flaws like everybody else but he was dependable at the back.
Absolutely no doubt that Jonny Evans has been missed ! He is a calming influence on the back line & communicate well with the other players. We have missed him but it looks like he is coming to the end of his career . Lots of niggling injuries are taking a toll on him.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Why on earth would there be Jonny Evans haters on here? Top guy, top player. Loved him ever since he Cantona'd Drogba in the chest :D

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Hope for Leicester under Smith?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
some signs of life at least, if Barnes is back next week I fancy our chances vs Wolves

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
you really can't overstate how huge that win was yesterday especially without Barnes and Maddison, Barnes should be back for Tuesday, Maddison was ill so hopefully he recovers in time.

Soumare finally looked like the player we signed, funny that when a manager stops trying to make him be something he isn't and Soyuncu since Smith brought him in has been outstanding ifs insane Rodgers froze him out and publicly slated him all season but no more so than playing Danny Ward for 26 games.

G-manc

I thought Leicester were good second half against Leeds. Soumare was decent but Maddison was excellent; he has the ability to turn in tight spaces, draws fouls and has technique - a cracking player.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I thought Leicester were good second half against Leeds. Soumare was decent but Maddison was excellent; he has the ability to turn in tight spaces, draws fouls and has technique - a cracking player.
Maddison is an excellent player !! It's almost certain he will be leaving Leicester this Summer regardless of relegation .. Newcastle appear to be strong favourites to sign him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Maddison is an excellent player !! It's almost certain he will be leaving Leicester this Summer regardless of relegation .. Newcastle appear to be strong favourites to sign him.
I'd take a swap deal for Maguire over selling him to them, feck I's swap him for someone United fans think is worse that Maguire over selling to Newcastle

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I'd take a swap deal for Maguire over selling him to them, feck I's swap him for someone United fans think is worse that Maguire over selling to Newcastle
I would give him away before bringing the carthorse back to Leicester. We need to get the most we can for him because we are in need of a major rebuild.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I would give him away before bringing the carthorse back to Leicester. We need to get the most we can for him because we are in need of a major rebuild.
Soyuncu and Evans are off mate, Amartey is out of contract too & Vestergaard is a statue we need a CB and we won't find many better than Maguire to sign should we stay up

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Soyuncu and Evans are off mate, Amartey is out of contract too & Vestergaard is a statue we need a CB and we won't find many better than Maguire to sign should we stay up
Soyuncu will be a huge loss for the club but Evans has become horribly injury prone & Amartey was never Premier league quality. I realize we will need CBs but a very slow & mistake prone 30 year old on huge money is not the corner block of a rebuild.

SAFMUTD

What an absolute shit show they have going on, poor poor fans. They still have some great name on their squad but they play so poor. I can see 5-6 players staying up and the rest will fade. If they go down, as it looks they will, I dont think they'll be back soon.

GlasgowCeltic

the league doesn't need Middlesbrough or Sunderland stinking it up like old times, let them stay

RedDevilRoshi

Whatever happened to all the Leicester fans that were on here? Swear there were loads of them on this forum at one point?

Firas United

Wout Faes is an abomination of a footballer, how is he still getting picked?
By far he’s the worst defender in the league … as if he plays amateur football .. and the funny thing is that he plays regularly despite his mistakes and he’s always been picked over Soyuncu who I believe he’s much much better than Faes

BorisManUtd

By far he’s the worst defender in the league … as if he plays amateur football .. and the funny thing is that he plays regularly despite his mistakes and he’s always been picked over Soyuncu who I believe he’s much much better than Faes
People were praising Soyuncu so much, then I heard Rodgers froze him earlier this season but why the hell isn't he playing now under Smith? Seems odd.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
the league doesn't need Middlesbrough or Sunderland stinking it up like old times, let them stay
Not been watching either of those teams have you? Carrick has Middlesbrough playing excellent football, and Sunderland are no dinosaurs even if they aren't playing the most amazing modern football.

Feck Leceister, why have sympathy after the 5-3 and Vardy's antics? Good riddance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They've had an incredible decade when you think about it.

13/14- championship champions.

14/15- They were rock bottom with six weeks of the season left and then won five of their last seven for one of the all time great escapes.

15/16- Don't need to say anything on what happened here.

16/17- Disappointing league season but they had a fantastic run in CL and were only narrowly taken out by Atletico Madrid who were regular finalists or last 4 in those days.

19/20- Should've finished top 4 but 5th and league cup SFs.

20/21- 5th again and FA cup winners.

21/22- Probably warning signs for this season with mediocre league form but still finished 8th and reached SF of Europa Conference.

It's imploded for them like it did for them in early 2000s after the success they had in 90s. Just shows what can happen when you stagnate and start getting key transfers wrong so that's the risk for most clubs outside the top 6/7.

Been some ride and they'll be back in a few years with probably a decent young team again.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Must be one of the sides with the strongest squad we have seen relegated since Leeds I suppose?

probably forgetting someone

Firas United

People were praising Soyuncu so much, then I heard Rodgers froze him earlier this season but why the hell isn't he playing now under Smith? Seems odd.
That’s really confusing … with the regular mistakes by Faes and still he’s been picked over Soyuncu or over anyone ! As for Soyuncu unless there’s internal or discipline problem then it’s really odd …. And btw Soynucu has signed with Atletico Madrid for next year

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was always shite. It was forced praise to try and say they’d one-up’d and upgraded on Maguire

scottser

Leicester were utterly toothless this evening. They're fecked.