g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Let's "Correct The Record"

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think he has any real intention of being taken seriously

Minimalist

That was awful mass yesterday. Just saying.

Big orange fcuk ruined it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The thing is these people who voted for Trump have felt like losers their whole lives.

They've cried about Obama for so long. Everything they've been told to expect for him hasn't happened. The general world stage appreciate him. Meanwhile their own lives have gone to shit. In a world where increasing education is needed and it's not enough to simply go down the mines anymore these people have been left behind. After thinking for years it was others who were lazy and stupid for not having jobs suddenly their heavily subsidised industries have shrunk and they're worried.

The single biggest indicator for a Trump voter wasn't class , or gender. It was ignorance. Imagine knowing that. Imagine knowing that the thing that unites you and your fellow voters is lack of knowledge.

Not only that but you don't have the majority you wanted. You won and that was amazing but you know deep down there is a hell of a lot more supporters of the other side. The turn out yesterday was pitiful. There are worldwide protests against your man. 3 million more people voted for the opposition.

So yeah they're losing again. Which is why they're so vocal about winning. Much like their god emporer it is more important to be seen as feeling good than actual feeling good. Most of their happiness is derived from "liberal tears".

It's hilarious and sad.
Sadly true. And again, if I didn't think it might kill us all, I might be sympathetic... I'm not though. At root it's still a bunch of first world white people burning down the world because they feel powerless and marginalised. Grow up.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The thing is these people who voted for Trump have felt like losers their whole lives.

They've cried about Obama for so long. Everything they've been told to expect for him hasn't happened. The general world stage appreciate him. Meanwhile their own lives have gone to shit. In a world where increasing education is needed and it's not enough to simply go down the mines anymore these people have been left behind. After thinking for years it was others who were lazy and stupid for not having jobs suddenly their heavily subsidised industries have shrunk and they're worried.

The single biggest indicator for a Trump voter wasn't class , or gender. It was ignorance. Imagine knowing that. Imagine knowing that the thing that unites you and your fellow voters is lack of knowledge.

Not only that but you don't have the majority you wanted. You won and that was amazing but you know deep down there is a hell of a lot more supporters of the other side. The turn out yesterday was pitiful. There are worldwide protests against your man. 3 million more people voted for the opposition.

So yeah they're losing again. Which is why they're so vocal about winning. Much like their god emporer it is more important to be seen as feeling good than actual feeling good. Most of their happiness is derived from "liberal tears".

It's hilarious and sad.
In some cases what he's done for them has actually been beneficial...except they don't know it. It's like that Facebook post of the guy who was gloating about Obamacare being repealed because he was on the ACA...when one search without a pre-determined agenda would've revealed this fact to him.

I'd like to understand the ardent Trump voters, and what their motivations were and why they like him, but it fundamentally becomes quite difficult when you see a group of people who (to a certain extent) weren't really interested in examining their own opinions, and instead liked to do things like insult liberals so that their side could win after years of feeling persecuted.

If such groups like them are going to say that liberals, or minority groups, have been getting it their own way for long enough, and that they should stop moaning...it becomes kinda difficult to look at the opposite perspective in a different vein. Because, by and large, the Trump voting types seem to be the ones who thrive on being the 'victim' the most. Even look at it in certain threads here...some supporters of Trump in the Trump thread like to ensure they mention in their posts as to how they won't be listened to, or that no one is going to respect their opinions in advance...when it's quite clear there's a significant portion of voters out there who do sympathise with their views. They aren't some suppressed base and to paint them as such is absurd.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Ps
If a tennis match ends 6-1 6-1 6-7 6-7 6-7 - who wins?
No one. This tennis score is an impossibility; a five-set match cannot end on a tie-break, and continues until either player wins by two clear games.

Member 5225

No one. This tennis score is an impossibility; a five-set match cannot end on a tie-break, and continues until either player wins by two clear games.
you know what I mean....the 'popular vote' thing is tedious (guess it's ok re: the UK though and how we're all happy that UKIP only have 1 MP despite 4m+ votes last general election?)

NinjaFletch

Only at Wimbledon, French, and Aussie Open. They have them in the US Open.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
umm not really; the self-righteousness of the liberals is massively annoying.
Grinner is right. You made a wummishly ignorant post about Dems and Republicans that is famously outdated since both parties have inverted their policy positions since the days of Lincoln.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
They use a tiebreak in the 5th at the US Open :p

Don't Kill Bill

Everyone on the US election thread said he couldn't win. I believed you, you bunch of idiots! It is only fair you have to suck on Americano's big fat I told you so thread.

donkeyfish

The most common is a tie-break in the final set. Only a selected few tournaments requires you to win by two games. It has the possibility to properly screw up a tournament schedule, meaning almost all non-elite level Tennis use tie-breaks in all sets.

umm not really; the self-righteousness of the liberals is massively annoying.
I think many feel this way actually. Ironically, you run into some problems as a liberal when you claim your moral code is superior to others. A fundamental issue of Liberalism.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Everyone on the US election thread said he couldn't win. I believed you, you bunch of idiots! It is only fair you have to suck on Americano's big fat I told you so thread.
That's because the people who supported Trump were suspended, banned, or bullied into oblivion. It's open season for personal attacks against anyone who says anything positive about Trump.

I think Americano would be taken more seriously if he had the courage to actually defend his views in a proper debate rather than making one off posts then scampering away to observe the reactions.
What would you like to debate me on?

That Donald Trump is president?
That Hillary lost in an electoral landslide?
That Obama personally said his legacy was on the ballot?
That Obama gave more support to his chosen successor than any previous president?
That Obama's record was harshly repudiated by American voters?
That the Democrats are at their weakest point in a century?
That we are going to make America great again?

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama. Between rounds of golf, he destroyed the Democratic party more efficiently than anyone. The "progressive movement" cannibalized itself and still can't acknowledge its historic and comprehensive defeat(s). It's political Christmas morning every day.

It's kind of a one sided debate when you can just ban me again. But maybe you should, it would be courageous of you to make your echo chamber a safe space for you and your Fascist soccer Euro-buddies who can't stomach freedom, firearms, capitalism and greatness. Cleanse the Trump supporters off your soccer website, do it for the good of the children.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's because the people who supported Trump were suspended, banned, or bullied into oblivion. It's open season for personal attacks against anyone who says anything positive about Trump.

That Obama gave more support to his chosen successor than any previous president?

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama. Between rounds of golf, he destroyed the Democratic party more efficiently than anyone. The "progressive movement" cannibalized itself and still can't acknowledge its historic and comprehensive defeat(s). It's political Christmas morning every day.

It's kind of a one sided debate when you can just ban me again. But maybe you should, it would be courageous of you to make your echo chamber a safe space for you and your Fascist soccer Euro-buddies who can't stomach freedom, firearms, capitalism and greatness. Cleanse the Trump supporters off your soccer website, do it for the good of the children.
You weren't banned for anything you said, you were temporarily banned because you accrued an infraction which automatically bans you for three days.

If you're going to start provocative threads, you should stick around to defend your points since a vast majority of people obviously disagree with everything you're saying.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Tbh the use of the word 'soccer' is a far, far greater offence than voting for Donald Trump.

Siorac

I think many feel this way actually. Ironically, you run into some problems as a liberal when you claim your moral code is superior to others. A fundamental issue of Liberalism.
Without liberalism there would be no such thing as a debate about whose moral code is superior. Liberalism is what allows smug alt-righters to disparage liberalism loudly on the internet.

Those who do NOT believe that liberalism is a superior moral code to others should try living in a country where its fundamental principles aren't taken for granted (as they still are in the UK and the US). Like North Korea.

donkeyfish

Without liberalism there would be no such thing as a debate about whose moral code is superior. Liberalism is what allows smug alt-righters to disparage liberalism loudly on the internet.

Those who do NOT believe that liberalism is a superior moral code to others should try living in a country where its fundamental principles aren't taken for granted (as they still are in the UK and the US). Like North Korea.
That depends a bit on your definition. What it means that something is good or bad has been discussed in all cultures that have written sources, while modern Liberalism is perhaps counted from Locke and forwards. It is however true that the popularity of liberal values in the west has coincided with, perhaps causing, a spur of such debates across all layers of society.