Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
First challenge would be to see whether he is even willing to leave France. PSG will undoubtedly have something to say in this.

Madrid have positioned themselves in such a way that they can afford to wait for the best players to come to them, and a good amount of them probably will.

Clever strategy really. Even better for them when doing that can save them a transfer fee, as they have with Mbappe, Rudiger, Alaba etc.

What a roller coaster transfer windows are.

3 mins ago I read we're offering 36 year old Evans a new contract and thought "nothing changes".......then 2 mins later I read were bidding for Yoro and thought "the new dawn at United has started".

I really need to learn to step back from all these rumors.

And they get him on a free as his contract is about to expire next year. Absolute win for Madrid.

They pretty much pay the play / agent the transfer fee though and probably pay inflated wages as it's "free"

Mbappe just trousered 100 million euros.

They pretty much pay the play / agent the transfer fee though and probably pay inflated wages as it's "free"

Well yea. Mbappe actually got close to 150m euros signing on fee if BBC are to be believed. And that is excluding the agent fees.

But the casuals won't care for those details when Madrid can claim that they got Yoro who was valued at £51m for free.

Seems the Caf has decided he's the next big thing. Or is it because Real are linked? There are so many good young centre backs around, is he the cream of the crop? Personally, I'd go for Scalvini.

Seems the Caf has decided he's the next big thing. Or is it because Real are linked? There are so many good young centre backs around, is he the cream of the crop? Personally, I'd go for Scalvini.

Yes.

Are you any good at fixing ACLs?

I get this argument, although it’s worth considering that Mbappe would’ve received a subsyantial signing on fee regardless of whether a transfer fee was involved or not. But it’s certainly true that a large portion of it goes to the player and agent.

If they had signed him with a transfer fee, it would have cost 200m, plus his wage, and signing on fee. Now it’s cost them his wages, and an 100m euro signing on fee. At the bare minimum they’ll have saved themselves 75m plus. But I suspect a lot more, because I bet he’d have gotten a 50m signing on fee regardless.

Anyway, that’s just speculation. What isn’t speculation is that his 16m a year, after tax salary, plus 100m euro signing on fee, means that he’ll be pulling down around a million euros a week before tax. Plus his image rights. Insane.

I’m not getting sucked into this. I was on the Camavinga train big time and he was just sitting waiting for Madrid. I don’t think we even made a bid in the end and put big money on the table for him. Maybe his agents just said it would be pointless to try as Madrid had given their word they would bid? Anyway. The few things that give me hope this may not just be for clicks.

INEOS clearly know the French league. They were never going to get him for Nice but Utd can match whatever he’s hoping to get and give him proper game time and all that exposure. The next level up.

Wilcox and Berrada. City have consistently signed players Real Bayern Barca and Utd would have liked. They went early and decisively and got the next best option without much fuss or fanfare if the player didn’t want the move or the selling club was asking for too much. They usually got the job done and city is not historically a big club. If the money is there United in theory should be an even easier sell if the project (hate that word) is legitimate. We are going to sign you and Neves this summer etc etc. New training facility, medical department, stadium, no glazers. Only the best from here on out so on.

Having said all that he’s Reals if they want him bad enough this summer. If they mess the player or selling club around then we actually have a good chance of getting the player. I would like us to reposition ourselves as the premier club in England for the worlds most talented u21s like Real and Barca have done in Spain. It’s an approach that clearly works. Those players still sell for big money if they don’t work out and give some of if not all of their best years to the club if they do

Last edited:
If this is for real, I'd be happy. On the other hand it looks right on so many levels, I'm pretty sure it's not happening.

It doesn't sound right with the price.
Why would we offer that ? It doesn't make sense

If he's the true varane heir then it's nice to know we're the one's getting him young compared to Madrid.

I get this argument, although it’s worth considering that Mbappe would’ve received a subsyantial signing on fee regardless of whether a transfer fee was involved or not. But it’s certainly true that a large portion of it goes to the player and agent.

If they had signed him with a transfer fee, it would have cost 200m, plus his wage, and signing on fee. Now it’s cost them his wages, and an 100m euro signing on fee. At the bare minimum they’ll have saved themselves 75m plus. But I suspect a lot more, because I bet he’d have gotten a 50m signing on fee regardless.

Anyway, that’s just speculation. What isn’t speculation is that his 16m a year, after tax salary, plus 100m euro signing on fee, means that he’ll be pulling down around a million euros a week before tax. Plus his image rights. Insane.
PSG paid Mbappe huge signing on fee even for contract renewal. Mbappe is getting paid market rate by Real Madrid in the open market.

It does seem like a Madrid move to make.

They've got Alaba, Militao, Rudiger and Nacho (who's contract is about to expire).

Alaba has had a lot of injuries. Militao is a bit dodgy.

It does seem like a Madrid move to make.

They've got Alaba, Militao, Rudiger and Nacho (who's contract is about to expire).
Other than Militao all are over 31 year old. So there is definitely a spot for a young CB.

Really rate Scalvini as well, but he’s ruptured his ACL in Atalanta’s last league game. He won’t be moving anywhere for a few years now, once he’s proven he has recovered fully from his injury and finds his form again.

Italians historically don't travel well between leagues do they? When was the last successful one in England?

I’m not getting sucked into this. I was on the Camavinga train big time and he was just sitting waiting for Madrid. I don’t think we even made a bid in the end and put big money on the table for him. Maybe his agents just said it would be pointless to try as Madrid had given their word they would bid? Anyway. The few things that give me hope this may not just be for clicks.

INEOS clearly know the French league. They were never going to get him for Nice but Utd can match whatever he’s hoping to get and give him proper game time and all that exposure. The next level up.

Wilcox and Berrada. City have consistently signed players Real Bayern Barca and Utd would have liked. They went early and decisively and got the next best option without much fuss or fanfare if the player didn’t want the move or the selling club was asking for too much. They usually got the job done and city is not historically a big club. If the money is there United in theory should be an even easier sell if the project (hate that word) is legitimate. We are going to sign you and Neves this summer etc etc. New training facility, medical department, stadium, no glazers. Only the best from here on out so on.

Having said all that he’s Reals if they want him bad enough this summer. If they mess the player or selling club around then we actually have a good chance of getting the player. I would like us to reposition ourselves as the premier club in England for the worlds most talented u21s like Real and Barca have done in Spain. It’s an approach that clearly works. Those players still sell for big money if they don’t work out and give some of if not all of their best years to the club if they do
The big pitch to all prospective players should be "We want you to bring United back to the top, and you will forever be a legend here if you do that". let's face it, there's not much else to offer them currently other than a truckload of cash.

The big pitch to all prospective players should be "We want you to bring United back to the top, and you will forever be a legend here if you do that". let's face it, there's not much else to offer them currently other than a truckload of cash.

Hopefully the plan is alluring and the backroom appointments are able to sell it on that basis. They’ve gotten Haaland in, I don't know how much competition there was for him in the end but it sounds like a complicated transfer. I think they can do the deals we’ve been shying away from if the money and ambition is there to the same extent. Yoro as it stands is the next Varane so… let’s see what SJR actually has in store for us. There’s no shame in losing out to Real on a player but not even trying is stupid

Really rate Scalvini as well, but he’s ruptured his ACL in Atalanta’s last league game. He won’t be moving anywhere for a fe0w years now, once he’s proven he has recovered fully from his injury and finds his form again.
It's a pity about Scalvini as I thought he would have been a great buy at a reasonable price, he can cover for RCB and CDM. A player of Hugh potential, Brilliant in the EUropa league Final.

Italians historically don't travel well between leagues do they? When was the last successful one in England?

Last genuinely successful one was Zola, others like Di Matteo and Jorginho were good in every now and again but never over a sustained period of time like Zola was.

Status
Not open for further replies.