Sun, 21 September 2014 @ 1:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bugmat

I've learnt this:

Rooney is not a captain (how can you yell at your players, when you play like shite?);

LvG needs to stop shitting about 'philosophy" and "tactics". Starting to losing faith in him (he got players he'd wanted);

Our defence is a joke;

We fell apart as a team. Where was Herrera after 3-2? And Blind? Rojo looked very weak at times;

Bad substitutions;

Truly amazing refereeing!
    Players still adjusting to the pace of the league - both were burnt by min 70 - if Evans hadn't crocked himself maybe we could have subbed on Anderson (:lol:) or Fellaini for one, but their legs went.

Blackett (absolutely shit 2nd half, leaving a lone strike on goal 4 and slide-fouling in the box on goal 5, after a good 1st), Rooney (he's no #10 I bet he didn't have more than one through ball all game) and LvG (overloading us up top and putting Mata and his small physique wide) are the msot to blame. We ahd at least a draw there.

jay25jay

New before the match they'd be dodgy decisions against us as soon as I seen the ref because he is fecking shite and he has changed the game in the favour of Leicester. He should be disgusted with himself a shocking decision.

I know our defence is shit but we would of won that game if it wasn't for this incompetent referee, I am so fuming right now I can't bring myself to type his name!! I've never liked him and never will. How he cannot see the foul on Rafael is a total joke and then to give a penalty against him when he barely touched vardy I think it was the cheating tw@t and the player dives to the ground. Ridiculous decision!!

The referee gets paid to do his job but when he gives decisions like that and misses blatant fouls he should not get paid as he hasn't done his job properly and just like managers get fined and punished for speaking out about referees, surely this referee should get fined his match fee or drop him to the championship or something like that for yet another incompetent display from supposedly 1 of the best referees in the country!

Yes we should of won but like last season another referee has given dodgy decisions against us yet again. Since Sir Alex left it's like the referees have got a vendetta against us!!

sharpiesdance

Referee completely changed the flow of the game 3-1 up and cruising and Clattenberg ruins the game, we lost the plot after that and looked as poor as we ever did last season.Diamond formation isn't going to work imo, teams will just knock diagonal balls and we'll be outnumbered time after time, back to the frigging drawing board again.

This was supposed to be the weekend when we turned up the heat.
    Agree with this although have to say we lost our heads rather too easily

Idxomer

LVG is a coach who depended on the quality of his players more than anything to win him games since his job at Ajax (watch his 4 matches against us under Fergie for example), after this disaster though I thought he got the formation right, he shan't be trusted anymore.

Ricardo de la Vega

Just a note here about the commentary/media.

They absolutely love ripping into Rafael. I felt sorry for the kid. Is it because he's not English and is an attacking fullback so they naturally assume he cant defend?

At half time Souness ripped into him for not anticipating Jonny Evans was going to lose the challenge and get in front of Ullola. Seemed a bit harsh; the cross had loads of pace on it and I don't think he could have got in front of him.

Then in the second half Rafael made a great clearance - Alan Smith on commentary didn't want to praise him but couldn't really get away with not doing it - so he said (grudgingly) "Rafael actually did quite well there..." Of course he then had to point out a negative to balance that praise saying "but he didn't in the first half".

Then hes pushed in the back and tries to come back and gives away a pen. Hardly touched Vardy and should have been a free kick anyway. Souness admits its a dive - but says "Rafael does something stupid there".

Sorry. There's a lot to be annoyed about today after that shambles in the second half - but this really got my goat. It happens all the time as well. I wish someone would point out to Sky their seeming bias against Rafa.

revel911

Players still adjusting to the pace of the league - both were burnt by min 70 - if Evans hadn't crocked himself maybe we could have subbed on Anderson (:lol:) or Fellaini for one, but their legs went.

Blackett (absolutely shit 2nd half, leaving a lone strike on goal 4 and slide-fouling in the box on goal 5, after a good 1st), Rooney (he's no #10 I bet he didn't have more than one through ball all game) and LvG (overloading us up top and putting Mata and his small physique wide) are the msot to blame. We ahd at least a draw there.
    Mata wasn't brough in wide. If you notice when Mata came in ... he switched the positions around. Mata was in teh #10, Adnan out wide and Rooney moved up top.

iAm20Legend

push? Please find Rafael pushing anyone n highlight it...thanks
    He absolutely sold that, the cheat, he knew Rafael was coming back, he didn't even speed up, looked out the corner of his eye and waited like he was going to give him a box of chocolates, shoves his butt into Rafael and falls over..

ken11

I'm so mad I can't think straight and it's always wonderful when you lot make me even madder by throwing insults.

off the bar

No heart
    No composure
    No defence

Soon as Di Maria and Falcao went off all confidence seemed to go with them

hirotan69er

Still not LvG's fault. My point is that those players SHOULD have done more and they easily have the capability to.
    I know what you meant. However, those players you thought would suffice to win the game helped (Mata did) to lose.

rover

foreigners always receive far away unfair treatment in premier league. and it won't surprise me there are too many british don't want to see lvg succeed. if lvg succeeded with his philosophy, this is almost certain to put an end to those dinosaurs british football.

REJE

Jesus… Read what I said. I'm seriously wondering if he can play there as I haven't seen him do so yet. I wasn't judging him as a CB at all.
    You're wondering if he can play CB because of his performance today.. Like I said, different positions and shouldn't be compared in the slightest.

hbgreg

Jesus… Read what I said. I'm seriously wondering if he can play there as I haven't seen him do so yet. I wasn't judging him as a CB at all.
    He is not a LB, he's terrible at LB. He's much better as a central defender.

Anustart89

Where did he loose the plot?
    He was fouled and didnt even touch Vardy...
    Well, you can't seriously say he didn't touch him. But the contact was manufactured by Vardy that stepped straight into Rafael's path and falling over. How a referee that's supposedly one of the best in the country can fall for that shit is completely beyond me.

Mali_Zeus

Well, you can't seriously say he didn't touch him. But the contact was manufactured by Vardy that stepped straight into Rafael's path and falling over. How a referee that's supposedly one of the best in the country can fall for that shit is completely beyond me.
    Watch the gif.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
    Scout
    I know that the FA will review Clattenburg's performance and punish him by pushing him down to League 1/2 matches like they did to the referee for the Man. Utd.-Chelsea match in 2009/10 and the referee in the Arsenal-Aston Villa match last season, but punishing Clattenburg now will do nothing for us. Seriously, his performance almost made me think he was fixing the match...

Even then, the way our players crumbled mentally (other than di Maria)...Moyes really did hurt their never-say-die attitude.

Paul_Scholes18

I still have massive doubt over Van Gaal. We have better players now, but our balance is poor. His match coaching is weird and Di Maria is our entire offensive play at the moment. Di Maria is a top 3 player in the world, but we need to build better around him and get a solid team together. Also I don't think so much short passing will ever fully work in the PL unless you are Barcelona.

We need to work as a unit much more defensively and we can't have players like Persie and Rooney both on that don't work hard enough. Problem is we have no Welbeck now so we can't really change that.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
    That's why I can't understand how people were fully satisfied with the transferwindow.
    no one was 'fully' satisfied. the 5 players we got were all excellent buys and and will prove superb for us. But we need a solid CB which we did not get. Jones there would have been perfect. Now we dont have Blackett and Evans for the next game.

revel911

no one was 'fully' satisfied. the 5 players we got were all excellent buys and and will prove superb for us. But we need a solid CB which we did not get. Jones there would have been perfect. Now we dont have Blackett and Evans for the next game.
    Which means Rojo to CB and Shaw will have to play.

Sampy93

Van Gaal will get this right! Trust me!

Just a bad decision and a knee jerk reaction from a team that has been dragged through hell the last 18 month.

Jaytay

Our balance in the team is just as bad as Real Madrid, however this is LVG's doing, he said the team wasn't balanced but didn't go out and get a more capable DM or defender.

Kakeru

push? Please find Rafael pushing anyone n highlight it...thanks
    In any sport, that would be called obstruction or interference from the attacking player all day long. What's even more ridiculous was how that Leicester player dived there. English players never dive? My fecking ass right!

shabin_d_great

Where did he loose the plot?
    He was fouled and didnt even touch Vardy...
    The biggest factor in that penalty was that it happened immedeiatly after not giving the foul on Rafael. Rafeal could have and should have been more careful.. He has this trait in losing posession,coneceding freekicks/penalty in unwanted situations.. (I am not defending Clattenberg)

Touseef

It was a shit performance defensively and LVG really needs to look into this. Blackett is good on the ball but he was pushed away very easily for that 5th goal and he needs to be a bit more composed. No forward would be able to do that so easily to Rio or Vidic.

Rojo is not our best LB and we need to start Shaw. I guess that will happen next time as Evans is now injured. I hope Jones comes back soon, we really need him. Rafael needs to really grow up even though it really was stupid of Clattenburg to not be able to make the right call.

The thing is we are stuck with this defense till Jan and this performance will shatter their confidence. LVG has a task of getting them up for the next week as West Ham will definitely bully them. If Carrick is fit, we may even have to play him to get some sort of maturity in defense. This match will always play on the team's mind while playing out 1 or 2 goal leads with 15-20 minutes to go. That is the biggest challenge right now for LvG to get the defense to play together and try and forget this performance. There is nothing he can gain by bashing them right now and I'm sure he knows that.

The only bright spot for this week is that Liverpool and Spurs also lost so we havent really lost points on the 4th spot rivals. Attack isn't going to be an issue and we may even play with another deep-lying midfielder (Carrick) instead of an attacker to shield the defense till January (although I'm not sure which top defender will be available). If LVG van get the defense to communicate better amongst themselves and with more level-headed refereeing, I am still confident we will get a top 4 finish. Liverpool and Spurs aren't doing much better than us and our defense can only get better from here.

M16Red

Van Gaal will get this right! Trust me!

Just a bad decision and a knee jerk reaction from a team that has been dragged through hell the last 18 month.

I agree, He'll take all this on board.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 506 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win