Let's all laugh at Brazil

ExoduS

It's all personal preference mate. I would rather see both teams have a go at each other constantly rather than one team attack vs other team defending.

4-3 scoreline sounds much better than a 1-1 and penalties. To each his own.

The game is played to be won, not to entertain. Watch movies for entertainment.

First objective of football is to win, second is to also win.

Also at no point Croatia simply stayed back, every time they went forward it looked dangerous for Brazil and possession was actually about even.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Also at no point Croatia simply stayed back, every time they went forward it looked dangerous for Brazil and possession was actually about even.
Agreed. And when the level of competitiveness is raised by both teams playing to their strengths, it can also be very entertaining for the fans. It's just a different kind of entertainment.

LoneStar

Football is a form of entertainment. I don't care about the perceived objective of football, it's about why I (and lots of other people) watch it for - entertainment.

Again, I really don't see how something as clear as 'Its all personal preference' and 'I prefer so and so' (on my post) can be replied with seemingly objective answers. I'll watch whatever I want for entertainment, don't need other people to tell me what's entertaining and what is not.

dinostar77

It wasnt a great brasil side, maybe in 4-8 years time, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Endrick, Martinelli might be mature enough to help deliver the WC for brasil.

Kulspruta

Croatia had 2 shots on goal, one on target for the whole match.

uncanny how Michael Oliver looks just like Bolsonaro in a way…

dinostar77

This is great, not sure where to post it. A day in the life of neymar...

wangyu

Unlike many people I don’t think they have had a truly exceptional side for a long time now.
If Richarlison is your main striker then you’re not bathing in luxury. Raphina/Antony on the right is plain average.
On the left things look good, centrally there is only 1 good player with Casemiro and in the back they’re relying on a 38 year old.
Not a bad team but compare that with the 2000s, the difference is huge. I think quarter finals results are about right for them.

Kopral Jono

I mean they are clearly better than Croatia who only managed 1 shot on target, a freak deflection goal.
Nine times out of ten Brazil would have beaten Croatia, had more than a decent chance to beat Argentina (or Holland at that point) in the semis and finals tend to be an even game. Not too bad for an alleged average Brazil side.

Real Name

Croatia had 2 shots on goal, one on target for the whole match.

uncanny how Michael Oliver looks just like Bolsonaro in a way…
So? That doesnt mean we sat back. If we sat back we would never be in a position to score that goal. At 0-1 we didnt fall of but actually gave it a go. Also in the 1st half game was even and in the 2nd Brazil had few chances admitely.

Nefarion

Supports
Argentina
It´s kinda funny that Croatia achieved more than Brazil in the last 5 WCs having less than 2% of their population (4 millions aprox vs 214).

NLunited

Shows you how important it is to have a coach who can set up a team well.