L'Equipe : Zidane wants United job / all spaculation no updates

Hellboy

Like this idea a lot but isn't he going to be Juve's DoF starting October ? Attacking coach that would attract top players and help us keep the likes of Pogba.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh God no. It would be an unmitigated disaster. He doesn't have the best squad in the world here; he'd need to do more than just be 'inspirational.'

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
Would never win the League with him... so just cause you know ''Attacking'' football is coming with him you want him here? And before you say it, CL is out reach too, can't ride your luck with this lot, but you can be incredibly lucky with the best squad of players as he was several times.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Would never win the League with him... so just cause you know ''Attacking'' football is coming with him you want him here? And before you say it, CL is out reach too, can't ride your luck with this lot, but you can be incredibly lucky with the best squad of players as he was several times.

Winning the CL 3 times in a row takes more than luck. Feel like you don't appreciate how unprecedented that is.

Nick7

Winning the CL 3 times in a row takes more than luck. Feel like you don't appreciate how unprecedented that is.
Nah didn't you read? Ballague said he's tactically hopeless so everyone on here jumped on that bandwagon. Everything Real have done in the last three years is solely luck.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh God no. It would be an unmitigated disaster. He doesn't have the best squad in the world here; he'd need to do more than just be 'inspirational.'
Inspiration looks like what we need from a manager. He can't be that bad at the other stuff.

Mike Smalling

Should enable us to say '6 times la' in no time!

On a more serious note, I am fairly certain he is not the right choice for United at this time.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Nah didn't you read? Ballague said he's tactically hopeless so everyone on here jumped on that bandwagon. Everything Real have done in the last three years is solely luck.
According to Ballbag he is guilty of success while not being Spanish.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He has the greatest side in Europe on paper. 3 in a row is amazing but his league form in the final season is equally worrying. He's not the right man to bring us domestic consistency and too big a risk.

Castia

No thanks. I respect what he’s done at Madrid, his CL run is incredible but it’s a completely different job here.

I’m not sure how he’d handle building a squad, at Madrid he had the team already, even his youngster were amazing.

Mainoldo

He’ll have all the resources he needs here to succeed. Just has to ensure he gets the best out of a lot of players with great potential. We are 3 players away from being dominate.

AndyJ1985

He's won the CL 3 times, but it's difficult to know how much that was him and how much it was the world class players he had.

Mainoldo

No thanks. I respect what he’s done at Madrid, his CL run is incredible but it’s a completely different job here.

I’m not sure how he’d handle building a squad, at Madrid he had the team already, even his youngster were amazing.
What is there to build here?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It begins.
Indeed, I wonder how many more coaches we'll be linked with this season? I hope Big Sam's in the mix at some point.

As for Zidane I agree with the reservations of others. He obviously has something, aside from the great squad he inherited at Real, but I'd question whether he's up to the huge job we have here to improve the squad and our style of play while taking on five rivals domestically and being realistically away from the top table in Europe.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
As I mentioned in other threads. Zidane jumped ship as soon as Real needed a rebuild. Their league campaign was worse than ours with their superior squad in comparison last season.

Real are on the turn and need to re-build, he wasnt ready for that. They have a foundation and still have a gang of 30 somethings to keep them ticking over until a few more come in. 3 of our lads would start for Real and that's it. We have a much bigger task at hand here, building from the ground up after some very average transfers in the last 2 fergie windows to the disastrous Moyes spell and very poor LvG transfer spell.

This is not a turnkey club. Zidane may very well be a good coach, but isnt what we need right now at all.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
we're not going to win anything under Jose anyway and he'll probably be gone by the end of this season so why the feck not?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Every rumour, every campaign to unsettle Jose and the team makes me hope he succeeds even more.

As a United fan I want him to do well full stop because I don't enjoy seeing the team fail. However, on a personal level, I'd also love us to win the title so he could shove it back in a few faces for his own sake.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Getting the Pep treatment, will probably have to win the league a few times with Juve/abroad and then reject us for others to rate him as a manager.
Literally exactly the same things being said. As if Zidane and Pep are incapable of working out what a team needs and telling someone to buy them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's funny how the exact same arguments were being made after pep left barca and bayern.
Indeed, Zidane has shown at Madrid he's more than just having a good set of players

That being said we're a broken club and I feel he's probably still too raw as a manager to take on a job as big as ours

Nick7

He has the greatest side in Europe on paper. 3 in a row is amazing but his league form in the final season is equally worrying. He's not the right man to bring us domestic consistency and too big a risk.
They came third 3 points behind Atletico, who had a great season, and 17 behind Barca, who had a fantastic domestic season. Barca only lost one game. That's hardly a stick to beat Zidane with considering they won the league the year before and came second by a point in 2016 (Zidane was only in charge for 6 months).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
At real the CL has always been the main focus and pep didn't have anyone to compete with till mourinho came to the league.
Pep always faced competition when in Spain because Real were still a big team. He took Barca to another level and Real couldn't. In the season he lost to Mourinho it wasn't a drubbing quite like it was in Zidane's last season.

I don't believe Perez told Zidane not to worry about domestic form whatsoever. Its still important to challenge and Real weren't even close. They barely finished ahead of Valencia FFS.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
The Juventus stuff was denied, wasn't it? He'd do no worse than what we've had in the last 5 years, except we'd actually be entertaining to watch again.

PaulRich

Im surprised its taken this long since deadline day for someone to throw this story out there......

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They came third 3 points behind Atletico, who had a great season, and 17 behind Barca, who had a fantastic domestic season. Barca only lost one game. That's hardly a stick to beat Zidane with considering they won the league the year before and came second by a point in 2016 (Zidane was only in charge for 6 months).
He finished 3 points ahead of Valencia. 76 pts for Real Madrid in La Liga is a pile of piss. Mourinho was massively criticised and he still managed 81pts for us last season.