Leon Goretzka

Brightonian

Now that would be somebody worth breaking the bank for. You'd have to think Pep would want him if he was available though.
Yep, would be up there with FdJ in terms of desirability, but also sadly I suspect in terms of chance of ever signing for United.

Goretzka I don't want. Never been all that special in my opinion, and regardless you should never knowingly buy someone injury prone, especially if they're German and Bayern are willing to sell them...

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

We will 100% not buy him.....this is just "agent/journalism blah blah".

Reason 1: He would only be on the bench for most matches with us because Fernandes is much better than him.......+ Mount, Eriksen, Mainoo and maybe Amrabat are here too.

Reason 2: He was cleary against Qatar as sponsor at Bayern Munich and that was just as sleeve sponsor........what would be his opinion if our owners would be from Qatar.

izec

He is a box to box player. Not necessarily what we would need. The Mount signing would look stupid, which it was anyway IMO. But ETH wanted him badly.

Howl

If we wanted a McTominay, why not just keep the one we have who cost us nothing and is on low wages. I don't see the point in going and buying a version of a player we already have, therefore, I think this is just paper talk. Probably put out by his agent.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we wanted a McTominay, why not just keep the one we have who cost us nothing and is on low wages. I don't see the point in going and buying a version of a player we already have, therefore, I think this is just paper talk. Probably put out by his agent.
Hes miles better than McTominay. Still I don’t see it

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Propose a straight swap for a Brazilian midfielder, then pull a bait and switch when they find out it’s Fred.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
As mentioned, he's basically good McTominay. We don't have any particular need for a player like that.

Highly likely to be Plettenberg talking out of his arse and adding our name to get more clicks.

bucky

As mentioned, he's basically good McTominay. We don't have any particular need for a player like that.

Highly likely to be Plettenberg talking out of his arse and adding our name to get more clicks.
Agreed.

Howl

Hes miles better than McTominay. Still I don’t see it
I actually don't think he is. He was flattered by the system they played and the players around him. There's a reason why he's out of favor at Bayern, especially since Flick left.

Cassidy

I actually don't think he is. He was flattered by the system they played and the players around him. There's a reason why he's out of favor at Bayern, especially since Flick left.
Those reasons are he is being played in a role that does not suit him

Howl

Those reasons are he is being played in a role that does not suit him
You could say the same about McTominay. Don't get me wrong, while I like McTominay and I think there's a player in there, I don't think he's good enough to get into the team. I hope that makes it clear that I'm not a fanboy of McTominay's or something. Between the two players, they are both box to box midfielders who are at their best offensively, both rely on their physicality. Goretzka might be a better passer while McTominay the better dribbler. Both have an eye for a goal, but both are not good enough for us.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Doubt it's veracity, wouldn't have bought mount and made Bruno the captain otherwise.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Bayern selling a player....hmmm stay away I say!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why would we not have made Bruno captain?
It means he's an undisputed starter in Eric's eyes(which he already was but this just cements it).

I'm assuming we're going with a midfield 3 and both bruno and casemiro will be one first names in the team sheet so that leaves just one vacant spot which will be probably mount's.

Where would gortzeka fit in?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
It means he's an undisputed starter in Eric's eyes(which he already was but this just cements it).

I'm assuming we're going with a midfield 3 and both bruno and casemiro will be one first names in the team sheet so that leaves just one vacant spot which will be probably mount's.

Where would gortzeka fit in?
Ahead of Mount.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
Goretzka is available because the consensus is that Kimmich and Goretzka does not work as a combination because neither is defensive minded.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wouldn't be 100% surprised if we moved from him very late in the window if we haven't signed anyone else before then

Cassidy

Goretzka is available because the consensus is that Kimmich and Goretzka does not work as a combination because neither is defensive minded.
Pretty much
I think he is really good box to box midfielder.
Think we need an Amrabat more than we need him though. But if hes a McTominay replacement then I’d take that

Dr. StrangeHate

Once I bought Vitamin water from the Bayern shop, turned out it was just normal water with sugar in it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I think that Fergie quote about italians and pasta should be reworded for Bayern.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Kessie is going to Saudi for just 15m. He could be the perfect cheap backup option for us instead of Leon.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd take him on a year loan. A fit Goretzka is almost the perfect player for that 8/9/10 hybrid that ETH wants.

daba

I'd take him on a year loan. A fit Goretzka is almost the perfect player for that 8/9/10 hybrid that ETH wants.
Yeah I’d take him on a loan if we are to offload McT, Fred and VdB. If we do manage to, we might need to add two more midfielders, so Amrabat or preferably Lavia + Goretzka on loan would be incredible.