Let's all laugh at Real Madrid

Thiagoal

Literally never heard of the team they lost to. Guy that scored the winner is on loan from Luxembourg apparently

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They must be a poorly coached team to lose to a minnow like that in Europe .....

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Congrats to Sheriff. What a memorable win this must be for them.
As RM fan I am not worried. We played pretty well and it's just one of those night that the ball simply wont go ind.
Sheriff scored like 3 goals on their 4 shots on target. One of the goals was disallowed for offside.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I laughed. Then realised we got beat by a team called Young Boys. Cheers, I'm crying now.

Cloud7

A Trini plays for them, so that was cool seeing him come on and that they got this result

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Poor Real, thought they'd brush aside the minnows easily and in their hubris loaned out their main man Cnuty Cakes to bail out Atletico today.

FatTails

They must be a poorly coached team to lose to a minnow like that in Europe .....
It’s only his first season, a few games in, and he hasn’t been backed in the market.

I learned from the experts on here that no matter how shit the other team is, you shouldn’t be expected to beat them till your manager has been there for a few years and has 1, and preferably 2, world class players in every position.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well they would be if they'd spent close to over £500m over the past few years, except that's us and Real have made a net profit in transfers instead. Judge them and Ancelloti after their rebuild.
Ok good. Now WHY did they make a net profit? I don’t think it was by free will was it? Furthermore they spent €300+ in 2019, so they’re not that far away ‘In the last few years’. They could have easily surpassed our spending if the offer for Mbappe was genuine/accepted.
These arguments are always so selective.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Ok good. Now WHY did they make a net profit? I don’t think it was by free will was it? Furthermore they spent €300+ in 2019, so they’re not that far away ‘In the last few years’. They could have easily surpassed our spending if the offer for Mbappe was genuine/accepted.
These arguments are always so selective.
They made a profit 'cause they're skint and they want expensive toys for which they need to count their pennies over many years. United have the second highest net spend in Europe over the last 5 and 10 years as well. Real are nowhere close to United in terms of spending: https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...&nat=&pos=&altersklasse=&w_s=&leihe=&intern=0

432JuanMata

As I said this Real side is the worst in years which upsets me as we are the best we have been in years yet we both are having comical results.
This Real side will win La Liga due to Barca being awful but they are a poor side

mu4c_20le

Not that surprising given how shite their squad is these days. Benzema can only do so much on his own.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d take a few slightly embarrassing defeats/ seasons even after all the success they’ve had. Most likely In pole position to hoover up Haaland and Mbappe. you just know they are going to get into another generational winning cycle as soon as the finances allow for it

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The game could had been an easy win for Madrid. Sheriff keeper just made the game of his life

Jaeger

Supports
Real Madrid
It was a whole mess of a game. The most embarrassing result I can remember in the biggest stage of all.

Honestly, we should have probably won this game any other night but wasn’t going to happen this time no matter how much we tried it. If I recall, they only had three shots on target, and scored twice. While we had 15+ shots and all the possession in the world but could only score from a penalty kick. Props to Sheriff though, never saw them before but looked a very well composed team.

My only issue with this loss is, bringing on four substitutions after finally drawing only to unbalance the team immediately. Valverde and Camavinga as fullbacks, losing strength of midfield, same old defensive problems, etc. I don’t think Ancelotti needed to make too much changes all of a sudden. Just bring in Modric for Casemiro after half time, and sub in Rodrygo for either Hazard or Vini. We could have changed to a back 3 line to bring in Jovic later on if needed.

This is truly a group D reunion with Madrid, Inter and Shaktar making a mess another season. :lol:

They an awful team made better only because Barcelona is even worse.

Somebody needs to stop the oil clubs though...

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Not even a dodgy penalty decision will save you, cause there is a new sheriff in town.